Was Grace Always Avaliable

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

manichunter

Jun 2, 2008
Was "Grace" operating before the first covenant and within the first covenant?I believe God changes not. Grace has always been avaliable from God for a person to appeal to for repentance, forgiveness, and restoration. Why was Adam and Eve spared immediate death? Why was Abraham allowed to go forth out of Egypt? Why was Moses spared after striking the rock? Why was David not stoned for his murder and adultery? I believe it was God's grace that had not yet been fully manifested to all man except those who appealed to what was already avaliable. Grace has always been avaliable for a person who loves God, is repentive of sin, and desires to please God in what they do.

manichunter

Jun 2, 2008
Where they waiting on the Messiah, to complete their salvation? What was the promise God gave Eve? What was the promise God gave Abraham? What was the promise that God gave Israel?How would He redeem mankind? He already had redeemed mankind.So why was Adam, Abel, Seth, Abraham, Noah, and Isaac obedient to God? How did they show that they believed the promise?If "Grace" has always been avaliable, then why can't the "Torah" be avaliable now. The mystery is that they have always worked together even beyond the knowledge of mankind. Why would they stop working together today. For even the sacrifice of the Messiah was before the foundation of the world working on mankind's part for redemption before creation. Re 13:8 -All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

waquinas

Apr 24, 2008
And Enoch and Elijah are said to have walked right into Heaven. That would have to be the same Grace, by Jesus sacrafice given in advance I think.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(waquinas;56280)
And Enoch and Elijah are said to have walked right into Heaven. That would have to be the same Grace, by Jesus sacrafice given in advance I think.
Agreed.
smile.gif
Wherever faith resulted in salvation in the OT... it was always by God's promise that had yet to be fulfilled in the future through Christ. God knew that they were "good for it", and it is like He gave them a loan based on what *He knew* they would accomplish had they been given the speicific choice to believe on the lamb that was slain from the foundation of the world.

waquinas

Apr 24, 2008
agree it must work something like that, not real sure we fully understand how it is so - things like time, place..etc seem different when we start talking about resurrected or new or changed bodies; which I would assume people going straight to Heaven like Enoch would have to have before walking in those gates.