Victorian Earthquake 5.9 magnitude

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is rare to have earthquakes this big in Victoria, but a 6.0 happened about 20 minutes ago, it woke me up from my lockdown sleep, and a bit of rubble has been found in the city.

@Backlit @marksman would have felt it.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is rare to have earthquakes this big in Victoria, but a 6.0 happened about 20 minutes ago, it woke me up from my lockdown sleep, and a bit of rubble has been found in the city.

@Backlit @marksman would have felt it.

Reports of it being felt all the way to Central Coast NSW

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thought I was back home. Getting homesick now. Although geoservices Oz have downgraded to 4.0 . Be interesting to know if it's related to volcanic activity on Buller.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thought I was back home. Getting homesick now. Although geoservices Oz have downgraded to 4.0 . Be interesting to know if it's related to volcanic activity on Buller.

It was later reported that the 4.0 was an aftershock, after the main 5.8 magnitude earthquake

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Not too sure, but there haven't been 12 for a while now, not sure how many are remaining
@Josho This is why I wondered if the subterranean movement might have dislodged more of the rocks...

Along the coast someplace from the Twelve Apostles is I believe the bay where sitting Prime Minister of Australia Harold Holt disappeared without trace in 1967. Again, the forces of nature were thought to have had a lot to do with Mr. Holt's presumed fatal disappearance. Symbolically, though, Prime Minister Holt's arguable drift into the arms of an angry, Vietnam-era US Johnson Administration left a metaphorical subterranean lacuna in the affairs of Canberra.

Reactions: Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Was changed from 6.0 down to 5.8, now it has been revised up to 5.9 magnitude. And there has been 5 after shocks after the main earthquake so far.

Reactions: Truman

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Cristo Rei here is the thread, not too many reports of building damage.

Have not seen pictures of any other damage except for the Chapel Street building so far, biggest quake in 200 years for Victoria they reckon. And the biggest quake in Australia since 1997.

images

Reactions: Truman

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Miners near the epicentre have also been reported to be okay.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was later reported that the 4.0 was an aftershock, after the main 5.8 magnitude earthquake
Standard procedure In California, however amazing to see all the volcanic eruptions around the world, 73 million abortions in the world annually, God must be speaking

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Apparently it was felt in Tasmania too...

Now what can we blame... I know...
Climate Change...

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Standard procedure In California, however amazing to see all the volcanic eruptions around the world, 73 million abortions in the world annually, God must be speaking
he loves us but he sends earthquakes?.....hmmmmm

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Would you think this is where "it rains on the just and the unjust applies"?
Both Job and his friends thought it was God giving him a hard time. Job couldn't understand why and his friends blamed Job accusing him by implying he had concealed sins.
What we however know that Job and his friends didn't is that the afflictions were caused by Satan not God.

Today we see calamities and we assume that God is behind them.....that is how much we know what God is really like! .....even though we are familiar with Jesus.