Was GOD Lying?!?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Note: This Post is in corollary to the Topic "Was David Lying", and hopefully will bless you in your study of Scripture, and what it means! :)

So let me begin with the premise given by one "pastor" when discussing Daniel 9:2 "perceived [biyn] in the books". I pointed out that "biyn" is best understood in the context of 1 Kings 3, where Solomon asked for wisdom [shama], and GOD said HE would give him such wisdom [biyn] that no man before him and no man after him shall have such wisdom [biyn].

Of course the "pastor" saw a DISCREPANCY with Scripture and REFUSED TO PROCEED on our study of Daniel 9 until I could resolve that DISCREPANCY. And I had no problem resolving the DISCREPANCY through the Book of Luke:

Luke 14: 8 “When you are invited by any one to a marriage feast, do not sit down in a place of honor, lest a more eminent man than you be invited by him; 9 and he who invited you both will come and say to you, ‘Give place to this man,’ and then you will begin with shame to take the lowest place. 10 But when you are invited, go and sit in the lowest place, so that when your host comes he may say to you, ‘Friend, go up higher’; then you will be honored in the presence of all who sit at table with you. 11 For every one who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

And so I explained that Solomon took the lowest place in his request for wisdom [shama], and GOD honored him by moving him up higher [biyn] place. But this "pastor" had already set his heart against receiving ANYTHING from our discussion, and threw away our association and friendship.

But the fact remains, that GOD said HE would give Solomon what he asked for [shama], but gave him something different [biyn] in HIS perfect grace! :)

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I thought it was SIMPLE question. It's base on Scripture. It's fulfilled historically. But I've NEVER heard a sermon preached, a lesson taught, a question asked, or even a footnote provided, which addresses this passage.

Ohhhhhhhh, and did I included, -- a poster's opinion --? :)

Bobby Jo