Watch! is What Jesus Said

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those in Christ Jesus today, this matter is one of the most important commandments He gave that we are to be doing in these last days, leading up to His return.

Mark 13:35-37
35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:

36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

KJV

He didn't say maybe you ought to 'watch'. He said to "Watch", and that is a command!

Watch what?

Some Churches will throw at you a bunch sensationalist signs, preaching about earthquakes, starvation statistics, wars, great storms happening, chaos and murder in the overcrowded cities, etc. Some of them will then tell you don't worry, because you won't be here for the tribulation, (so basically rely on them instead, is what those are really saying). That isn't showing us what our Lord Jesus wants us to be 'watching'.

What did our Lord Jesus show we need to be watching, and where did He show us in His Word?

He showed us in His Olivet discourse of Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21, Bible chapters that I repeatedly try to get brethren to study for our times, because in that Jesus gave us the main Signs of His Revelation about the end of this world, leading up to His 2nd coming.

Those Signs are what Apostle Paul was talking about in 1 Thessalonians 5:1-3 with "the times and the seasons", saying he didn't need to show those brethren there, for they already knew them.

Do you know them? Are you watching like Lord Jesus commanded us?

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know much about the End Times . . . at all.

Shouldn't we expect Jesus to return when there is peace in the world?

1 Thessalonians 5:2-3 KJV - "For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape."

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know much about the End Times . . . at all.

Shouldn't we expect Jesus to return when there is peace in the world?

1 Thessalonians 5:2-3 KJV - "For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape."

That's one of the signs, yes.

Apostle Paul was pulling the Old Testament prophets about the "day of the Lord", like in the Book of Isaiah. In Isaiah there are several descriptions about the shock and trembling on that day when The LORD comes up off His throne to end this present world time.

Christ's teaching while upon the Mount of Olives with His disciples, and they ask Him what the sign of His coming will be, and the end of the world, is where Lord Jesus showed us what to 'watch'. And He commanded His Church to watch those signs.

As we are now very close to the end of this world, understanding is opened up more about those Signs He gave, so really there's no excuse for His servants not knowing them.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's one of the signs, yes.

Apostle Paul was pulling the Old Testament prophets about the "day of the Lord", like in the Book of Isaiah. In Isaiah there are several descriptions about the shock and trembling on that day when The LORD comes up off His throne to end this present world time.

Christ's teaching while upon the Mount of Olives with His disciples, and they ask Him what the sign of His coming will be, and the end of the world, is where Lord Jesus showed us what to 'watch'. And He commanded His Church to watch those signs.

As we are now very close to the end of this world, understanding is opened up more about those Signs He gave, so really there's no excuse for His servants not knowing them.

I hear you. So one of the signs that will lead us to believe that we really are in those final days, will be the peace that has yet to come? So once we see world peace, then we should be concerned?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear you. So one of the signs that will lead us to believe that we really are in those final days, will be the peace that has yet to come? So once we see world peace, then we should be concerned?

I don't know if "concerned" is the right word, but instead 'sharpen up and watch' is how I'd say it.

A lot of the time, Lord Jesus gives us more info indirectly, and we have to pay attention...

Matt 24:6
6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

KJV

What's the opposite of hearing of wars and rumors of wars? Hearing about peace.

Why is world peace one of the main Signs of the end, like Paul showed in 1 Thess.5? Because that is what the coming Antichrist-false-Messiah is going to use to deceive the whole world with; they will think he is God. Seriously, even many atheists will suddenly believe in God when he shows up working great signs and wonders that would almost deceive Christ's very elect.

Why isn't this being taught in the Churches about the end? Why do most instead teach the end will be all out chaos and WWIII? Lord Jesus shows there will be times of trouble prior... to the actual tribulation time when the false-Messiah shows up. The actual mark of the start of the "great tribulation" will be when the false-Messiah sets up an idol abomination in Jerusalem for all to bow to or be killed (Rev.13). Leading up to the time of his coming will be earthquakes, wars, pestilences, etc., what Lord Jesus called a time of sorrows.

And what better time to be presented as the savior to the whole world than to suddenly appear at a time when the world is in complete chaos and strife? He is going to be all things to all religions. What man could ever pull that off? God's Word is pointing to a supernatural working by that coming false one.

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet He comes as a thief in the night when you least expect Him.

Matthew 25:1-13
“At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3 The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4 The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. 5 The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.

6 “At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’

7 “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8 The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’

9 “‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’

10 “But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

11 “Later the others also came. ‘Lord, Lord,’ they said, ‘open the door for us!’

12 “But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’

13 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.

Matthew 24:44
Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

Luke 12:40
You also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.”

Luke 21:34-36
“But watch yourselves lest your hearts be weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and cares of this life, and that day come upon you suddenly like a trap. For it will come upon all who dwell on the face of the whole earth. But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

1 Corinthians 15:52
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.

1 Thessalonians 5:2
For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Thessalonians 5:4-5 KJV
[4] But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. [5] Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

Reactions: ChristisGod

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet He comes as a thief in the night when you least expect Him.

Who comes "as a thief"? The Antichrist? No.

Our Lord Jesus comes "as a thief", like He said...

Rev 16:15-17
15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

16 And He gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, "It is done."
KJV

And as Apostle Paul taught in 1 Thessalonians 5:1-9, Christ's coming "as a thief" isn't to take us (His Church) by surprise. That's because Lord Jesus commanded His faithful servants to 'watch'.

Matt 24:42-43
42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

KJV

Watch what? The Signs leading up to His 2nd coming that He gave while upon the Mount of Olives with His disciples.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read what I said - Jesus comes as a thief in the night. He comes at an hour you do not know so be aware and ready at all times.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read what I said - Jesus comes as a thief in the night. He comes at an hour you do not know so be aware and ready at all times.

Just 'being ready' is NOT the idea He was teaching about the "goodman". You are STUCK on a false pre-trib rapture theory from men's doctrines which only teaches you to 'just be ready', and then they barely even repeat Jesus' command to watch, because they do not know what to watch!

But those of us who heed Lord Jesus' command to WATCH, like those Apostle Paul said in 1 Thess.5 he had no need to teach them about the "times and the seasons" because they already knew them, those of us who do not... heed men, we do know those times and seasons per God's Word! Too bad you do not, but instead heed men instead. But you could know those Signs Jesus gave, IF you would start listening to Him in His Word!

Think I'll do a thread on this. Oh, I already did, the Scripture evidence in my OP.