VBS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the kickoff for our VBS "Fun in the Son" adventure started tonight. The teens were separate, so I don't know how many came, but for the kids, we had 12 little disciples this first night. Lol. All 5 to 7 year old! We had a lot of music, a children's sermon on Psalm 23 and a prayer walk I put together around the church where we sang different songs, said child prayers, and got necklaces with beads that told how to become saved through the prayer walk. And we painted shepherd rods today and had some lasagna and garlic bread. Fun fun!!! But God was moving in these hearts and can't wait to see what God will continue to do this week! And each of them got a Gideon New Testament Bible.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Second night done. Only 4 tonight! :D I guess there was a parade the kids were in...the teens were a bit low also, because of football practice I guess, but tomorrow is bring a friend and everyone from yesterday will be back too. So pray for a good turn out. We were few in number tonight, but we still had a lot of fun and the kids learned about the Bible being our light.

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
Psalms 119:105 KJV

I love seeing their faces light up and how the kids like learning about Jesus. Since this is the first time we have done VBS, next year we can start earlier in planning and draw a lot more kids in. :)

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mayflower

Whether 4 or 40, you have the ones He sent. And they will remember.

Stranger

Exactly!!!! We didn't go to church all the time growing up, but my fondest memories over summer was going to the different VBS groups around town. A lot of the ideas I thought about for this year's VBS came from when I was in VBS. Like the prayer rocks tomorrow... I never forgot that and I was in first grade!!!! Seeds get planted. And hopefully will take root. Kids are my ministry and I am super excited that we started VBS this year!

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly!!!! We didn't go to church all the time growing up, but my fondest memories over summer was going to the different VBS groups around town. A lot of the ideas I thought about for this year's VBS came from when I was in VBS. Like the prayer rocks tomorrow... I never forgot that and I was in first grade!!!! Seeds get planted. And hopefully will take root. Kids are my ministry and I am super excited that we started VBS this year!

Yes, seeds get planted. Praise God sister. May the Lord bless your ministry.

Stranger

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So today was the last day of VBS!!!! The teens run until midnight, and I can't wait to hear their testimonies, but we had 10 kids tonight!!!!! And the subject was Jesus is our Salvation. 8 of the 10 kids professed Christ in a prayer of faith. Seeds were planted for sure. I know seeds were planted long before I understood as a child through Vacation Bible Schools like this. We made prayer rocks to remind them to pray and an egg hunt to remind them Jesus rose from the dead. It was an amazing VBS I was so blessed to be able to put together and everyone who helped out was so amazing. It really has just made my whole month.

When Jesus saw what was happening, he was angry with his disciples. He said to them, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children.
Mark 10:14 NLT

Reactions: amadeus

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So today was the last day of VBS!!!! The teens run until midnight, and I can't wait to hear their testimonies, but we had 10 kids tonight!!!!! And the subject was Jesus is our Salvation. 8 of the 10 kids professed Christ in a prayer of faith. Seeds were planted for sure. I know seeds were planted long before I understood as a child through Vacation Bible Schools like this. We made prayer rocks to remind them to pray and an egg hunt to remind them Jesus rose from the dead. It was an amazing VBS I was so blessed to be able to put together and everyone who helped out was so amazing. It really has just made my whole month.

When Jesus saw what was happening, he was angry with his disciples. He said to them, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children.
Mark 10:14 NLT

A good report.

Stranger

Reactions: Mayflower