Unwittingly Pagan?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Danube

Dec 26, 2018
uk
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hosea 4:6
Prov 5:23

Please make yourself familiar with the following information.

://www.truthontheweb.org/library.htm

I have found this library to be very helpful in my learning as it helped kick me into gear while trying to work out how to apply what I was learning and reading from my bible.
I have not read every link in this library but came upon it after prayer while asking for insight into holidays or more importantly Holy days, so I came by this researching the pagan origins of all these commercial holidays that are pushed on us every year.
Some very helpful information. Always use prayer and use your bible to discern the truth just to be clear, Always.

Last edited:

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I find Col 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

To be an answer to those who fuss and fret about 'pagan' holidays yet totaly ignore the pagan names they use in the days of the week and months of the year.

We can celebrate Christmas and Easter as Christians without the excess of nonchristians and also use the time of year and its assosiation with 'church' to bring nonchristians to where they can hear a simple gospel mesage.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I find Col 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

To be an answer to those who fuss and fret about 'pagan' holidays yet totaly ignore the pagan names they use in the days of the week and months of the year.

We can celebrate Christmas and Easter as Christians without the excess of nonchristians and also use the time of year and its assosiation with 'church' to bring nonchristians to where they can hear a simple gospel mesage.
The Incarnation and the Crucifixion are certainly Biblical...

Danube

Dec 26, 2018
uk
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There will not be much council for those who for years have promoted, encouraged or funded the ememy within the gates unless a drastically large change appears in the collective Christian thinking.
If I went along with certain denominations I (a man) would end up being preached to in a church "building" by a lesbian vicar who at easter might do a little sermon on how nice it is to see her "adopted kids" hunting for easter eggs around her house.
I don't want that kind of scenario for my kids to grow up in. If Christmas and Easter are not "commanded" by God to observe, what else can they be for?
That's all.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There will not be much council for those who for years have promoted, encouraged or funded the ememy within the gates unless a drastically large change appears in the collective Christian thinking.
If I went along with certain denominations I (a man) would end up being preached to in a church "building" by a lesbian vicar who at easter might do a little sermon on how nice it is to see her "adopted kids" hunting for easter eggs around her house.
I don't want that kind of scenario for my kids to grow up in. If Christmas and Easter are not "commanded" by God to observe, what else can they be for?
That's all.

No one forces you to attend such an ungodly place.

Reactions: Helen