Veridicans and the apostle Paul?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Edward Gordon ... I thought I would pull this out of the General Discussion area to address.

So, are the writings of the apostle Paul not included in the Veridicans canon? And if not, why, since he is the only one in the Christian Bible that claimed of himself, "for me to live is Christ", a major tenet of Veridicans?

Niblo

Jul 16, 2021
Leeds
Faith
Muslim
Country
United Kingdom
@Edward Gordon ... I thought I would pull this out of the General Discussion area to address.

So, are the writings of the apostle Paul not included in the Veridicans canon? And if not, why, since he is the only one in the Christian Bible that claimed of himself, "for me to live is Christ", a major tenet of Veridicans?

Hi.

According to a post on the Veridican site, Mr. Gordon has been banned from this Forum.

Have a great day, and very best regards.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure, but I don't think he's banned. i think he is on moderation--it's a temporary thing. You are just locked out for awhile. I've seen this a couple times from folk who were reported I guess, and were removed for a bit.

Niblo

Jul 16, 2021
Leeds
Faith
Muslim
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you, Cassandra. He claims to be banned....time will tell. :).

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I can basically answer this for you, giving you the likely answer without any intent to deliberately disparage the man:

While rejecting the teachings of the apostles, he nevertheless honored the Gnostic Gospel of Thomas. This means that he was essentially readapting (some might say highjacking) the teachings of Paul while rejecting his moral standards. The early Gnostics were staunchly against any moral laws of conduct and still are to this day, in particular anything associated with Jewish law, and this is what Paul referenced in his teachings. And what you also have to keep in mind is that the Gnostics worshipped a different "Christ," one who did not have the same problems with sexual sin as the One preached by the apostle Paul.

This is why very early on I questioned Edward about how he felt about David Koresh's polygamy and adultery, to which he replied, "As long as the man wasn't trying to have sex with me, I have no opinion in the matter." That's a typical Gnostic take on sexual morality. He was saying "Based on what we believe about human sexuality, I don't judge the man, because we reject Pauline/ apostolic codes of conduct on sexual matters."

This is a habit with most Gnostics, btw. They take what they can manipulate into having occultic and sinful connotations and honor it as "scripture" when interpreted in light of their teachings, while flatly rejecting any scripture as unauthoritative that can't be manipulated in the same way.

Reactions: ScottA

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The man (the banned one) fails to understand that tearing out pages from the scriptures that dispute your false teachings are not the only source of our knowledge. Those indwelled with the Holy Spirit have the truth written in our hearts. Foolish to the person without the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: Curtis and ScottA

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't suggest going to that site... I've been trying to figure out how to block it. It gets hard for me to not read certain things even when it is harmful, especially when it comes to dreams. He is interpreting someone's dream with this big circle and interpreted a passage in Revelation with great detail about the covid vaccine. I am drawn to stuff like this, but you can't just pick out one thing if the canon is completely wrong. You do not want to trust anything if there is falsehood there. Please be careful to not be lead astray by this.

@Hidden In Him I'm really curious of how you would teach Revelation 9:3-19 if you ever have time to do a Bible study on Revelation. You are really good in teaching the end times stuff.

Reactions: GTW27

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't suggest going to that site... I've been trying to figure out how to block it. It gets hard for me to not read certain things even when it is harmful, especially when it comes to dreams. He is interpreting someone's dream with this big circle and interpreted a passage in Revelation with great detail about the covid vaccine. I am drawn to stuff like this, but you can't just pick out one thing if the canon is completely wrong. You do not want to trust anything if there is falsehood there. Please be careful to not be lead astray by this.

@Hidden In Him I'm really curious of how you would teach Revelation 9:3-19 if you ever have time to do a Bible study on Revelation. You are really good in teaching the end times stuff.

It is the darkness that lures people in. He came to play and to recruit knowing his time would be short. Thriving off of the attention. How many have gone there to join. His numbers have grown. It is time to to put a period on his influence in here. We have been told that when someone brings another gospel, to have nothing to do with them. A little leaven leavens the whole lump.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the darkness that lures people in. He came to play and to recruit knowing his time would be short. Thriving off of the attention. How many have gone there to join. His numbers have grown. It is time to to put a period on his influence in here. We have been told that when someone brings another gospel, to have nothing to do with them. A little leaven leavens the whole lump.

Agreed... I don't think his is the only doctrine that needs to be left alone though. I'm still praying about things. Round about vain arguments just lead people astray and lead to hurt feelings with no real change.

Reactions: GTW27

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed... I don't think his is the only doctrine that needs to be left alone though. I'm still praying about things. Round about vain arguments just lead people astray and lead to hurt feelings with no real change.

The enemy is pulling out all the stops. Let us stand upon The Rock of our salvation. Let The Lord alone interpret your warnings. He alone is Faithful.

Reactions: Mayflower