Video Games

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone like video games? I am into the retro stuff like SNES and Playstation portable (PSP). I haven't got any favorites yet on the SNES but on the PSP I love the Grand Theft Auto Vice City and Liberty Stories though I don't play as meant I just get on a motorcycle and zoom around :)

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I very much enjoy gaming!

Like everything else, it needs to be done in moderation and you remain the master, but it can be a very fun time! I'm personally most into PC RPG and sandbox/survivals.

Reactions: Josho and historyb

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I very much enjoy gaming!

Like everything else, it needs to be done in moderation and you remain the master, but it can be a very fun time! I'm personally most into PC RPG and sandbox/survivals.

Speaking of survival games, I have Stranded Deep on Steam, Lolz swimming in the ocean in that game is so dangerous.

Reactions: historyb

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking of survival games, I have Stranded Deep on Steam, Lolz swimming in the ocean in that game is so dangerous.
Haha.

Reminds me of Subnautica. Though my current favorite survival is "Seven Days to Die"

Reactions: Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Anyone like video games? I am into the retro stuff like SNES and Playstation portable (PSP). I haven't got any favorites yet on the SNES but on the PSP I love the Grand Theft Auto Vice City and Liberty Stories though I don't play as meant I just get on a motorcycle and zoom around :)

I got Jak & Daxter Precursor Legacy from the online PlayStation store on my ps3.

I haven't been doing that much gaming in the last week or 2 though. But PC and DS are the main systems I play at the moment. I am limited to what I can play though on my laptop, since it's about 6-7 years old, and is "an ordinary laptop" which I probably have used a bit much for gaming. Lolz.

I have been liking older games and 2d side scrollers lately though, my Laptop limitations don't bother me much, and I can still play Mount & Blade Warband, can play cod WaW, I also like driving around in Burnout Paradise as for 2d side scrollers I have Megaman collection 1-6, 20XX, I also found a F2P game called "Starbreak" that's a really challenging side scroller platformer though.

If you want a 2d game that has a really good story though I recommend Valiant Hearts: Great War.

As for DS I have had to build up my collection again, but recently have been playing DK King of Swing, it's an interesting spin on Donkey Kong, hopefully my L and R buttons hold up though, my R button can be unresponsive if not pressed right. And I also have the DS sequel for it. I also have Yoshi's Island DS, Metroid Prime Hunters and Megaman Starforce Dragon (which is kind of like Megaman Battle Network, basically a Megaman game in RPG style)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I used to enjoy some gaming. I nearly formed a racing league during the PS3 days running Formula GTs in Gran Turismo. That was fun. You had to have a really good set up to drive that car on certain tracks or you'd end up in the wall, especially in traffic. But it was fun. Had a lot of friends who were my age and older back then, so it wasn't really a "kids game," despite being on console.

I still enjoy a few strategy games now and then, but I haven't really gotten into anything heavy since Civilization Revolution.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I used to enjoy some gaming. I nearly formed a racing league during the PS3 days running Formula GTs in Gran Turismo. That was fun. You had to have a really good set up to drive that car on certain tracks or you'd end up in the wall, especially in traffic. But it was fun. Had a lot of friends who were my age and older back then, so it wasn't really a "kids game," despite being on console.

I still enjoy a few strategy games now and then, but I haven't really gotten into anything heavy since Civilization Revolution.

I am not good at strategy games against real players, Lolz some of those players have been gaming regularly since the original Starcraft was released and they are machine guns at click-drag-clickity-click-click, you get the idea, before you set up base, they are already attacking. :p

I got a digital collection of C&C though.

I used to play the original Gran Turismo on PS1 and it was so easy to get the car to spin out, that was one of the hardest racing games Imo. :D

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got a digital collection of C&C though.

C & C had a decent AI. That was the thing with me, too. Not much for player vs. player. Too much waiting, although there was a strategy game on PS3 called Natural Doctrine that I got into early on, and it rewarded you with better units for experience. I couldn't help but rise to the top 10 in nearly every category. I was Top 2 in player v. player when I quit.

But it was different. You could literally wipe an opponent off the map in one or two turns if they didn't know what they were doing.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am glad I'm not the only one that doesn't like player vs. player, I always like to play alone. I thought I was wired that way :) I use Retropie on the Raspberry pi and an emulator on my Computer. I like the C&C series (Command and conquer, right?). I also like Warzone 2100 which is very much like C&C and 0 A.D. which is like the total war series (another one I really like I own several Total War games on steam)

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am glad I'm not the only one that doesn't like player vs. player, I always like to play alone. I thought I was wired that way :) I use Retropie on the Raspberry pi and an emulator on my Computer. I like the C&C series (Command and conquer, right?). I also like Warzone 2100 which is very much like C&C and 0 A.D. which is like the total war series (another one I really like I own several Total War games on steam)
I HATE pvp. For Total War, it’s great fighting alongside each other.

Reactions: historyb

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I don't mind pvp on some games, not as much on newer ones though, mainly due to the introduction of the mic, haha.

I don't like hearing profanities. Games like CSGO, sure it has some good gameplay for an FPS, but the community on it can be toxic.

In older fps games though, there used to be servers with rules against swearing, even though some of those servers have dissappeared, I still find on the older fps games there's a more mature respectful community anyway.

Reactions: shortangel

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I still play world of warcraft sometimes, it's been a while though, I've been too busy with other stuff.

Reactions: Josho

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That game has been around for a long time. My cousin used to play it, I am not sure whether if he still does. :p

I started playing it when I lived in California and my nephews all lived in a different state, thousands of miles away. It was a way for us to connect and spend some time together. It was fun.

Reactions: historyb and Josho