Waiting for Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

biotheist

Dec 28, 2016
If Jesus is the only one who can restore the earth back to it's original state and fix all our worldly problems, does this mean all our efforts are in vain. If we need Jesus to fix the larger picture, then are we just passing through until he returns?

Now realize what this means

1. Spreading the Gospel can't fix our mortal issues.

2. The longer Jesus takes to return, the longer we will live in chaos.

3. Evil can't be delt with completely while Jesus is away.

4. Jesus comforter (The holy spirit) can't restore this universe until Jesus returns.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
biotheist said:
If Jesus is the only one who can restore the earth back to it's original state and fix all our worldly problems, does this mean all our efforts are in vain. If we need Jesus to fix the larger picture, then are we just passing through until he returns?

4. Jesus comforter (The holy spirit) can't restore this universe until Jesus returns.
The purpose of the gospel isn't just to fix our mortal issues or to do away with evil, the purpose of the gospel is to save your soul from judgement day and from getting tossed into the lake of fire. And the Bible doesn't say that this universe will be restored, this universe and the sin that goes with it will be destroyed. You as an individual, won't even remember this world in the new heaven and earth, only whatever God deems to be 'good'.

(Isaiah 65:16-19) "That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes. {17} ¶ For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. {18} But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy. {19} And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying."

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And that is teh problem. all we do is futility and will all be destoyed, all ths inew tech, all our fancy buildings God has no need for it and we wont hwne He returns, Its all wasted effort.

biotheist

Dec 28, 2016
Dcopymope said:
The purpose of the gospel isn't just to fix our mortal issues or to do away with evil, the purpose of the gospel is to save your soul from judgement day and from getting tossed into the lake of fire. And the Bible doesn't say that this universe will be restored, this universe and the sin that goes with it will be destroyed. You as an individual, won't even remember this world in the new heaven and earth, only whatever God deems to be 'good'.
Are you sure I won't remember, :S

biotheist

Dec 28, 2016
mjrhealth said:
And that is teh problem. all we do is futility and will all be destoyed, all ths inew tech, all our fancy buildings God has no need for it and we wont hwne He returns, Its all wasted effort.
Buildings are pretty fancy, I'll give you that.

Nov 3, 2012
Portugal
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
biotheist said:

Yes you hit the nail on the head, in vain the the aspect of trying to restore the world. Just to show us that no matter how hard we try we can't do what only God can do because we are not Him. This should make us drop our jaw in awe really.

But when we do good works which we are commanded to do, God receives glory from the praises and recognition that he was the authour/inspiriation for such works.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
biotheist said:
Are you sure I won't remember, :S
Its not about whether or not I'm sure, God stated that he is sure that you won't remember this world, and that's all that should matter to you. I can say with absolute certainty based on the entirety of scripture from beginning to end that we won't even know what sin is, because sin, like this current heaven and earth, will be a former thing we won't remember. When it says that Adam and Eve didn't know the difference between "good" and "evil" before they ate from the tree, its basically saying that sin itself was a foreign concept to them. This is why those who are saved by the blood atonement of Jesus are compared to the innocence of a child. You are made blameless in the eyes of the Lord. "Good" and "evil" are foreign concepts to a child as well. This is what it means to be innocent in the eyes of God, and it will pretty much be the same by all accounts in the new heaven and earth, for he will also "remember your sins no more" as the prophet Jeremiah once stated.

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
biotheist said:

how little you all seem to understand. of course it all matters. first understand that had adam and eve not sinned then yes everything would be meaningless but since they did sin, we are all headed for hell. the bible teaches that all have sinned. so the reason the gospel being spread is important is so we can be saved from going to hell. also the bible tells us that once everyone has heard the gospel that is the time of Jesus' return. so the sooner we get off our butts and get out and tell everyone we see about Jesus the sooner Jesus can come. if one person went out and found one person and discipled that person for 6 months and then those 2 went out and discipled 2 more and ect then we could have this whole world discipled in 16 years. that is if we started at 1 person. christianity is supposedly at around 2 billion people atm so if everyone went out and discipled just 2 people each then the gospel would be spread to everyone within a year. 3rd point is that the bible tells us that we have everything we need to be protected from the evil one. so according to scripture there is nothing evil can do to us if we only follow what the Word of God says. thus it is our choice to choose how much evil we are each going to allow. 4th point according to scripture christians are told to make this earth look like heaven. so theoretically it is possible to accomplish.

i challenge you to look up the scriptures. can you find them in the bible?

God bless

biotheist

Dec 28, 2016
7angels said:
how little you all seem to understand. of course it all matters. first understand that had adam and eve not sinned then yes everything would be meaningless but since they did sin, we are all headed for hell. the bible teaches that all have sinned. so the reason the gospel being spread is important is so we can be saved from going to hell. also the bible tells us that once everyone has heard the gospel that is the time of Jesus' return. so the sooner we get off our butts and get out and tell everyone we see about Jesus the sooner Jesus can come. if one person went out and found one person and discipled that person for 6 months and then those 2 went out and discipled 2 more and ect then we could have this whole world discipled in 16 years. that is if we started at 1 person. christianity is supposedly at around 2 billion people atm so if everyone went out and discipled just 2 people each then the gospel would be spread to everyone within a year. 3rd point is that the bible tells us that we have everything we need to be protected from the evil one. so according to scripture there is nothing evil can do to us if we only follow what the Word of God says. thus it is our choice to choose how much evil we are each going to allow. 4th point according to scripture christians are told to make this earth look like heaven. so theoretically it is possible to accomplish.

i challenge you to look up the scriptures. can you find them in the bible?

God bless
I loved everything you said, you see my OP was coming from a worldly point of view. I have many more worldly view's to be extinguished.

By you I hope.

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
biotheist said:

Jesus taught his disciples the Lord's Prayer (Matt 6:9, 10, as Jesus said: "Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified, Let your Kingdom come. Let your will take place , as in heaven, also on the earth"), that establishes that the sanctification (or made holy, "hallow", King James Bible) of God's name of Jehovah is of supreme importance and this will be accomplished by means of God's Kingdom, so that God's original purpose for a paradise earth with "meek" ones on it forever be fulfilled.(Gen 1:28)

Hence, the need to make known "this good news of the Kingdom.....in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations".(Matt 24:14) True Christians carefully follow Jesus words to dispense and teach "truths" about God's Kingdom, for he said just before he ascended to heaven: "Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them.......teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you".(Matt 28:19, 20)

To do this global work requires "a people" that will stringently adhere to Jesus words and conduct with action instead of just hollow words (see Jesus words at Luke 6:46, whereby he says: "Why, then, do you call me ' Lord ! Lord ! ' but do not do the things I say ?"), for Jesus has "cleanse(d) for himself a people who are his own special possession, zealous for fine works".(Titus 2:14)

How many "Christian" organizations have followed in Jesus "footsteps" (1 Pet 2:21), "cleansed (of unclean conduct, practices and religious falsehoods)......zealous for fine works", and made a monumental effort to reach people all around the earth with "the good news of the Kingdom" ? I know only of one.

Teaching people to change their personality to that which imitates Jesus requires a skillful teacher, to "strip off the old personality with its (unclean) practices and clothe (themselves) with the new personality, which through accurate knowledge (not watered down so call "truths") is being made new according to the image of the One (Jehovah God) who created it".(Col 3:9, 10)

Jesus established that the vast majority of those who profess to be his followers are indeed not so, but are imitation Christians. In answer to the question: "Lord, are those being saved few ?", Jesus responded: "Exert yourselves vigorously (literally "to agonize") to get through the narrow door (requiring considerable effort to imitate Jesus personality), because many, I tell you, will seek to get in but will not be able".(Luke 13:23, 24)

Thence, in the near future when Jesus returns, "the second time that he appears it will be apart from sin, and he will be seen (discerned mentally) by those earnestly looking for him for their salvation".(Heb 9:28; see also Luke 21:25-28) At that time, those who are not his genuine disciples, but counterfeit ones, will be judged as "goats" for destruction along with the rest of the "world". Only those who ' observed all the things that Jesus commanded ' will be judged as "sheep" for life.(Matt 25:31-33)

The apostle Paul laid it out very succinctly, quoting Joel 2:32: "For with the heart one exercises faith for righteousness, but with the mouth one makes public declaration for salvation.....For "everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved".(Rom 10:10, 13)