Wait for it! Wait for it!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
“Wait for it! Wait for it!”
Isaiah 43:19 NLT
For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.

This Scripture came through my email this morning from Air1 Radio. It is a very timely passage as we have just ended 2022 and begun 2023. As I read this passage, the phrase that came to mind was “Wait for it! Wait for it!” I’m sure we are all very familiar with this phrase as we’ve heard it in movies, tv shows, sporting events and from people we know.

When we hear this phrase, we know something is just about to happen that will often surprise us. Maybe it will be a good surprise, while other times not so much. It’s funny sometimes to hear people say this phrase because the whole crowd nearby knows exactly what is going to happen. When we or others bring this up, it’s usually some action or event that will happen within moments. We then wait with anticipation to see what will occur!

While many of these moments happen quickly, there are some things we are waiting for in life that don’t come as quickly as we’d like or don’t seem to come at all. We tend to wait a lot for things to happen in our lives. As we have closed out 2022, many of us may still be waiting for things to happen that we’ve been waiting so long and hope for.

Waiting for a spouse to come back home.
Waiting for a child to be healed.
Waiting for that promotion at our job to come through.
Waiting for the diagnosis from the doctor.
Waiting for a troubled teen to make a turn for the better.
Waiting for funds to get out of debt.

The list could go on and on. Often, it’s easy to get overwhelmed and feel defeated by these moments we are waiting for. Isaiah’s words here are so very powerful! It’s like a slap across the face, so to speak. It’s like a splash of water in the face that startles us! Sometimes, we need to snap out of our mode and wake up to the fact that God is always working! Yeah, things may not be happening as we’d hoped or wanted, but that doesn’t mean He’s not working.

I have to admit that I have a bad habit of getting in a crabby mood and looking at things negatively. I do this way more often than I would like to admit. My wife has put up with me for almost 19 years and does a wonderful job of “waking me up” to realize that God is in control and that He’s doing great things. I just need to get my focus back on track.

We all need to wait for it and anticipate the great things God has in store this year for us! He is working and we need to open our eyes to see it!

Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Waiting for loved ones to come to Jesus.

Reactions: Nancy