Unless God means everything, to you: you are not acting on the most faith you can (why?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So I wanted to post this thread, mostly for myself (at least to begin with). I frequently have doubts, that I am living the Christian faith and I have concerns about arbitrary acts of faith, that don't have a standard of some kind. One of those standards that I think applies, is how much God means to me. The conviction I have, from the Holy Spirit, is that God should mean everything to me. I mean this so sincerely, that I am ready to say "I am not a Christian, unless God means everything to me". Note that I am not accusing you, or anyone of unforgiveable sin - as pertains to what God means to them. All I am saying, is as the conviction of the Holy Spirit has been to me, this is what I think it means.

Ok, so you can tell already, that I am not going to do anything for God, unless He means everything to me first. If God means everything to me, then I will have the status of "Christian" and the expectations that go with that, will make sense (more sense) as I apply myself, to living in a way that exemplifies the meaning of God to myself and others. It should not be an exclusive "everything" because that would not be "everything". In an extended sense, then, I am for God, no matter who He is with, or whom He is for. It is a position of servitude, that I wait for my Master, that when He knocks, I may open to Him. This is important! I want to welcome God, even with all the baggage the world gives Him. That is my position.

I am not looking to be welcomed myself. That is the next point. I want to receive God into myself, whatever the consequence. It is my belief that it should mean something, of God - but need not necessarily be for me. And this is the crucial thing, at some point, God relationship with me, will be for me. I merely refrain from insisting it be for me, before it is. Does this mean that it will never be for me? No, at some point, the fact that I have responded to God, will mean that He wants to do something with me, that He doesn't do with anyone else. What is that thing? It is up to God. I have the faith, that He will answer. That is how God empowers both of us, to come together.

And what does it mean, for God to empower both of us to come together, God meaning everything? I guess that is why I started this thread: God meaning everything, means that what He asks me, will consume me. Jesus said "How I yearn for the kingdom to come" (from memory, the gospels); in a sense, I am growing that yearning, within myself - for the things of God, that come with His meaning what He does. I want this to be powerful, engulfing, impactful, dramatic. All these things are aspects of the everything that God is, to me. I will declare it in the open, I will resound with His Word. Yes! This is what it is to be Christian - and I will say it again!

I feel like I have been in the world, too long, without declaring this - my soul has longed for God, long before I coined the idea of God meaning "everything". It is a measure of trust, I am trying to show, that I want more than the world ("for he who loves the world, is an enemy of God" from memory, the letters). This is what is going to make sense, as I move forward: that God and I will be everything together, as we make of Heaven all that we ever dreamed. There will be people who don't understand how I am any different, from someone who loves the world, but in my heart I will know: I have forsaken the world and the things of it, to be in Love with God. That God foreplaned a place for His Word in me and will nourish it, in time to come, with all things of Heaven, which He has created. It can't happen without quickening of some kind - and for that I am ready.

What I want you to know, is that I am not cheating your God! I am not saying anyone else but me has faced the possibility that God not mean everything, and that I am convinced God is everything, of that I am sure, not just for me, but for you also. God has meant everything to you, all this time and I have come along and said "it is true, God is everything" not because I want to take faith from you, but because I want to face the enemy with you! We can stand together, knowing that God was already everything, even before we wondered, what manner of relationship He has with us. There is power in this: that we know what being "everything" is to God, because we know it together.

I was worried that I would not affirm you, believing what I believe, but I can see now that God has not prepared me to do that - how gracious He is!

God bless.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 12:30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’

• Love
Reactions: Gottservant

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
that I am not going to do anything for God, unless He means everything to me
This is a false belief.

You are an Australian. Are you an Australian only when you are 100% Australian or are you an Australian even when you don't feel you are?

It is the same with Christianity. We are servants ( literally slaves ) of God and are to obey him whether we feel like obeying him or not.

You are a Christian, not because of your choice but because of Gods choice. You can have doubts, questions etc there is nothing wrong with them provided you are actively seeking answers.

Lets be brutally realistic, far, far cleverer people have had your doubts and questions and they have found the answers to them.
All you have to do is read and understand the answers.
sites like reasonablefaith, toughquestionsanswered, wintery knight, answersingenesis to name a few places where you can find answers to doubts and questions.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to chill, bro.
No need to have a nervous breakdown over false expectations.

Philippians 4:6 NIV
Do not be anxious about anything...

Matthew 11:30 NIV
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Acts 15:10 NIV
Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke
that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear?