UPDATE! Congress passes 900 billion$ deal on COVID-19 relief package ! Money on its way folks

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MYNBC5 Congress reaches deal on COVID-19 relief package as shutdown deadline looms

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell announced Sunday evening that leadership from both chambers have reached a deal on "a package of nearly $900 billion" of much-needed relief for the COVID-19 pandemic, though Congress still faces a government shutdown deadline at midnight.

"Moments ago, in consultation with our committees, the four leaders of the Senate and the House finalized an agreement," McConnell, a Kentucky Republican, said on the Senate floor. "There will be another major rescue package for the American people.".....

And five days before Christmas. Why would millionaires care people who rely on the stimulus are needing swift action?

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And five days before Christmas. Why would millionaires care people who rely on the stimulus are needing swift action?
The only real *stimulus* to put things right would be to arrest everyone in government (Congress, Senate, the Supreme Court) and put them behind bars. They are all colluding in defrauding the citizens of America, first with the election fraud, and now with 900 billion which will never reach the people who actually need it.

If an ordinary citizen would carefully examine these bills, he or she would see how fraudulent they are, handing out millions or billions to their buddies while neglecting ordinary hard-working citizens who have lost homes, businesses, and family members.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a ton of pop ups to wade through.
That wasn't the link I watched before I shared it.Then again, I have an ADBlocker on my browser.

(Note: If there is no audio when you open this life session don't worry it isn't your machine. At least most likely isn't. Congress mutes sound at times when they're on break or for some other reason. Live audio will return shortly.)

Reactions: JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That wasn't the link I watched before I shared it.Then again, I have an ADBlocker on my browser.
I have an ad blocker too...but it doesn't filter out all of them and the link you shared had a bunch that went right through my ad blocker with a slew of pop ups.

Reactions: WaterSong

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have an ad blocker too...but it doesn't filter out all of them and the link you shared had a bunch that went right through my ad blocker with a slew of pop ups.
I'm sorry to hear that. :( I would have never shared a site that poppy. I have the Avast security browser and it has the ADBlocker too.
If you're OK with this I'll delete that poppy article in my OP and share the one you found? This way new readers won't suffer the same issue.

Reactions: JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trump doesn't like it because of the foreign aid in the bill.
Also says that $600 is ridiculously low and should be $2,000-$4,000 per couple without the pork in the bill.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Congress found plenty of money for foreign countries, lobbyists and special interests while sending the bare minimum to the American people who need it," Trump said.
Since the criminals in Congress needed 6,000 pages to hide their scheming, Trump should have immediately and simply vetoed this bill altogether.

If the allocation of critical resources to the right people is being proposed, then two or three pages would have been enough. Perhaps even one page.

And let's not forget that COVID relief was deliberately and maliciously blocked over and over again before the election by these same miscreants, so that Trump would not get credit for doing the right thing.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since the criminals in Congress needed 6,000 pages to hide their scheming, Trump should have immediately and simply vetoed this bill altogether.

If the allocation of critical resources to the right people is being proposed, then two or three pages would have been enough. Perhaps even one page.

And let's not forget that COVID relief was deliberately and maliciously blocked over and over again before the election by these same miscreants, so that Trump would not get credit for doing the right thing.

I agree that it's a ton of games in DC.
And speaking of credit...all the relief money is going to be credit... basically the government can't afford to give up money like that. It's more than most people pay in taxes every year.

So where's the money going to come from?

It's like printing monopoly money to them.

Granted this is a special circumstances but the whole world's economy is in the dumpster right now. There's no where to borrow the money. USA has the largest economy in the world...the majority of it.

EU is deep in debt...to the point of instability due to uncontrolled borrowing and inability to pay it back.

China's monetary policy has done them in...they have no liquid assets at all and are struggling. They can't loan us anything.

Japan's economy used to be number 2 in size next to America's. But the state of California has a larger economy than Japan.

So basically it's just going to be printed money. Which can be very dangerous.

Ask Russia what happens when you just print money. They have had to issue several different currencies called rubles...they have destroyed something to the tune of 4 different currencies they have issued and people have lost everything. (The ones with debt or most of their money in cash reserves)

I'm not saying that Trump is right or wrong. I don't know. If I had real access to the real numbers like he does or congress does I could tell. But they don't let out those numbers. No one reports on them at least.

Deficit spending needs to stop at some point.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10 million going to “gender studies” in Pakistan yet we get $600.00. Democrats suck.
It's a way to backhandedly put money in the hands of family members of politicians and lobbyist.

Nobody in america really cares about the sex lives of Pakistani people.
I know that I really don't like their steel products. They can't temper steel or get the formulations correct. But there's a ton of it on the market really cheap.
We have a saying among those who use straight razors. "Friends don't let friends shave with pakistani steel"

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a way to backhandedly put money in the hands of family members of politicians and lobbyist.

Nobody in america really cares about the sex lives of Pakistani people.
I know that I really don't like their steel products. They can't temper steel or get the formulations correct. But there's a ton of it on the market really cheap.
We have a saying among those who use straight razors. "Friends don't let friends shave with pakistani steel"
I have never heard that saying lol

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never heard that saying lol
Oh yeah...those razors look nice but the steel is junk. Going dull mid shave or warping and gouging instead of shaving...they are nightmares!
And you would have to hang out on forums like Badger and blade or one of the other ones.

Reactions: Mantis

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10 million going to “gender studies” in Pakistan yet we get $600.00. Democrats suck.
Send that money to the people who need it . I can already tell them all they need to know about gender studies .
MALE or FEMALE . and HOW GOD made ya is what you are . Save that money , what a waste .

Reactions: Mantis