Upper Body Workout... ⛮

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ran cross-country in high school and have been a touring cyclist ever since. That has been great for my lower body, but not my upper.

I find repetition-based exercises (like weights & rowing) to be tedious and hard to maintain, but I think that I finally found an upper body exercise that I can connect to.

I was reading about the Upper Body Ergo. It works the upper body in the same way that a spin-bike works the lower.
Not having an extra $2K lying around, I read about people repurposing their old-school spin-cycles, like my DP AeroCycle. (I replaced the pedals with custom-made handles. ⛮)
AeroCycle by DP
full
Going a distance with a cyclic form of exercise is a lot more intuitive for me.*
It is also known as:
  • an arm bike/arm-cycling,
  • a hand bike/hand-cycling,
  • an inverted bike/hand-pedalling, etc.
In my exercise notes, I now refer to it as a crank-bike/cranking. Reverse-cranking works antagonistic muscle groups.

I think that it is the perfect complement to cycling.

*A hand-cycle (for paraplegics) would be a comparable workout, but they are also very expensive.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I ran cross-country in high school and have been a touring cyclist ever since. That has been great for my lower body, but not my upper.

I find repetition-based exercises (like weights & rowing) to be tedious and hard to maintain, but I think that I finally found an upper body exercise that I can connect to.

I was reading about the Upper Body Ergo. It works the upper body in the same way that a spin-bike works the lower.
Not having an extra $2K lying around, I read about people repurposing their old-school spin-cycles, like my DP AeroCycle. (I replaced the pedals with custom-made handles. ⛮)
AeroCycle by DP
full
Going a distance with a cyclic form of exercise is a lot more intuitive for me.*
It is also known as:
  • an arm bike/arm-cycling,
  • a hand bike/hand-cycling,
  • an inverted bike/hand-pedalling, etc.
In my exercise notes, I now refer to it as a crank-bike/cranking. Reverse-cranking works antagonistic muscle groups.

I think that it is the perfect complement to cycling.

*A hand-cycle (for paraplegics) would be a comparable workout, but they are also very expensive.
@Sabertooth You must be pretty fit, Sir... :)

Reactions: Sabertooth