Watch God move.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm sure I have created threads like this before, but this one will focus on the major things God is doing around the world at the moment, it's good to hear such great news came out of Ukraine, evangelist & motivational speaker Nic Vujicic led 400,000 people to Jesus in the streets of Kyiv, that's crazy, it's been a while since most of us have heard of masses that big praying the Salvation prayer and asking Jesus into their hearts.

http://www.joydigitalmag.com/news/nick-vujicic-thanks-god-400-000-come-christ-ukraine/

I will try and keep this thread updated, you know Reinhardt Bonkke has a tour at Nigeria during the 2nd week of November, I'm sure it will be amazing to see what God does during that week, he has led millions to Jesus in Nigeria a few decades ago, and what was once a Muslim majority nation became a Christian majority nation, but still many many more can get saved saved in Nigeria, so I'm looking forward to hear what God does through Reinhardt Bonkke in his final tour of Nigeria and the impact God has over there.

If the Great endtime outpouring of the Holy Spirit has just begun, and there's a lot more to come, there's hope for my generation to escape the worst of the endtimes, but we need it to spread into Australia though.

So it's great to hear stories like this especially for someone from the younger generation.

Anyway we will see what else Jesus does, Praise the Lord and watch him move. :D

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
what was once a Muslim majority nation became a Christian majority nation,

Either you are deluded or someone is not telling you the truth.

Nigeria is not a Christiancountry nor is it a country with a majority of Christian living in it.

May I suggest that you check your stories more carefully before posting them.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I'm sure I have created threads like this before, but this one will focus on the major things God is doing around the world at the moment, it's good to hear such great news came out of Ukraine, evangelist & motivational speaker Nic Vujicic led 400,000 people to Jesus in the streets of Kyiv, that's crazy, it's been a while since most of us have heard of masses that big praying the Salvation prayer and asking Jesus into their hearts.

Nick Vujicic Thanks God After 400 000 Come To Christ In Ukraine - Joy! Digital

I will try and keep this thread updated, you know Reinhardt Bonkke has a tour at Nigeria during the 2nd week of November, I'm sure it will be amazing to see what God does during that week, he has led millions to Jesus in Nigeria a few decades ago, and what was once a Muslim majority nation became a Christian majority nation, but still many many more can get saved saved in Nigeria, so I'm looking forward to hear what God does through Reinhardt Bonkke in his final tour of Nigeria and the impact God has over there.

If the Great endtime outpouring of the Holy Spirit has just begun, and there's a lot more to come, there's hope for my generation to escape the worst of the endtimes, but we need it to spread into Australia though.

So it's great to hear stories like this especially for someone from the younger generation.

Anyway we will see what else Jesus does, Praise the Lord and watch him move. :D
cool! i've been kind of monitoring the Russian Revival myself, big surge in Ortho church membership, and a nascent house church movement, etc

Reactions: Helen and Josho

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nigeria is not a Christiancountry nor is it a country with a majority of Christian living in it.

This is what I found about it:

Nigeria is a religiously diverse society, with Christianity and Islam being the most widely professed religions.
Nigerians are nearly equally divided into Christians and Muslims, with a tiny minority of adherents of Animism and other religions.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
ha, sounds familiar lol. The Bible goes to great lengths to illustrate the dangers of being divided in this manner, yet we are all "nearly equally divided."

this is why countries will not outlive nations, imo
The bible says nothing at all about a country being nearly equally divided between Christian and non christian.

It is very dangerous to take any statement out of context and to quote it with a different/false meaning.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The bible says nothing at all about a country being nearly equally divided between Christian and non christian.
actually It goes on at length, and in several different reflections about that very thing, only they did not call them "countries" back then, right? And "Christian" was a derogatory term then, too, so that would be harder to infer also, at least if it mattered, which it does not, for this argument anyway.

"Boundary Stones" might be the best way to perceive this, but as i said i could offer much supporting Scripture for the pov that cultures should not be mixed

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
It is very dangerous to take any statement out of context and to quote it with a different/false meaning.
it will stand or fall on its own, i guess; it either makes it through the fire or does not.
bam demonstrate a context that is being abused, and let's see!

different does not mean false, necessarily

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
That's includes all countries. Nothing new.
i agree, yes; what would be new would be to actually not associate oneself with any "country."
but of course much conditioning must be overcome first to even contemplate this, right.
our self-identification is literally intrinsic to the concept now, in a way that it is not to, say, a third-worlder

one doesn't realize the vast gulf in thinking, unless they travel or whatever, i guess, but most of the planet's population has no idea who their President or PM even is, as hard as that is to believe. Knowledge of who the local Mayor is is about 50/50 i guess

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is what I found about it:

Nigeria is a religiously diverse society, with Christianity and Islam being the most widely professed religions.
Nigerians are nearly equally divided into Christians and Muslims, with a tiny minority of adherents of Animism and other religions.

What we find though it has jumped from 23% in 1953, to jump to 35% in 1963 to 49.2% in 2010 , just slightly above Muslims. And what we find is Billy Graham toured Nigeria in 1960 within those 10 years the christian population jumped 12%, and Reinhardt Bonkke started in 1967, and the Christian population jumped up to nearly 50% throughout the years he visited there, that was in 2010, both would have led millions to Jesus in their time there, don't forget though Nigeria is a highly populated nation of nearly 186 million, and while those percentages are probably not accurate, Open Doors missionaries say that there is nearly 89 million Christians in Nigeria. That is a lot of Christians, more than most countries in the world, despite they only make anywhere from 40-50% of the population, Nigeria still isn't a tidy place, and there are still millions and millions worth saving, but I pray and hope millions more do get saved there, we can safely say Nigeria has more hunger for God than most Western countries, if not all of them.

The exciting news though is Daniel Kolenda is continuing on the work of Reinhardt Bonkke in Nigeria.

"Dear Mission Partners,

Just moments ago, I finished preaching the last message on the final night of our Gospel Crusade here in Calabar, Nigeria. Each night here, we have seen the crowd literally double in size over the previous night. That is unusual, and a powerful indication of the wonderful things Jesus has done here this week.

We also had our new jumbo screens in full swing again this week. The difference it makes for the people is even more than we had imagined. During the preaching, every facial expression, illustration and movement is larger than life. During the testimonies, every miracle is seen up close, every tear shed, every smile of joy touches the hearts of the whole crowd. I want to thank those of you that contributed to these screens. I believe many more people will be reached with the gospel as a result. Thank you!

Tonight a 12-year old boy, mute from birth, spoke for the first time in his entire life. In front of the massive crowd, he repeated after me, “Jesus, Jesus, Jesus.” A painful lump disappeared from a young woman’s breast. Another lady who had suffered with unrelenting pain due to stomach ulcers, felt all the pain vanish during prayer for the first time in 3-years. She wept uncontrollably as she thanked God for the miracle. Many other testimonies were heard as well, hernia, piles, bleeding, pain of all kinds healed, and many, many more.

In a couple weeks, we will be back in Nigeria and we are trusting God for another mighty harvest. Thank you for praying for us this week and thank you for supporting us. We are shoulder-to-shoulder in the harvest.

Yours in the Harvest,
Daniel Kolenda

Together with the whole CfaN team"

Reactions: Triumph1300