War: what should we do?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's yet another ethical dilemma, we know "Thou shalt not kill", "Love your enemies", and "blessed are the peacemakers", so are we supposed to just lay down and let our foes walk all over us, as would have happened with the Nazis and Japanese?
And regarding Nam, should draftees have refused pointblank to go?

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's yet another ethical dilemma, we know "Thou shalt not kill", "Love your enemies", and "blessed are the peacemakers", so are we supposed to just lay down and let our foes walk all over us, as would have happened with the Nazis and Japanese?
Should we be looking for a black and white rule that always applies to every man or should we be seeking and following God's will for "me" as Jesus did?

The cup which Jesus was to drink, he did drink. He did suffer persecution and truly lay down his physical life, allowing men to kill him.

What is my cup or your cup? Shall we not drink it... whatever it is according to God?

I am a Viet Nam veteran. I never killed anyone.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Father was in Viet Nam. He never fired a weapon. My Grandfather was at Iwo Jima and Guadalcanal. He was shot at every day. The United States gave away Viet Nam after the Tet Offensive. 50,000 North Viet Cong were killed, the war was over, until Walter Cronkite declared "We have lost the war." Historically we have discovered that the media once again changed a war. Politicians folded and we as a nation folded. My Dad always said "Politicians start wars, once started, they need to get out of the way and let us do our job. Killing and destroying things. Ties are not in the best interest of the country."

My senior year of High School, I am on the last draft that covered several years. My number dictated that I would be drafted unless we formerly declared war. It was the same year the movie Woodstock was released. We were based in Tokyo. The football team decided we were going to protest. Not the thing to do on a military base overseas. We had already seen several classmates got to Viet Nam and never come back. We had several more in that class that would not come back. As a group we got together and decided . .... Jimi Hendrix plays his version of the National Anthem during the movie. We chose to stand in mass as a means of protest. Our fathers were informed and they chose to be there in support.

Far East command issued an order after reviewing the movie. "If anyone stands during the Jimi Hendrix rendition of the National Anthem, the movie will stop, the house lights turned on and everyone involved ushered out of the theater." What everyone overlooked was my Tight End and back up QB were the sons of the Base Commander at our base. When we entered the theater all of our fathers were already seated on the back row. Including the Colonel. The team sat together during the first showing. Jimi started and we rose in mass. Movie stopped and we were ushered out. My Dad gave me a smile and a thumbs up, because we did exactly as we said we would. Stand to make our protest, then walk out peacefully. We immediately went back to the line, found our girlfriends and got our tickets to the second show. So, I am one of few that was kicked out for standing for the national anthem.

I played Industrial baseball with the Special Services Manager of the theater. Stan asked when I came back in ..."No antics this time?" "We made our protest, we want to see the entire movie, no protests."

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My kingdom is not of this world , so my warfare aint of it either , nor are my weapons .
Our weapons are SPIRITUAL . SPIRITUAL . The devil is convincing folks to stand up and fight for the kingdoms of this world
As for me , MY KINGDOM aint here , my home aint here . The world is gonna do as the world is gonna do
lambs , however , are gonna do as JESUS said to do .

LearningToLetGo

Jun 13, 2022
Western Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have the right to lay down my life for what I believe but do I have the right to lay down your life? That's the ethical dilemma. In the case of war if I do nothing then I may well die, but then again so may you. Do I have the right to decide not to fight (assuming I am able) when you do not (also assuming you are not able)? Perhaps a better example is men, young and old; women, young and old; and children. Do societies' young men have the right to refuse to fight if it means sacrificing not only their own lives but the lives of the elderly, the young, and the infirm? (assuming, of course, an all-or-nothing sort of conflict as seen in WWII Europe).

Reactions: Taken and Dropship

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Japs were full on provoked to War with USA in Pearl Harbor the Pacific Fleet Grand Admiral said they were coming, he knew well the Japs ate of War and culture and when the President of the USA said to him to leave the Fleet as dead ducks in Pearl Harbor etc The Grand Admiral refused point blank because he well knew what would happen for sure, so the USA President sacked him on the spot.
The attack on Pearl Harbor was planed so the President could go and kick off the USA into WW2. They were sacrificed as FDR sat back laughing.

The Nazis were threatened with War, 3 years before the start of WW2 by W Churchill when he demanded that Germany will get War wether she likes it of not. The UK only had to find a way to kick it off claiming Hitler to be the monster, the Truth about the Poland story is not a totally informed one, for they do not like to expose the whole story as to Poland. not to mention they used Poland to promote their War and then tossed Poland to the sharks in fact and Half of Germany and the rest and claimed to of won the War ?

The whole WW2 was in fact a total disaster ! a stupid Moronic War that never should of got off the ground. It was all a Game play that a hand full of very Rich people wanted played out, as they laughed about the idiots killing each other.

It's shocking to see that one is lead to kill another person like that, but that is this world that is under Deceptions and Delusions as Jesus informed us is a fact.

Satanist and their Communist etc can be dealt with much more so effectively if one has a true handle on Christ Jesus. but sadly it's the workings of this world that undermines all that. The Churches have failed in fact and drove the people away from Christ Jesus.

I think Nam was ok War to keep the Communist at bay but criminal intent was also in that War as it is in all Wars. I would not spit on such defence people but spit on all them who spat on them, but that was all created by the great Whore MSM. it was the MSM who played all them cards on our people, creating all such nonsense.

People who spate on people who were drafted ! that's insane ? what if they themselves were drafted ! what total morons ! The Media worked up the morons to spit on the poor people who had gone through all that hell and then after the War them poor people were treated so badly, that it is the MSM who are responsible for all that idiot hostility towards them defence people. It was so rude ! I am so embarrassed but such shows how Mob rule works when whipped up by the MSM spin doctors and their Satanic mates. They had to deface the average Solder ! but they were not the bad ones at all. so why did they do such ? to divert attention away from the real deal Scumbag intents.

Let alone who was it that warned the Communist of all the USA attacks beforehand all the time, so as to drag the war on and on, NATO was it or UN ?

Not to mention WW2 was dragged out 2 years more that it should of or could of been ended easy 2 years before. but they did not want to do that ! so they 'up top' drag the wars out only for their own ends.

All Wars are not so straight forward as what the MSM or Governments will let on. They peddle a story line that they want to play with. because if the majority were totally informed, they would not get their wars off the ground.
Only total depraved morons wish for war and they have something big in it to gain in doing so.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's yet another ethical dilemma, we know "Thou shalt not kill", "Love your enemies", and "blessed are the peacemakers", so are we supposed to just lay down and let our foes walk all over us, as would have happened with the Nazis and Japanese? And regarding Nam, should draftees have refused pointblank to go?
To answer your question:

1. Not a single war has ever resolved anything (and this goes back to earliest times). So millions of men have really died for nothing. Think of the Charge of the Light Brigade.

2. Nazi totalitarianism is now being implemented by the WEF, the UN, EU, and WHO as well as all Western governments. COVID-Nazis were no different than the SS. And no one said a "boo". Nazi doctor Mengele was no different than COVID-Nazi Fauci, and neither of them was hung for crimes against humanity. "In the guise of medical “treatment,” Mengele injected, or ordered others to inject, thousands of inmates with everything from petrol to chloroform to study the chemicals’ effects. Among other atrocities, he plucked out the eyes of corpses to study eye pigmentation, and conducted numerous gruesome studies of twins." This was no different than the use of lethal and toxic COVID "vaccines" which have killed and maimed millions. Plus more PLANDEMICS are in the works.

3. While the West rightly opposed the Nazis in WWII, it also handed over huge territories to the equally evil Communists under Stalin. That literally enslaved millions of innocents. So one thing cancelled out the other and the Cold War came into existence.

4. After the fall of the Soviet Union, NATO did nothing to set up a proper line of defense West and South of Russia. So Russia grabbed territory after territory while the West stood by. Now Ukraine will be grabbed by Russia and NATO will simply stand by.

5. American governments have failed over and over again to bring wars to a satisfactory conclusion. So for all intents and purposes, they simply play war games, while soldiers shed their blood for nothing. Korea, Viet Nam, Iraq, Afghanistan were all defeats, not victories. And the generals are generally useless, but not one of them has been court martialed.

6. Under Obama and Biden, Iran is being deliberately encouraged to remain a rogue state and work against Israel and the world. Billions have been paid to the ayatollahs to keep funding terrorism and increase their nuclear capability. But Israel will not stand for this treachery, and sooner or later they will bomb the ayatollahs to Shia Muslim paradise.

7. The war in Ukraine was totally unnecessary. Had there been a "real" US president with guts, he would have simply sat down with Putin over a glass of vodka and told him that the minute he made a move to grab Ukraine, the Kremlin would be totally demolished, and Putin would be vaporized. That is the only language Putin understands. That is also the only language which the Russian bear understands.

8. Christians should simply refuse to become a part of the Western "war machine" since the Western governments now hate freedom and democracy and wish to enslave their citizens. Add to that the fact that Wokeism and Black Racism (Critical Race Theory) are being fed to the troops, while they purge out Christians and conservatives from their ranks. The black Secretary of Defense has publicly stated that he will defy the law of the land, and pay for abortions out of tax dollars. So when you have a lawless president, and lawless secretaries in all government departments, you simply have a Banana Republic. And Canada is already under Communist control.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not a single war has ever resolved anything
Depends what is trying to be solved? America gained independance through war and retained its unified state by war.

Nazi totalitarianism is now being implemented by the WEF, the UN, EU, and WHO as well as all Western governments.
A war will only solve that generations problem.
Following the American civil war it was up to the politians of the folowing generations to politically unite America.

War is politics by another means for the Christian we have to decide whether those political methods are woth our support long before guns are involved.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Depends what is trying to be solved? America gained independence through war and retained its unified state by war.
While the war for independence clearly led to a positive outcome (perhaps the only war to do so), the same cannot be said for the war between the North and the South. An unnecessary war if ever there was one. And it did not unify Americans in the least. We see the results all around us.

Reactions: Dropship

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"The target marker flares looked quite pretty floating slowly down in the night sky" my mother told me about the time the Luftwaffe bombed her home town of Leicester (England) in 1940 when she was 18.
She and her family escaped without a scratch but others weren't so lucky-

luft-leic.jpg

Hitler was also building an 'Amerikabomber' and the atomic bomb to dish it out across the pond-
war-Amerik-book.jpg
war-Amerik-atom2.jpg

So the Allies did D-Day to go settle his hash once and for all..

war-Ger-Surrend-Gery45.jpg

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..I am a Viet Nam veteran. I never killed anyone.

Glad you came through it mate..:)
"The American military was not defeated in Vietnam. The American military did not lose a battle of any consequence. From a military standpoint, it was almost an unprecedented performance"- Prof. Douglas Pike, University of California, Berkeley

Us troops near Da Nang, 1965-

nam-daNang1965.jpg

Waffling politicians lost the war, not the troops in the field..:)

war-Westmoreland.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..A war will only solve that generations problem.
Following the American civil war it was up to the politians of the folowing generations to politically unite America.

Speaking of the ACW, when the South announced it was leaving the Union, why didn't Lincoln simply say "Okay", instead of starting a war?

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..While the West rightly opposed the Nazis in WWII, it also handed over huge territories to the equally evil Communists under Stalin. That literally enslaved millions of innocents. So one thing cancelled out the other and the Cold War came into existence.

After VE day Patton, (rightly or wrongly?), wanted to carry on to kick the Russkis out of Europe, but the US politicians said "No".
"I would have you tell the Red Army where their border is, and give them a limited time to get back across.
Warn them that if they fail to do so, we will push them back across it." (Gen. George Patton)

After all, America had nukes as a powerful bargaining chip but Russia hadn't.

Last edited:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Food for thought-
Regarding "Blessed are the peacemakers", Eisenhower said "We shall have peace even if we have to fight for it"

Ike and a wrecked German King Tiger tank in Normandy-
Eisenhower-tank.jpg

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In WW2 Australia was happily minding its own business until the Japs made unprovoked air raids on Darwin, so (rightly or wrongly?) the Aussies mobilised-
"Australian troops had, at Milne Bay, inflicted on the Japanese their first undoubted defeat on land. Some of us may forget that, of all the Allies, it was the Australians who first broke the invincibility of the Japanese army"- Fld Marshall William Slim

Aussies coming ashore-
Aussies-Brunei-Jun45.jpg

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have the right to lay down my life for what I believe but do I have the right to lay down your life? That's the ethical dilemma. In the case of war if I do nothing then I may well die, but then again so may you. Do I have the right to decide not to fight (assuming I am able) when you do not (also assuming you are not able)? Perhaps a better example is men, young and old; women, young and old; and children. Do societies' young men have the right to refuse to fight if it means sacrificing not only their own lives but the lives of the elderly, the young, and the infirm? (assuming, of course, an all-or-nothing sort of conflict as seen in WWII Europe).

BINGO!

~ “kings” of the world, “hide in behind walls, in their bunkers, their compound estates, behind armed guards and high powered guns, ammo, weapons; in Luxury Comfort, elaborate clothing, fine wine, elegant dining, fats cigars, jokes and laughter of How Elite THEY are, and WHO shall be out front, dispensable, BECAUSE “THEY” said so.
Disgusting.

~ pseudo pretense, “THEY” police and rule the world, “while THEY”, ignore their Duty, (but rather instigate), Division among their own Nation, they were seated TO SERVE, BY the Rule of Law, (NOT their fanciful whims and greed.)

Surprise coming soon. Men are Servants. God is Ruler.

Reactions: amadeus

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember..early 1970's.
- 'Draft Lottery' days.
- Kent State Shootings (1970).
---
I watched the evening news to get..my 'draft lottery number.'
- Draft lottery number was assigned..to your birthday.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a time to turn the other cheek and a time to fight. God knows this and directs his prophets accordingly. That is the difference between the old testament and the new. Some people think Christ's coming changed everything. But it didn't change God will for man. God doesn't change in that respect. In the old testament God knew that he would send the Christ to save us and set up animal sacrifices as a type for that.

Christs redemption changed some things yes. But people that ignore the old testament have got things wrong I think.

But when to engage in war? In order for it to be done properly it would have to be under the direction of a prophet of God so that it happens along with God's will.

We now have catastrophic man made wars and no prophet of God directing us. So my advice is be careful who you follow into war. It may have a bad outcome.

Last edited: