Waht is love?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

arunangelo

Aug 22, 2009
Omaha
surrendersacrifice.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love is not a feeling or emotion; it is a person; and that person is Jesus (John 4:8). To love, therefore, is to put on Jesus-that is to do and think as Jesus did. He did not condemn us, did not feel sorry for himself when he carried his cross and hung on it to die; instead he was concerned about the sufferings our sins would bring us. Furthermore, he compensated for our offenses we committed against him; and prayed for us so that his joy may be ours. We may find it extremely hard to do what he did. However, if we love him we should do it out of pure love for him, and out of obedience to his command. We must therefore, swallow our own pride and pray for those who hurt us and do good deeds for them. Then his Spirit working in us will heal our heart and we will be able to love those we hate and restore broken relationship. This will turn our bitterness and self-pity into love, hope and joy. A simple prayer we can pray for those we hate or those who hate us, is, “Come Lord Jesus, fill (name of the person) with your Holy Spirit and kindle in him/her the Father’s love”. We can also say the same prayer for our self.

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
Love is not a feeling or emotion; it is a person; and that person is Jesus (John 4:8). To love, therefore, is to put on Jesus-that is to do and think as Jesus did. He did not condemn us, did not feel sorry for himself when he carried his cross and hung on it to die; instead he was concerned about the sufferings our sins would bring us. Furthermore, he compensated for our offenses we committed against him; and prayed for us so that his joy may be ours. We may find it extremely hard to do what he did. However, if we love him we should do it out of pure love for him, and out of obedience to his command. We must therefore, swallow our own pride and pray for those who hurt us and do good deeds for them. Then his Spirit working in us will heal our heart and we will be able to love those we hate and restore broken relationship. This will turn our bitterness and self-pity into love, hope and joy. A simple prayer we can pray for those we hate or those who hate us, is, “Come Lord Jesus, fill (name of the person) with your Holy Spirit and kindle in him/her the Father’s love”. We can also say the same prayer for our self.

Nice post. I do pray every day for the souls of my fellow man that we all be fully repentant and poured out so that Jesus Himself can be poured in! Forgive us all our silly sins Lord, fill us all with your Resurrected and Glorified Holy Spirit, Come Lord Jesus! Fill our Temple bodies with yourself, makes us all One in you even as you are One O Lord God of Israel, King of Kings Lord of Lords. Praise your Name Forever Jesus!

mark s

Nov 12, 2010
And I too add my AMEN!

I would add . . . learn of Jesus' love and grace for you. As you come to know how much He loves you, how He has so freely forgiven you, has so completely accepted you, reconciled you, and has committed Himself to your wellbeing, this can't help but spill over in love for those who have wronged you, forgiving those who have hurt you, helping those who hate you, as tirelessly and joyfully as God is with you.

Love in Christ,
Mark