Urgent: category 4 hurricane

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hurricane Michael is now a very dangerous category 4 hurricane and is slamming into Florida Panhandle this morning (Wednesday, October 10).

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayflower

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hurricane Michael is now a very dangerous category 4 hurricane and is slamming into Florida panhandle this morning (Wednesday, October 10).
I have been watching the news on it this morning....they are saying it is the worst category to hit the state of Florida....if it picks up speed it will be a category 5 which is what Katrina was several years ago.

Heavenly Father, in situations like this we can only call upon you and ask for your divine intervention and spare the devastation and loss this storm can bring. I ask you to calm the storm and make it turn away from the people who would be in its path. I ask this in Jesus Name, Amen. Thank you Father!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Listening to the news and the worst hurricane to ever hit Florida came through the least populated area and the news man said for those who were praying for a miracle your prayers were answered......Hallelujah, God is Good!

larry2

Jun 14, 2018
Arapahoe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been praying for them. My barber is in Clearwater Fla, on the coast just outside Tampa this week, and I sure need him home safely soon. I have heard reports on the hurricane, and though inconvient, I've not heard of any killed yet; thank God indeed.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been praying for them. My barber is in Clearwater Fla, on the coast just outside Tampa this week, and I sure need him home safely soon. I have heard reports on the hurricane, and though inconvient, I've not heard of any killed yet; thank God indeed.
LOL, good barbers are hard to come by.... I haven't heard of any fatalities either. It'll be a miracle if they're aren't any!

Reactions: larry2

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Listening to the news and the worst hurricane to ever hit Florida came through the least populated area and the news man said for those who were praying for a miracle your prayers were answered......Hallelujah, God is Good!
Awesome is as God does, when he hears the prayers of His saints ♥

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Awesome is as God does, when he hears the prayers of His saints ♥
You know I really needed this....especially to hear it from a news media reporter (Sheppard Smith)….to have someone in the secular world acknowledge God performing a miracle or answering prayers really blessed me. I have defended the fact that God still performs miracles and answers prayers even when mine didn't get answered and I knew that someday the world will begin to see His Supernatural Power at work and give Him the credit for it!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know I really needed this....especially to hear it from a news media reporter (Sheppard Smith)….to have someone in the secular world acknowledge God performing a miracle or answering prayers really blessed me. I have defended the fact that God still performs miracles and answers prayers even when mine didn't get answered and I knew that someday the world will begin to see His Supernatural Power at work and give Him the credit for it!
Yes, that was very refreshing to hear on the secular air waves!

B

Butterfly

I have heard reports that the hurricane did claim lives, and caused a lot of damage- pretty sure it's not just ' inconvenient ' to many but totally life changing and devasting. !
So how does the news of fatalities and destruction fit into the realm of praising this morning, I hear it hit many of the poorer parts of Florida - people that could not get away, and would suspect many who could not afford to protect their properties.
I am not saying that it is not a good thing that the more populated areas were not hit, that is something to be grateful for, but, for me, a miracle would be if the storm just didn't hit land at all.
I always find it hard to define where answers to prayer fit in when suffering is by passed from one area to another. I wonder how the affected area view the ' miracle ' - they must feel that God perhaps favours others above themselves.
I remember years ago when we had an IRA bombing at a hotel in Brighton, someone shared a testimony of how they ' miraculously ' missed out on being at the hotel, and I praised his testimony. Then a friend of mine commented ' I am sure the lady that was left crippled, and later died, wondered where her miracle was ' it really made me think and in that moment I felt that I had been insensitive to the suffering of others. It was food for thought.
Rita

Reactions: Nancy

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have heard reports that the hurricane did claim lives, and caused a lot of damage- pretty sure it's not just ' inconvenient ' to many but totally life changing and devasting. !
So how does the news of fatalities and destruction fit into the realm of praising this morning, I hear it hit many of the poorer parts of Florida - people that could not get away, and would suspect many who could not afford to protect their properties.
I am not saying that it is not a good thing that the more populated areas were not hit, that is something to be grateful for, but, for me, a miracle would be if the storm just didn't hit land at all.
I always find it hard to define where answers to prayer fit in when suffering is by passed from one area to another. I wonder how the affected area view the ' miracle ' - they must feel that God perhaps favours others above themselves.
I remember years ago when we had an IRA bombing at a hotel in Brighton, someone shared a testimony of how they ' miraculously ' missed out on being at the hotel, and I praised his testimony. Then a friend of mine commented ' I am sure the lady that was left crippled, and later died, wondered where her miracle was ' it really made me think and in that moment I felt that I had been insensitive to the suffering of others. It was food for thought.
Rita
A 2 year old boy from our church drowned a couple of months ago and they rushed him to the hospital and the EEG showed no brain activity. The entire churched started a prayer that reached across the world that God would give us a miracle and he would live...each day he showed improvement....then on day 5 they did a cat scan and it showed that the part of the brain that supports life was dead. On day 6 they took him off life support....on day 7 he passed away....on day 8 his heart was beating again in a 3 year old little boy.....his kidneys were functioning again in 2 year old little girl.....his eyes could see again in a 4 year old little boy. The prayers of the parents of those children asking God for a miracle were answered......our prayers for a miracle were not.....but yet they were because he lives on in the lives of the families who were blessed to see their child see them for the first time, and the child who no longer needed dialysis to filtrate the blood, and the child who could walk and run and play because of his new heart.
I struggled with this for over a month and said the same thing you just said....that God favored the others prayers over ours...and it wasn't until I cried out to God to help me understand why that He taught me a valuable lesson through the Book of Job and other scriptures.....
Every day around the world a tragedy occurs and in that tragedy a life is changed forever....but out of those tragedies people affected in different ways praised God for answering their prayers and others cursed God for allowing this to happen....Job was a very wise servant of God and through all that he lost he never once denied Him or cursed Him.....and in the end God multiplied 100 fold what Satan had stole.
Miracles happen all the time.....but not always the way we want. God is a Sovereign and Just God and we cannot begin to know His thoughts but I can assure you He loves everyone the same and does not favor one over the other.

B

Butterfly

A 2 year old boy from our church drowned a couple of months ago and they rushed him to the hospital and the EEG showed no brain activity. The entire churched started a prayer that reached across the world that God would give us a miracle and he would live...each day he showed improvement....then on day 5 they did a cat scan and it showed that the part of the brain that supports life was dead. On day 6 they took him off life support....on day 7 he passed away....on day 8 his heart was beating again in a 3 year old little boy.....his kidneys were functioning again in 2 year old little girl.....his eyes could see again in a 4 year old little boy. The prayers of the parents of those children asking God for a miracle were answered......our prayers for a miracle were not.....but yet they were because he lives on in the lives of the families who were blessed to see their child see them for the first time, and the child who no longer needed dialysis to filtrate the blood, and the child who could walk and run and play because of his new heart.
I struggled with this for over a month and said the same thing you just said....that God favored the others prayers over ours...and it wasn't until I cried out to God to help me understand why that He taught me a valuable lesson through the Book of Job and other scriptures.....
Every day around the world a tragedy occurs and in that tragedy a life is changed forever....but out of those tragedies people affected in different ways praised God for answering their prayers and others cursed God for allowing this to happen....Job was a very wise servant of God and through all that he lost he never once denied Him or cursed Him.....and in the end God multiplied 100 fold what Satan had stole.
Miracles happen all the time.....but not always the way we want. God is a Sovereign and Just God and we cannot begin to know His thoughts but I can assure you He loves everyone the same and does not favor one over the other.
I am not sure I see it as God favouring one over another, I just wonder if that's what the people suffering today may perhaps think.
Thank you for sharing the testimony of the little boy, Gods ways are not our ways. I totally believe in miracles , but sometimes don't think we see all of them until we look back and see things from other prospectives.
Where I struggle is with the praising for one blessing while others suffer in the immediate moment. I think we as Christians can come across as being insensitive at times , if that makes sense.
Not sure my point has come across properly.
I must admit I do struggle with ' weather ' related miracles - storms change direction and change quite naturally sometimes - why would God intervene with one hurricane, but allow an almighty tsunami to kill thousands , or the mud slide that killed 60 today , or the rains that suddenly came in Majorca this week and killed three people.
I guess we all see things differently , and we will always have questions of one kind or another.
It's actually good to ponder it all ...... Think God must get so fed up with all my questions !!! Lol
Rita

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I would have struggled with this also, Heart2Soul. I’m struggling with it in reading it. Thank you for sharing this painful yet encouraging post. I don’t know what is wrong with me lately...there are so many post here in the forum of loss and pain and illness...and I don’t know how I should pray anymore. I’m confident in asking for spiritual needs for another but am not sure why so many suffer with such physical need. I don’t know what to say anymore or what to pray. I’m sorry for yours and this family lost of a beautiful child...yes, praising God for the blessing on the other’s children...but still don’t understand why...

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Much of my church moved here from Florida this past year. About half (they are all related). It is very troubling for them to see where they lived be devastated. My hometown is Houston (I live in Indiana now), a lot was under water and Houston is still revlcovering from Harvey. It has been quite a year...hurricanes, earthquakes, and wild fires...much to pray about.

larry2

Jun 14, 2018
Arapahoe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So how does the news of fatalities and destruction fit into the realm of praising this morning
Dear Sister Butterfly, I do understand the lack we feel when confronted with such suffering in the world, and what we can do. We surely can pray.

Does our Father Who gave His only Son Jesus to die for us that we might have eternal life care enough to hear? Oh yes, and much more. God uses these moments to change lives in ways we probably couldn’t understand if told.

Is it used to bring them to Christ? or a testimony against them. I’ve read of soldiers in a foxhole about to be killed by their enemy call out to God in a moment’s time and be saved. God’s ways are so much above mine, I just don’t understand at times, but with all He has brought to my life, and with deliverance, I know Whom I have believed, and like Paul said: I am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

What of the one we would reach out to? God loves them too, Jesus died that they might have life, and that abundantly. Thanks for your question sister, but I really don’t know the answer; my heart goes out to others also, and when I feel that way I can just pray all the harder.

God bless you in Jesus’ name.

B

Butterfly

Hi Larry2 , Yes, I know all you have said in my head - but I struggle with it within my heart at times. Recently I had a conversation with someone at work who thought the tsunami was ' natural selection ' by God - I had no trouble knowing deep within me, and relaying to her ' no ' that's not the case.
I'm have yet to meet a Christian who does not ask questions about suffering, God sees and knows far more than us- but sometimes it would be nice to understand ' why ' - but then again, that's the challenge of faith xx
Rita xx

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would have struggled with this also, Heart2Soul. I’m struggling with it in reading it. Thank you for sharing this painful yet encouraging post. I don’t know what is wrong with me lately...there are so many post here in the forum of loss and pain and illness...and I don’t know how I should pray anymore. I’m confident in asking for spiritual needs for another but am not sure why so many suffer with such physical need. I don’t know what to say anymore or what to pray. I’m sorry for yours and this family lost of a beautiful child...yes, praising God for the blessing on the other’s children...but still don’t understand why...
I am struggling as well....I don't know how to pray anymore. Thank you for your kind words.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure I see it as God favouring one over another, I just wonder if that's what the people suffering today may perhaps think.
Thank you for sharing the testimony of the little boy, Gods ways are not our ways. I totally believe in miracles , but sometimes don't think we see all of them until we look back and see things from other prospectives.
Where I struggle is with the praising for one blessing while others suffer in the immediate moment. I think we as Christians can come across as being insensitive at times , if that makes sense.
Not sure my point has come across properly.
I must admit I do struggle with ' weather ' related miracles - storms change direction and change quite naturally sometimes - why would God intervene with one hurricane, but allow an almighty tsunami to kill thousands , or the mud slide that killed 60 today , or the rains that suddenly came in Majorca this week and killed three people.
I guess we all see things differently , and we will always have questions of one kind or another.
It's actually good to ponder it all ...... Think God must get so fed up with all my questions !!! Lol
Rita
Oh those "why" God" questions...I try to never ask Him why. But-it can be hard not to sometimes, times like these disasters. I suppose just the fact that the whole world shattered right at the fall, we have to live with the consequences of the sin that caused the fall. We can praise Him for sparing the lives that WERE saved, pray for those who lost their homes, family, etc. Pray for strength, courage and comfort but, most of all that they call upon the name of Jesus ♥

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita
What you've shared is something we all struggle with. Why does God spare some, but not others???

A friend of mine lived in New Jersey (close to NY) during the 911 attacks. Almost a dozen people in her church were scheduled to be in the World Trade Center when the attacks occurred, but for various reasons, they weren't there. One couple missed their alarm, one guy missed a turn in the road and ended up in a different part of the city, etc. When I heard these stories, I rejoiced. But as we know, so many people have a different story from that day.

It's hard to hear the stories of injury and pain and death. When we're the ones suffering, pat answers don't help. At these times, we have to trust that God is good and He knows what He's doing even though the opposite appears to be true.

My family has been through a lot of hard trials--ones that have made me curse the day I was born, like Job did. What we've seen through them all as we've looked back is that God brings greater glory and blessing through the trials. He makes things better than they would've been apart from the trials. I'm still waiting to see this concerning some of the things we've been through, but I believe that we will.