• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Book of Revelation describes a war in Heaven between Michael and the dragon. Is this description just a myth – a fantasy story created to explain the fight between good and evil? Doesn’t science disprove mythological tales of battles in space?

Not a myth.

Nor has it happened yet.

Shouldn't just pull out one verse in God's Word and apply it any ole' way one desires. The Revelation 12:7 event includes other events associated with it which gives the timeframe for that to occur at the end of this world.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Science would disprove Christ could come back as well. It will be the Second Coming that disproves the science of the heavens.

12 Then I watched as he broke the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake, the sun turned black as sackcloth worn in mourning, and the full moon became blood-red.
13 The stars fell from heaven to earth just as a fig tree drops its figs when shaken by a strong wind.
14 The sky receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved from its place.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not a myth.

Nor has it happened yet.

Shouldn't just pull out one verse in God's Word and apply it any ole' way one desires. The Revelation 12:7 event includes other events associated with it which gives the timeframe for that to occur at the end of this world.

Daniel 9:26b tells us that it has been going on for at least 2,000 year and will end when Isaiah 24:21-22 occurs. The Isaiah 24:21-22 is pointing to when the nations are assembled at Armageddon to be judged for their trampling of the Sanctuary Of God and His Earthly Hosts after which all of Israel will be saved.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Book of Revelation describes a war in Heaven between Michael and the dragon. Is this description just a myth – a fantasy story created to explain the fight between good and evil? Doesn’t science disprove mythological tales of battles in space?

War in Heaven: Myth or Fact?
You may benefit greatly in you query if you were to read Zecharia Sitchin's The 12th Planet
The 12th Planet : Sitchin, Zecharia : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There are 3 heavens...which heaven?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi RaET, and welcome to the boards!
"Doesn’t science disprove mythological tales of battles in space?"

I'd say, there is nothing TO prove from science as myths are just that, myth's, fairytales!
As the years go by, I believe more and more that this is not a future, or a past (in time) event but...is happening as we speak! Science could never prove ANYTHING spiritually discerned as, they deal with "matter". So, We can certainly see the fallout I think, of this raging war in the "heavens" her on earth.
I know there are several ways some take this meaning as being, like...happened a long time ago, or, it hasn't happened yet, or even a dual purpose, meaning that Satan and Michael and the rest of the gang. Or that, Satan and his demon angels were put out of the HIGHEST heaven, where God resides? Satan is named as "The Prince of the Power of The Air"..... Atmosphere? Dunno but, we can count on the fact that Satan is still alive and well (somewhere) to do us all harm, if he can.
God Bless and be safe from the fiery arrows of the enemy~!!!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi RaET, and welcome to the boards!
"Doesn’t science disprove mythological tales of battles in space?"

I'd say, there is nothing TO prove from science as myths are just that, myth's, fairytales!
As the years go by, I believe more and more that this is not a future, or a past (in time) event but...is happening as we speak! Science could never prove ANYTHING spiritually discerned as, they deal with "matter". So, We can certainly see the fallout I think, of this raging war in the "heavens" her on earth.
I know there are several ways some take this meaning as being, like...happened a long time ago, or, it hasn't happened yet, or even a dual purpose, meaning that Satan and Michael and the rest of the gang. Or that, Satan and his demon angels were put out of the HIGHEST heaven, where God resides? Satan is named as "The Prince of the Power of The Air"..... Atmosphere? Dunno but, we can count on the fact that Satan is still alive and well (somewhere) to do us all harm, if he can.
God Bless and be safe from the fiery arrows of the enemy~!!!
Glory to God! I don't know if you remember that I shared that the Holy Spirit spoke to me and said Patty, past, present and future co-exist....now I had to meditate on that for awhile and find it in scripture to make sure I was hearing correctly....well today I got confirmation! Listen to this guy...and he mentions time, space and matter....

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel 9:26b tells us that it has been going on for at least 2,000 year and will end when Isaiah 24:21-22 occurs. The Isaiah 24:21-22 is pointing to when the nations are assembled at Armageddon to be judged for their trampling of the Sanctuary Of God and His Earthly Hosts after which all of Israel will be saved.

The Book of Daniel parallel to the Revelation 12:7-9 event is this...

Dan 12:1
12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
KJV

Rev 12:7-12
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

KJV

That "short time" of the devil's wrath upon God's people is set for the end, for the "great tribulation" timing Lord Jesus warned His Church about. This is why the last Revelation 12:17 verse shows the devil will be going after those in Christ Jesus.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glory to God! I don't know if you remember that I shared that the Holy Spirit spoke to me and said Patty, past, present and future co-exist....now I had to meditate on that for awhile and find it in scripture to make sure I was hearing correctly....well today I got confirmation! Listen to this guy...and he mentions time, space and matter....

Hi Patty!
I am only just now seeing this post! I will look at the video now...

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Wow, that is interesting...I haven't finished it as, there are so many posts I have not looked at but it is saved in my YouTube. It's funny that we, who live in "time" want to put God on our timeline. I will be finishing the video soon...have interruptions :eek:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Awesome Patty!
Don't you just love the concept of time vs eternity past and eternity future?? Thanks for sharing. Is Sid Roth on late nights? I might just subscribe to his show...
xo

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Awesome Patty!
Don't you just love the concept of time vs eternity past and eternity future?? Thanks for sharing. Is Sid Roth on late nights? I might just subscribe to his show...
xo
Yes I think he is. I like most of his guests...there are some I don't care for but most of them have awesome testimonies to share.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I think he is. I like most of his guests...there are some I don't care for but most of them have awesome testimonies to share.

Have you ever watched the John Ankerberg show? I also like some guests and others, not so much. He does tend to be somewhat biased though but, have enjoyed some of his stuff.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever watched the John Ankerberg show? I also like some guests and others, not so much. He does tend to be somewhat biased though but, have enjoyed some of his stuff.
No I haven't heard of him. I will check it our.

Reactions: Nancy