Warnings to the churches about gaining eternal death

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"… you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death, or (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness … so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness. For when you were slaves of sin … the end of those things is (eternal) death. … For the wages of sin is (eternal) death …" (Romans 6:16-23)

"For those who LIVE according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who LIVE according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally-minded is (eternal) death, but to be spiritually-minded is (eternal) life and peace.” (Romans 8:5-6)

"For IF you live according to the flesh you will die (eternal death); but IF by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live (eternal life).” (Romans 8:13)

“Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption (eternal death), but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.” (Galatians 6:7-8)

“But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into may foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil … Let them (rich Christians) do good, that they may be rich in good works, ready to give, willing to share, storing up for themselves a good foundation for the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.” (1 Timothy 6:9-19)

“ ‘Now the just shall live by faith; but if anyone draws back, My soul has no pleasure in him.’ But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul.” (Hebrews 10:36-39)

“Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of (eternal) life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him … when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin when it is full-grown, brings forth (eternal) death. Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.” (James 1:12-15)

IMO, this is enough to swallow in one sitting ... gluttony is a sin, remember!

Last edited:
Reactions: Philip James

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Doesesus have so little love for those who are his that he does not care what happens to them.

or is it a case that his love, which we cannot know the limits of is only just sufficient to save us.

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Doesesus have so little love for those who are his that he does not care what happens to them.
or is it a case that his love, which we cannot know the limits of is only just sufficient to save us.
The result of God's love for all of mankind is limited by their free will.
The result of God's love for His saved sons/daughters is limited by their free will.

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm wondering if justbyfaith has forgotten that ...
he was breathlessly waiting to see some of these verses.

Better get out the trumpets, bloodhounds, shotguns, etc.
The justbyfaith has gone AWOL.

Last edited:

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
justbyfaith is no longer AWOL.
He asked for this thread ... now perhaps he will respond to its' contents.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The issue is not about what Jesus is lacking but what we are doing with the love of Jesus. We shall each give an account of our deeds before Him on judgment day. Then we will see who loved the Lord more than their own lives.

Jesus did His part. Now it's our turn. Through Him we can continue His work on earth. If we sit on our hands we can't expect anything else from God. Just an expectation of judgment from a holy God.

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
justbyfaith asked for this thread, but refuses to comment on it.
Why would any of you bother to deal with him?

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The result of God's love for all of mankind is limited by their free will.
The result of God's love for His saved sons/daughters is limited by their free will.
So Paul is wrong when he says ' nothing in All creation can separete us from the love of God.

Jesus is wrong when he says no one can snatch you out of my hand.

As my will is stronger than both God and Jesus who then is God?

Either the bible is right or the bible is wrong and human will is actually God as it is the strongest force in creation.

Reactions: Helen and marks

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The issue is not about what Jesus is lacking but what we are doing with the love of Jesus. We shall each give an account of our deeds before Him on judgment day. Then we will see who loved the Lord more than their own lives.

Jesus did His part. Now it's our turn. Through Him we can continue His work on earth. If we sit on our hands we can't expect anything else from God. Just an expectation of judgment from a holy God.

Yes we will give an account, but that account will have nothing to do with how we were saved and everything to do with whether we hear 'Well done good and faithfull servant.'

Reactions: Helen

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes we will give an account, but that account will have nothing to do with how we were saved and everything to do with whether we hear 'Well done good and faithfull servant.'

God is a righteous judge. But you are making God sound like a kindergarten teacher here.

There will be rejections and weeping and gnashing of teeth. People will wail and be very angry at the people who taught them lies. Go back and read what the bible actually says about God's judgments. We are safe in His hand AND it is a fearful thing to fall into the hand of the living God. Both statements are true.

Get back to me if you want :)

Last edited:

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So Paul is wrong when he says ' nothing in All creation can separete us from the love of God.
Either the bible is right or the bible is wrong and human will is actually God
as it is the strongest force in creation.
God loves all humans whom He created.
You can snatch yourself out of His hand.
Why didest the Lord God give us free-will?
Our free-will is not a force, but a human trait
which reflects our character (or is it personality?).

All of your excuses for ignoring parts of the Bible which you hate
just will not cut it.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are safe in His hand AND it is a fearful thing to fall into the hand of the living God. Both statements are true.
Don't wait until you are falling into His hand.

And Episkopos . . . ARE we safe? It seems you usually say something different.

When we come to Him . . . nothing can remove us from His hand

Much love!

Reactions: Helen

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Then why all of the dire warnings in the NT?
2 According to you, they're a waste of ink.
3 Or haven't you seen any?
To actually answer you . . .

1 Because people need to examine themselves to make sure their faith is real. One of the best ways is by whether we have a true and real love for others, particularly other believers.

2 Misrepresentative of me so no reply.

3 Yes I have.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Perhaps, if we are to be true disciples of Christ, then we are to love everybody and not just other believers.

If we, as disciples of Christ, are to be a blessing to all of the people of the earth, then we have to love everybody as Christ does.

If we limit our love, particularly to other believers, then we are not a follower of Christ.

Shalom

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Perhaps, if we are to be true disciples of Christ, then we are to love everybody and not just other believers.
If we, as disciples of Christ, are to be a blessing to all of the people of the earth, then we have to love everybody as Christ does.
If we limit our love, particularly to other believers, then we are not a follower of Christ.
Shalom
Okay, was Jesus loving non-believers when He called them all kinds of VERY
uncomplimentary names, overturned all of their tables in the house of God, etc.?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Either the bible is right or the bible is wrong and human will is actually God as it is the strongest force in creation.
many will be deceived

i'm thinkin those who misquote Scripture among them wadr

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be honest with you, the title of this thread didn't capture my interest.

And I'm not sure where it was that I asked for this thread in @Zachary's mind.

Finally came over here because he provided a link in one of the newer threads.

I still don't know where it was that he thinks I was asking for these verses.