Unjust & Filthy, Righteous & Holy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 22:11 KJV
He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Unjust and Filthy,

Ephesians 2:3 KJV
Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Righteous and Holy,

Philippians 3:9-10 KJV
9) And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
10) That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

I'm just stringing together some thoughts here. This passage in the Revelation is one I think on from time to time.

1 Peter 3:21 KJV
The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Paul speaks of the desires of the flesh, and of the mind. Peter associates filth with the flesh. In the mind sins begin with envy and pride. In the flesh they begin with lusts.

I chose being made conformable to His death as an illustration of holiness. Righteousness relates to our state, but holiness relates to our separation to God, that we serve His purpose and not our own.

And in this place in Philippians, Paul writes of 'the righteousness that is of the Law' as manure, that he wants to be found with the righteousness of God that is by faith. But I think John, in the Revelation, is speaking of the righteousness of doing what is right.

What we do is either filthy or righteous. What we are inside is either unjust or holy. If we are not holy, we are not serving God's intent for us, and it is unjust to deny the rightful Owner His rightful due.

Like I said, just some thoughts, and I'm interested in hearing yours!

Much love!

sheariah07

Feb 2, 2023
Valenzuela
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Hello Marks! I agree. We are either filthy or righteous. Jesus said a good tree cannot bear bad fruit and vice versa. This is how we will know whether we are really saved or not. Whoever sins is a servant of sin. A servant of righteousness cannot sin because the seed of God remains in him and he is dead to sin.

You either bear the fruit of the Spirit of the fruit of unrighteousness.

Galatians 5:19-21 KJV
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these ; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, [20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, [21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:22-23 KJV
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.