Vanity Of Mind 3

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: - Ephesians 4:17-18.

These verses carry with it what it is a christian should know about living. If I were to be involved in some hobbie or some job or any activity, and wanted to know something about I would do all I could to know how to do it. Whatever it takes to fulfill my obligation to the task at hand. It is how you get something done. If you were to be interested in science and wanted to be a scientist you would want to attend to the best schooling for the art of science.

These two verses are some of the best schooling you can find in scripture for living life. Have you stopped long enough in life and in all you do to think about how to live life. We just live life willy nilly sometime, never putting much thought into what and how life is. (Christian's can do themselves a solid by looking at nothing but life and how to live it).

Stay away from anything else that would detour that knowledge, at least untill you find out how to live. Usually once a christian finds life they have very little interest in the world and it's events.

We have classes for life, God has a schoolhouse that instructs for life. There is a way to live life. The bible is an instruction manual for you to know how to live your life in this world and not just be a victim of this world. Everybody is a victim of something, it is popular today to have some kind of trauma. Now trauma happens and we will not make light of true heartache and traumatic life events. But on the other hand don't fall into the trap of being a victim of a bad childhood or some abuse. When it comes right down to it everyone born into the world will be a victim of their sin nature. That is about all the abuse you will need to have enough hell on earth to last a lifetime. So what comes with the sin nature we need to overcome. Focus on the sin nature, don't go down all the rabbit holes it causes. Those are just effects of sin, the sin nature.

Find out about the sin nature and how it programs and how it abuse's, and work on that not all the symptoms. The fallout of sin is what causes you trouble not the sin nature. Not once you know the difference! Bless you.

Footnote: when you read your bible, do so with the mind set of 'what I'm reading is explaining to me what is going on outside of me to turn me to the inner work.' you cannot live in a fantasy world in scripture, when everything outside of you is in shambles.

The schoolhouse has one soul purpose "to turn you to Christ who is your only life."

Last edited:
Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Christian's can do themselves a solid by looking at nothing but life and how to live it).

Could you expand more on what you mean by that phrase?

Stay away from anything else that would detour that knowledge, at least untill you find out how to live. Usually once a christian finds life they have very little interest in the world and it's events.

I think this is good advice. Really easy to get caught up in fruitless things these days. There's a book called "Amusing Ourselves to Death" that is supposed to be good and talks about this. Hadn't read it but want to.

There's another book called The Shallows: What The Internet Is Doing To Our Brains by Nicholas Carr. Worth a peek. Maybe not a whole read, it's pretty long-winded, but a peek. When you start cutting things out and eliminating unnecessary things, I think it's easier to both grow both spiritually and intellectually.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could you expand more on what you mean by that phrase?

Yes thank you. That quote would have to do with sticking to a particular subject, in this case I'm referring to Christ in the believer as the only life a believer has. Which is what scripture teaches, we don't have any other life but Christ. That is a deep subject as far as what do I do with that knowledge. That knowledge as far as what the scriptures say. Meaning any one can read it, it is written. So doing ourselves a favor so to speak and staying with that particular subject until Christ is revealed in you. The Christ in believes needs to be revealed to them as it happened to the Apostle Paul, galatians 1:15-26. That is really christianity 101, that is where we should start "with Christ revealed in me. A believer with revelation knowledge (Christ in you knowledge) can go anywhere in scripture and have a proper understanding of scripture because they have started where they needed to start. So my advice to believers is simple (in council) do not go anywhere else until Christ revelation is fixed in them by the Spirit. I know kind of a long answer for a good question. And I probably didn't answer it right either but I tried :)

I think this is good advice. Really easy to get caught up in fruitless things these days. There's a book called "Amusing Ourselves to Death" that is supposed to be good and talks about this. Hadn't read it but want to.

There's another book called The Shallows: What The Internet Is Doing To Our Brains by Nicholas Carr. Worth a peek. Maybe not a whole read, it's pretty long-winded, but a peek. When you start cutting things out and eliminating unnecessary things, I think it's easier to both grow both spiritually and intellectually.

There are many good books available to believers, and some are not so good in my opinion. A good judge of a book is; does it tell me to do something in order for something else to happen, or does it go along with scripture and tell you who you are. People trying to do things whatever it is 'to fix something such as marriage or children out of order or life crashing around them, doing things never gets you what you need. In any case it will be the Lord when Deliverance comes and not because I followed some good book. I know when you talk about 'say the greek and hebrew, I'll make the statement 'we should leave it alone. It is not popular because you can glean good stuff from them but you are not looking for good stuff persay you are looking for him and him only, he is not hid. Not enhance my greek and hebrew. Everybody uses it if they are a good student of the word, but what I'm saying is stay away from anything that detours your mind. It is usually just for a season because when certain understandings come to a believer the rest of 'whatever' is far less interesting. We have to be still for the Holyspirit to teach us. It is a quite teaching not full of confusion. His main ministry is Christ, he teaches Christ. What did Paul say to believers 'you have not so learned Christ. Very deep words of wisdom from Paul. Paul never places Christ outside the believer it is always the indwelling Christ when he speaks. He does not even mention Jesus of Nazareth much in his writing, why did he do that? It is simple 'that is not the Christ you need to know. It is the same Christ but that is what Jesus did which is historical, Christ in you is reality according to what is written.

Last edited:

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry I think I messed up the way I quoted but it is there just have to decipher my comments :)