Very urgent message to all christian brothers and sisters who love our lord!!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lastsecman

Nov 8, 2006
'Men does not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceedth out of the mouth of God.'The word 'alone' in the sentence means that the spiritual foods of God's word (The Bible) are OF EQUAL IMPORTANCE to physical foods that we need to eat daily to maintain our well being!Just like eating our physical foods makes us happy and satisfied, so should eating our spiritual foods be like, we need to eat our spiritual foods (read our Bible) daily until our spirit becomes happy and satisfied.So reading and loving to read His Word is to LOVE God.And acting out His Word is to LOVE our neighbours.Yet the most important thing in life is still to feel God's love to you, through His forgiveness to you.

Kahtre

Nov 13, 2008
Amen! That is the power of the Holy Spirit, I heard that same thing at Church today. The bible is an important way for the Lord to speak to us, if we don't take that time with him, how can we get that relationship we long for? "My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips; when I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night-watches" (Psalm 63:5-6).When is my soul satisfied? When I keep the Lord in my thoughts, and meditate on his words.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(lastsecman;63902)
'Men does not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceedth out of the mouth of God.'...The way we do this is to let God guide you by helping you pick the pages, verses, and topics to read in the Bible until the thirst in your spirit becomes comforted and encouraged by God's word. Don't ever stop until that thirst in your spirit is quenched, until that answer you are looking for, the answer to the problem you are having trouble with today is found!! in the Bible!....
I do not disagree with the importance of reading Scripture.I am much more into a methodical approach to reading Scripture, reading it Book by book, chapter by chapter, because of the importance of structure in Scripture. The verses were written in context with each other and without the context you will potentially miss an important truth or you might mistake the subject of a verse. Remember that when Scripture was written it was not separated into numbered verses or chapters.

lastsecman

Nov 8, 2006
tongue.gif

lastsecman

Nov 8, 2006
So reading and loving to read His Word is to love God.And acting out His Word is to love our neighbours.