Wars and Clan Structure May Explain

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"
Starting about 7,000 years ago, something weird seems to have happened to men: Over the next two millennia, recent studies suggest, their genetic diversity -specifically, the diversity of their Y chromosomes – collapsed. So extreme was that collapse that it was as if there was only one man left to mate for every 17 women..."
Wars and Clan Structure May Explain Strange Biological Event of 7,000 Years Ago

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes something did happen some 6k years ago.
The universe began. The article assumes that ages older than 6k are valid and that assumptions made to demonstrate older ages are more than assumptions, which one should really read as a guess.

What sort of God cannot tell the history of his creation to his chosen people?

May I suggest having a read of an alternative view.
Geneticists Duel Dates Y-Chromosomal Adam

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
the prob there i guess is that other more ancient bottlenecks are evident in the DNA record;

"Second, the bottleneck is much more recent than other biologically similar events, hinting that its origins might have something to do with changing social structures.

Certainly, the researchers point out, social structures were changing. After the onset of farming and herding around 12,000 years ago, societies grew increasingly organized around extended kinship groups, many of them patrilineal clans – a cultural fact with potentially significant biological consequences. The key is how clan members are related to each other. While women may have married into a clan, men in such clans are all related through male ancestors and therefore tend to have the same Y chromosomes..." ibid

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yes something did happen some 6k years ago.
The universe began. The article assumes that ages older than 6k are valid and that assumptions made to demonstrate older ages are more than assumptions, which one should really read as a guess.

What sort of God cannot tell the history of his creation to his chosen people?

May I suggest having a read of an alternative view.
Geneticists Duel Dates Y-Chromosomal Adam
“Our analysis indicates this lineage diverged from previously known Y chromosomes about 338,000 years ago..."

“We can say with some certainty that modern humans emerged in Africa a little over 200,000 years ago..."

The Criticisms
“Such an extraordinarily early estimate contradicts all previous estimates in the literature,” Elhaik and colleagues write, and are “142,000 years older than the oldest known anatomically modern humans.”

still leaves almost 60,000 years as Adam's age, right, so wadr i'm not getting you there

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
“Our analysis indicates this lineage diverged from previously known Y chromosomes about 338,000 years ago..."

“We can say with some certainty that modern humans emerged in Africa a little over 200,000 years ago..."

The Criticisms
“Such an extraordinarily early estimate contradicts all previous estimates in the literature,” Elhaik and colleagues write, and are “142,000 years older than the oldest known anatomically modern humans.”

still leaves almost 60,000 years as Adam's age, right, so wadr i'm not getting you there

This all depends on where one places there ultimate trust for truth.
One either believes that atheistic sciencew is the ultimate source of truth or that the bible is the ultimate source for truth.

Either Jesus told the truth when he said Man was from the begining of creation or he lied.

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are various beliefs as to the age of the earth and the universe many of which range from the absurd to pure speculation.

Young earth creationist, generally fundamentalist Christians believe in a literal interpretation of the Genesis account that the creative days of Genesis were six literal (24-hour) days, which occurred 6,000 years ago.

However we believe we are not to suppose those days were literal 24 hour days, but rather each consisting of the same length as the last creative day. As you recall Adam was created at the very end of the sixth day and the beginning of the seventh day was just opening up. Now since the Lord gave us a pattern in the seven days of a week, the last day being the Sabbath we merely need to transfer this same principle to the creative days. A day with the Lord is as a thousand years, thus the first six days from Adam’s creation brings us to 6000 years with the last, the seventh 1000 year day, the millennial being the Sabbath or the Day of the Lord.

Now as order is Heavens first law it is only logical to assume that each of the preceding days were of equal length that is 7000 years each or 7000 X 7000 = 49,000 years since the beginning of creation (as in accordance with the Jubilee cycles). We are about to reach the Fiftieth or Grand Jubilee, the restoration of all things.

The narrative given in the Genesis account is the record of creation not from the beginning of the creation of the universe (which is untold billions of years old), but from the point of preparing the earth for the arrival of man. Note in the 2 verse of Genesis, “Now the earth was formless and empty…” The key word here is “was”, the earth already existed, but as yet was formless and void (of life). We can accept what scientist suggest as the age of the earth being 4.5 billion years old, but creation itself is just a little over 49,000 years old and man a little over 6000 years.

My thoughts

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
This all depends on where one places there ultimate trust for truth.
One either believes that atheistic sciencew is the ultimate source of truth or that the bible is the ultimate source for truth.
i'm just quoting from your article there?
Either Jesus told the truth when he said Man was from the begining of creation or he lied.
well, or He is misunderstood, as Scripture tells us repeatedly will occur, right

"stay here for the present" said to a little kid is likely to get one accused of lying i guess

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
i'm just quoting from your article there?
well, or He is misunderstood, as Scripture tells us repeatedly will occur, right

"stay here for the present" said to a little kid is likely to get one accused of lying i guess

So where is the sorce for truth?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So where is the sorce for truth?
the Q becomes irrelevant if one cannot accept the truth, seems to me at least.
So i would examine what keeps one from accepting the truth, generally speaking
truth comes to us from the wilderness, from our pov anyway
the sign of Christ's appearing causes moaning and groaning, right, not joy and parties
ergo truth is an affront to our premises

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
the Q becomes irrelevant if one cannot accept the truth, seems to me at least.
So i would examine what keeps one from accepting the truth, generally speaking
truth comes to us from the wilderness, from our pov anyway
the sign of Christ's appearing causes moaning and groaning, right, not joy and parties
ergo truth is an affront to our premises

I'm a great believer in 'KISS'

All Spiritual truth is sourced in Jesus. All practical truth is found in relation to Jesus.
eg Jesus did not teach about evolution so it follows that evolution is not true.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm a great believer in 'KISS'

All Spiritual truth is sourced in Jesus. All practical truth is found in relation to Jesus.
eg Jesus did not teach about evolution so it follows that evolution is not true.

I had a 'double take' there...re KISS... I thought - what..the rock band - Knights In Satan's Service!!

Then, by the rest of the post I knew you meant- Keep It Simple Stupid. :D :D

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a 'double take' there...re KISS... I thought - what..the rock band - Knights In Satan's Service!!

Then, by the rest of the post I knew you meant- Keep It Simple Stupid. :D :D

My first thought was, 'gee, I didn't know the klan had been around that long'.

Stranger