Was Adam Imparted Free Will From The Beginning Of Creation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And again you come back at me about a doctrine I have told you a million times, I NO LONGER want to discuss. If God is a Calvinist, then to hell I go. Happy? My burning for eternity will please God and Calvinists, as it will "reveal His Glory" to burn people for no fault of their own. WHY do you PUSH! Stop writing me please, once again. I will surely give you warning points. Go ahead and "think" you understand what I wrote two years ago. So this is the last time I will ask you to cease your harassment of me, and yes to me it IS harassment.
Satan comes to kill, steal and destroy. Your pet doctrine has stolen the assurance of my salvation, killed my joy and ALMOST destroyed my faith. No more posts or replies to me, please and I will do the same for you.

Nancy, would you please humbly and honestly respond in detail to the content in this post?

Faith is controlled by God because the Word of God says "this is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29) - we Christians believe Lord Jesus.

The strange thing that you call "Calvinist" that you repeat is foreign to Christianity including me because the Christ of us Christians declares who we are and who God is! God reigns sovereign in the affairs of mankind (DANIEL 4:34-35), but you wrote that God doesn't reign sovereign in the affairs of mankind.

Now, Nancy, let's visit your writings of specific Scripture which you brought up as support for free-will, but you failed to follow up when you were shown that they do not:
  • A couple of years ago in this thread you bailed on correspondence in which you were shown your proof text for God being outside of time so you can choose Jesus actually shows time reference with "the things that are not yet done" (Isaiah 46:10) removes any potential for things to have been already done in eternity. (proof link).
  • Recently, you show no signal of repentance for your writing of "that is a choice" toward God regarding Philippians 2:12-13 (proof link) even after God has me proclaim to you that we Christians "work out" our "salvation with fear and trembling" (Philippians 2:12) because God works in us (Philippians 2:13).

The Christ of us Christians says:
  • "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:16), so God chooses people, not man choosing God, but truly God choosing man.
  • "I chose you out of the world" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:19, includes salvation), so God exclusively chooses people unto salvation.
  • "What I say to you I say to all" (Lord Jesus Christ, Mark 13:37 - Jesus had taken the Apostles Peter, Andrew, James, and John aside in private and said this), so all the glorious blessings of God mentioned above are to all believers in all time.

The only Way (John 14:6) that a person gets eternal life is by believing Christ, and Christ spoke the words recorded in John 15:16, John 15:19, and Mark 13:37; moreover, no Scripture nullifies Christ's words.

The original post contains the Truth (John 14:6) which shows richly in scripture, Adam was not imparted free will, and no man thereafter was imparted free will either.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe that believing in free will disqualifies you from eternal life?

Believing in free-will does not disqualify me from eternal life, Wynona. I do not believe in free-will because the word freewill is similar to a mixed metaphor as explained below.

I answered your question, Wynona, and I have a question for you after you read the following.

The Unchangeableness of God and the Will of God​

Many people preach that God has a free-will.

The common free-willian refrain is along the lines of "God has freewill. Christ has freewill. Man was made in their image/likeness. Result? = Man has free will." (an actual free-willian quote).

So, the free-willian philosophy holds that God free-will chooses to change between good and evil, and, since God created man in God's image according to God's likeness (Genesis 1:26), then man does precisely the same as God; therefore, man free-will chooses to change between good and evil.

A Will Requires A Host​

First, the definition of free must be considered.

Free denotes:

1. of autonomy:
    • (noun) no constraint, uncontrolled, liberty, not enslaved, emancipation.
    • (verb) disentangled, extricate, untangle.
  2. of property:
    • (noun) complimentary, without charge, gratis, no payment required.
    • (verb) give away, sacrifice.
The subject is not of property regarding free-will, so the subject is focused of autonomy regarding free-will.

The word "free" represents a relative concept, as shown in the following paragraph; in other words, a person is "free" from "something".

A person in a constitutional republic, such as the U.S.A., is free to start a business (free from being captives of the tyranny of the King of Great Britain per the U.S. Declaration of Independence), but a person in a communist country, such as North Korea, is NOT free to start a business (communist citizens are captives (owned) by their government).

Second, the definition of free-will must be considered.

Free-will: an autonomous will, an isolated willpower, detached volition, independent moral agency.

Next, considering "will", a will exists not in a vacuum; in other words, a will must be part of a host.

Respecting an unsaved person - the default first condition of every person, since a host (person) is required to host a will, then the person's will is part of the person's self, so the person's will is self-will because the person'a will is attached to the self-same person; on the other hand, the person's will is not free floating detached from the person, so the person's will is not free-will.

The Apostle proclaims a person's will is either one of but not both of:

• a person's will is controlled by God with "God having purified your souls in the obedience of the Truth through the Spirit" (1 Peter 1:21-22) and "it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13).
  • a person's will is controlled by man with "the Lord knows how" "to keep the unrighteous under punishment for the day of judgment, and especially those who indulge the flesh in its corrupt desires and despise authority, daring, self-willed, they do not tremble when they revile angelic majesties" (2 Peter 2:9-10).
A person's will is dependent upon God (Christimage-will (bond-will), Romans 8:29), or a person's will is dependent upon man (self-will, 2 Peter 2:9-10). No other will exists for a person; moreover, free-will is an illusion as conveyed by the Apostle Paul with "I did not want to do anything, so that your goodness would not be, in effect, by compulsion but of your own free will" (Philemon 1:14).

While the unrighteous unbelievers daringly revel in their own glory founded in their self-willed "I chose Jesus" (2 Peter 2:9-10) thus their hearts steal King Jesus Christ's glory, on the other hand, we righteousness of God in Christ believers worship the Glorious One (2 Corinthians 5:21) who sovereignly chose us (John 15:16, John 15:19 includes salvation).

Thus says Adonai YHWH (Lord GOD) "I am YHWH; that is my name; my glory I give to no other" (Isaiah 42:8), yet the free-willians try to steal God's exclusive glory in the salvation of man.

God's Will is not free will because a free-will does not have a host, yet a host is required for an associated will to exist; therefore, the Will of God is God's Will. See God's Will mentioned in 1 Peter 2:15.

NO SCRIPTURE STATES THAT GOD HAS A FREE-WILL.

God is unchangingly good (Malachi 3:6, Psalm 107:1) for the Word of God says "no one is good except God alone" (Mark 10:18), so God is exclusively good all the time while at the same time God never changes to being evil.

In effect, free-willian philosophy includes that God imparted God-like free-will into man, and it is established that man free-will chooses between being good and being evil according to man's God-like free-will; therefore, God's free-will results in God fluctuating between good and evil because man's God-like free-will fluctuates between good and evil, so God changes to being evil by free-willian philosophers preaching that God has free-will.

THE RESULT, MAN CANNOT HAVE A GOD-LIKE FREE-WILL BECAUSE GOD CANNOT HAVE A FREE-WILL.

NO SCRIPTURE STATES THAT MAN HAS A FREE-WILL.

Free-will philosophy includes the man generated foundation that, by free-will, man can choose to be evil or good, even the ability for a natural man to free-will choose Jesus Christ unto the good of saving himself from the wrath of God.

The Word of God declares:

• "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:16), so God chooses people to be friends (John 15:15, the prior verse) and to believe (John 6:29) and to be born again (John 3:3-8) and for righteous works (John 3:21, John 15:5) and to repent (Matthew 11:25) and to love (John 13:34) and unto salvation (John 15:19 the same passage).
  • "I chose you out of the world" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:19, includes salvation), so God exclusively chooses people unto salvation.
  • "What I say to you I say to all" (Lord Jesus Christ, Mark 13:37 - Jesus had taken the Apostles Peter, Andrew, James, and John aside in private and said this), so all the blessings of God mentioned above are to all believers in all time.
The only way for free-willian philosophers to acheive free-will is for them to add to the Word of God, and it is written "do not add to His words or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar" (Proverbs 30:6).

Every person has a will, but a person's will is either one of but not both of (1) a self-will against God in evil for the natural flesh person (2 Peter 2:9-10) or (2) a will in Christ doing God's good by the Holy Spirit for the Born of God (Romans 8:29, Philippians 2:13, John 3:3-8).

Wynona, you and I corresponded similarly earlier in this thread as captured in this post, but I don't recall that you replied.

My question for you needs a prelude, so please bear with me. Many people around the world think that their going to Temple gives those people entry in heaven, yet belief in Christ alone is required for entry in heaven, so none of those people have entry in heaven, i.e. the thoughts of those people prevent entry into heaven because those people are not dependent upon Christ alone; likewise, do you believe people thinking that they free-will choose Jesus gives those people entry into the Kingdom of Heaven?

The original post contains the Truth (John 14:6) which shows richly in scripture, Adam was not imparted free will, and no man thereafter was imparted free will either.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
pssst john calvin is just a man ..you should join carm they have their own Bibles like you

Jesus Christ is truly Man and truly the Lord God Almighty, and He says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16, NASB) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, NASB, includes salvation).

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ is truly Man and truly the Lord God Almighty, and He says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16, NASB) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, NASB, includes salvation).

Look i realize your a dogmatic up to your eyeballs Calvinist. see none of this is my first rodeo ..i really could care less if you think adam was not imparted free will or not. this is just as much my fault as anyone for replying.. i hate to do this but i am going to put you on ignore . its simply not worth it. i have dealt with Calvinism online..i no longer have the heart to show scriptures . stick with your robot theology

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look i realize your a dogmatic up to your eyeballs Calvinist. see none of this is my first rodeo ..i really could care less if you think adam was not imparted free will or not. this is just as much my fault as anyone for replying.. i hate to do this but i am going to put you on ignore . its simply not worth it. i have dealt with Calvinism online..i no longer have the heart to show scriptures . stick with your robot theology

So, you "could care less" that Lord Jesus Christ of us Christians says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16, NASB) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, NASB, includes salvation).

You wrote "robot theology", but Paul wrote of the Potter and the clay (applied to every single individual person ever) in:

He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires.

You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?” On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, “Why did you make me like this,” will it? Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use? What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction? And He did so to make known the riches of His glory upon vessels of mercy, which He prepared beforehand for glory,
(Romans 9:18-23, NASB)

Your free-willian theology has no Scriptural foundation.

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...best off to drop it...
@like
@GRACE ambassador, your Like of Ezra's post surprised me.
The reason is simple, after 'planting and watering,' to which only God Gives the increase,
I agree with 'simply moving on,' preventing:

Php_2:3 "Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; [ and obeying ]​
but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves."​
+
God's Command:

Rom 16:17 "Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions​
and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them."​

Amen?

Reactions: Nancy