Very Impressed Popes Speech to Curia

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Devil himself can come across as an Angel of Light.
I should be getting rich off that statement. If I could only get a nickel everytime someone has used that to call something good evil. Anyways, good to see you Reggie. But I'm a little reluctant to call a leader of a church evil unless he's just using that church to make money.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And for the record the Whore as a description of a church would more appropriately be describing a church used to make money off of Christians. Come on people, that's what whores do, they sell their bodies to make money.

The lack of comprehension is sometimes staggering.

And I think we all have run across money makers in the Christian world. It was even there in Jesus' time as described in the bible.

John 2:16
And He said to those who sold doves, “Take these things away! Do not make My Father’s house a house of merchandise!”

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey whatever happened to the scriptures in this site anyways. We have to post whole scriptures instead of autolink references, :( Aaarrrggghhhh!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And for the record the Whore as a description of a church would more appropriately be describing a church used to make money off of Christians. Come on people, that's what whores do, they sell their bodies to make money.

And I think we all have run across money makers in the Christian world. It was even there in Jesus' time as described in the bible.

And He said to those who sold doves, “Take these things away! Do not make My Father’s house a house of merchandise!”
Staggering, indeed . . .
The Whore of Babylon is not a Church. And it's definitely not the Catho9lic Church, as many here believe.

The Bible states the following about the Whore:
1. She "sits on 7 HILLS" (Rev. 17:9)
Vatican Hill
is NOT one of the 7 hills of Rome – which include:
- Aventine Hill
- Caelian Hill
- Capitoline Hill
- Esquiline Hill
- Palatine Hill
- Quirinal Hill
- Viminal Hill

Jerusalem
DOES sit on 7 hills, which include:
- Mount Scopus
- Mount Olivet
- Mount of Corruption
- Mount Ophel
- original Mount Zion
- New Mount Zion
- The hill on which the Antonia Fortress was built

2. She is called "The Great City" (Rev. 17:18)

- Jerusalem is called the "Great City" - “where also their Lord was crucified” (Rev. 11:8).

3. She is "Drunk on the blood of God's Holy people" (Rev 17:6)
- Not ONLY did Jerusalem kill the prophets (Matt. 23:37, Luke 13:34) - she persecuted the Early Church (Gal. 4:9, 2 Cor 11:23-26) along with pagan Rome.

4. "Jerusalem is the "Faithful City" that became a “Whore”
- Isaiah 1:21 laments, "How the FAITHFUL CITY HAS BECOME A WHORE, she who was full of justice! Righteousness lodged in her, but now murderers."

5. Apostate Jerusalem
has the blood of God’s holy people on her hands (prophets and martyrs)NOT the Catholic Church (Rev 17:6, Matt. 23:37, Luke 13:34, Gal. 4:9, 2 Cor 11:23-26).

And to say that ONLY the Catholic Church killed Christians is false because many Catholics were killed by Protestants as well.

We read that the “ten horns” and the beast will hate the prostitute. “They will make her desolate and naked, and devour her flesh and burn her up with fire(Rev. 17:16).

Ummmm, WHAT happened in 70 AD?
Answer: The destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple by pagan Rome.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Staggering, indeed . . .
The Whore of Babylon is not a Church. And it's definitely not the Catho9lic Church, as many here believe.

The Bible states the following about the Whore:
1. She "sits on 7 HILLS" (Rev. 17:9)
Vatican Hill
is NOT one of the 7 hills of Rome – which include:
- Aventine Hill
- Caelian Hill
- Capitoline Hill
- Esquiline Hill
- Palatine Hill
- Quirinal Hill
- Viminal Hill

Jerusalem
DOES sit on 7 hills, which include:
- Mount Scopus
- Mount Olivet
- Mount of Corruption
- Mount Ophel
- original Mount Zion
- New Mount Zion
- The hill on which the Antonia Fortress was built

2. She is called "The Great City" (Rev. 17:18)

- Jerusalem is called the "Great City" - “where also their Lord was crucified” (Rev. 11:8).

3. She is "Drunk on the blood of God's Holy people" (Rev 17:6)
- Not ONLY did Jerusalem kill the prophets (Matt. 23:37, Luke 13:34) - she persecuted the Early Church (Gal. 4:9, 2 Cor 11:23-26) along with pagan Rome.

4. "Jerusalem is the "Faithful City" that became a “Whore”
- Isaiah 1:21 laments, "How the FAITHFUL CITY HAS BECOME A WHORE, she who was full of justice! Righteousness lodged in her, but now murderers."

5. Apostate Jerusalem
has the blood of God’s holy people on her hands (prophets and martyrs)NOT the Catholic Church (Rev 17:6, Matt. 23:37, Luke 13:34, Gal. 4:9, 2 Cor 11:23-26).

And to say that ONLY the Catholic Church killed Christians is false because many Catholics were killed by Protestants as well.

We read that the “ten horns” and the beast will hate the prostitute. “They will make her desolate and naked, and devour her flesh and burn her up with fire(Rev. 17:16).

Ummmm, WHAT happened in 70 AD?
Answer:
The destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple by pagan Rome.
Well, I think there is some speculation in that post. But OK. hmmx1:

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Dave Hunt's book "A Woman Rides the Beast" sold over 4 million copies. Hate sells, which is why the internet is so loaded with anti-Catholic lies, there's money in it. It's falsehoods are exposed here:

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dave Hunt's book "A Woman Rides the Beast" sold over 4 million copies. Hate sells, which is why the internet is so loaded with anti-Catholic lies, there's money in it. It's falsehoods are exposed here:

I wonder how Benedict’s new book sales are going?

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hey whatever happened to the scriptures in this site anyways. We have to post whole scriptures instead of autolink references, :( Aaarrrggghhhh!
Yes, we have been spoiled with auto-link references that disappeared. Instead of posting walls of scripture, it's not hard to post a link to the verses via BibleGateway. Simply key in the verses you want to post in the address bar, followed by biblegateway, and navigate to your favorite version. Copy the link and paste it into your post.
for example:
Key in "Psalm 22 biblegateway" into the address bar in a new window.
scroll down until you find the biblegateway site
you get this:
click on the address bar to highlight it, hold down the Ctrl key and click "C" at the same time.
return to your post and paste in the link by holding down the Ctrl key and click "V" at the same time.

There is no need to clutter up the forum page with long Bible verses.

Reactions: dev553344

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wonder how Benedict’s new book sales are going?
Ignatius Press, a non-profit publisher, publishes most of Benedict's books, many of them are in a free audible format.
Any "non-profit" entity must comply with government regulations, meaning every penny must be accounted for by public accountants.
Harvest House Publisher, who publishes Hunt's books of lies, does not have non-profit status.

Dave Hunt became a millionaire by exploiting the biblically illiterate and bearing false witness, a serious sin.

Last edited:

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ignatius Press, a non-profit publisher, publishes most of Benedict's books, many of them are in a free audible format.
Any "non-profit" entity must comply with government regulations, meaning every penny must be accounted for by public accountants.
Harvest House Publisher, who publishes Hunt's books of lies, does not have non-profit status.

Do you agree with Benedict’s assessment of Catholic seminaries? He was very critical of Pop Francis.

1674858231793.png

Last edited:

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you agree with Benedict’s assessment of Catholic seminaries? He was very critical of Pop Francis.
Do you agree with the lies of millionaire Dave Hunt?
I don't agree with the secular media's war against the CC, but you seem to.
Your dig in post #127 didn't work, so you jump to a different topic (typical anti-Catholic methodology) trying to discredit the CC. Is there nothing wrong with exposing evil gay clubs in American seminaries, just as there is nothing wrong with exposing the lies of Dave Hunt, which you are trying to deflect from.
Do you think borrowing snippets from the secular media is going to give an accurate review of the book? Media zombies will grab hold of anything that puts the CC in a dark light.

In new book, the late Benedict XVI defends Christianity against claims of intolerance.

I wonder what your next off-topic cheap shot will be.

Last edited:

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you agree with the lies of millionaire Dave Hunt?
I don't agree with the secular media's war against the CC, but you seem to.
Your dig in post #127 didn't work, so you jump to a different topic (typical anti-Catholic methodology) trying to discredit the CC. Is there nothing wrong with exposing evil gay clubs in American seminaries, just as there is nothing wrong with exposing the lies of Dave Hunt, which you are trying to deflect from.
Do you think borrowing snippets from the secular media is going to give an accurate review of the book? Media zombies will grab hold of anything that puts the CC in a dark light.

In new book, the late Benedict XVI defends Christianity against claims of intolerance.

I wonder what your next off-topic cheap shot will be.

I don't know Dave Hunt and I don't care what he thinks. He's not the leader (or former leader) of any organization I claim. Of course you can't say the same about Benedict or Francis..... This thread is about the Pope, so who is deflecting, redirecting and trying to change the subject? My comments are again, about a lack of discernment when it comes to 'clinging' on to certain teachers or leaders because they have what -Likeability? Charisma? Positional Authority? None of that matters a lick.

Don't change the subject.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The Whore or a whore is one who selling a deception for one who under a delusion. Evil for evil ?
Does a Whore do it for money ? one would think so ? but that may not be the only reason ?
I seen this man on TV about his whole life, who made himself into a woman as they say nowadays, he is dead now and they were showing his story.
Gay people or Sodomites have to attack their victims, deception is the game ? once they create the delusion then they have one ? it's an ego boost ! They have won ? Like a Vampire ? it has you for it's own ends ? That's the win ! it's called winning and they are laughing at their victim.
Not to mention the Victim but what do they think ? are they pumped up with pride or something ? as to why they go, not to mention do they know or can they see themselves as ? or understand clearly what it is that they do ? for the joke is them !

So to is the world under the same deceptions, for they can not see past there own deceptions, Only Christ Jesus can set one free from being under the curse of any whores ? whores are everywhere in business, many Presidents are whores, for they do not tell the truth, they live a total lie 24/7 in fact, they have to ! I have seen this in most Builders, why well because they are in competent and they surround themselves with the same numbskulls and when I point out what is wrong they go one the attack at me ? Funny that they don't say yes you are correct and that they will pass it on for others too pick up their game or even understand what that bubble is truly for on that stick. check your workmanship is true before you leave and don't have others spend hours repairing their brain dead attempt to pass themselves out as a Tradesman. Seriously if I asked for 10 gallons of fuel I would not be surprised if they would give one 7 gallons, such idiots ! I think that they must be on drugs as no one could be so stupid or pathetic !
I have noted that people who take Speed over the years are like that and adopt swallowing lefty shallowness because they now lack depth in what they do. They once were awake but now such is woke ? I think they call it.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 1:10-13 "I appeal to you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree and that there be no dissensions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment.11 For it has been reported to me that there is quarreling among you, my brethren.12 What I mean is that each one of you says, "I belong to Paul," or "I belong to Apollos," or "I belong to Cephas," or "I belong to Christ."13 Is Christ divided ?" RSV

Here's my $.02.

Paul is not saying that Cephas is below Paul in authority any more than he is saying that Christ is not above both of them. What Paul is saying is that if you accept any one, Christ , Peter, Paul, or Apollos, then you must accept all of the others. A person cannot rationalize a rejection of any one of them. Verse 13 means it's a test. A question. Of course, we all know that it is impossible to divide Christ. The theme of the Church being in a sense Christ-on-earth is all over the place in the NT. That's hard to explain with the Church being full of sinners and hypocrites.

Pope: "I am a sinner".
Good answer!

Much love!

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't know Dave Hunt and I don't care what he thinks. He's not the leader (or former leader) of any organization I claim. Of course you can't say the same about Benedict or Francis..... This thread is about the Pope, so who is deflecting, redirecting and trying to change the subject? My comments are again, about a lack of discernment when it comes to 'clinging' on to certain teachers or leaders because they have what -Likeability? Charisma? Positional Authority? None of that matters a lick.

Don't change the subject.
Details of "the subject" is in post #15, which you deflected from twice, and made no reply to it. You don't want to talk about the pope, you want to bash the pope.

If someone doesn’t like my (or anyone else’s) defenses of the pope (and to me the defenses are perfectly plausible and sensible), they can go and knock themselves out showing that they are invalid, point-by-point. But no one ever wants to do that, because that takes work and actual thinking, rather than the easy way out of the quick accusation, moaning and groaning, simply parroting the gossip of others, and furthering the false narrative about the Holy Father. Anything but actual rational analysis and interacting with different points of view.

My comments are again, about a lack of discernment when it comes to 'clinging' on to certain teachers or leaders because they have what -Likeability? Charisma? Positional Authority?
Pope Francis is a humble and holy man, and admits he is a sinner. But that is not good enough for people with an axe to grind.
Lack of discernment? Either you are grossly misinformed, or just another brain damaged anti-Catholic bigot. I'll give you the benefit of doubt and go with the former.

What is stupid is (for whoever does this) to not read a paragraph, to make any attempt to understand the basic point that the pope is making before lashing out at him in public, with many people making fools of themselves. That is STUPID: S, T, U, P, I, D. It is on the level of basic interpretation of words, and (far more tragically) in terms of spreading a scandal that is no scandal at all: making Catholics look totally ridiculous, as if we can’t read.

What I call “dumb and stupid” is this particular practice of not even reading properly, and then going out and saying asinine things about the Holy Father. It has to stop, and soon. If people don’t protest against it it will continue to get worse. It’s way out of hand already. The “rabbits” fiasco is perhaps the most ridiculous I’ve seen yet: in a long string of these ludicrous tempests in a teapot. The devil is laughing so hard over the stupidity of Catholics doing this again and again, that he must be crying and wetting his pants (if he wears them). It’s one of the most ingenious plots he has devised yet, to divide Catholics and make us look ridiculous to the world.

Last edited: