Watch out for sour milk

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been taking milk with medications I have to take and just rinsing the glass with water. I noticed some milk accumulate on the bottom of the glass a couple times. Anyways, I had a couple of feelings like I had food poisoning and almost threw up. Then the other day I did really bad. So just watch out for rinsing glasses that have had milk in them. It doesn't get all the milk out and can form bacteria in a matter of 2 hours I read. I don't know if that would happen with coffee also, but just an FYI.

Well at least hopefully I've figured out the nausea.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I learned that lesson the hard way. My first apartment, first time I was really on my own, I was too cheap to throw out some milk that was turning into cottage cheese in my refrigerator. Well, I suppose firehose diarrhea is preferable to nausea and vomiting.

Lesson learned: Keep close tabs on the milk's expiration date. "When in doubt / throw it out!"

My mom laughed at that story, told one of her own about an expired ham sandwich, and said that food poisoning is a good learning experience because you only want to make that mistake one time.

Reactions: marks and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I learned that lesson the hard way. My first apartment, first time I was really on my own, I was too cheap to throw out some milk that was turning into cottage cheese in my refrigerator. Well, I suppose firehose diarrhea is preferable to nausea and vomiting.

Lesson learned: Keep close tabs on the milk's expiration date. "When in doubt / throw it out!"

My mom laughed at that story, told one of her own about an expired ham sandwich, and said that food poisoning is a good learning experience because you only want to make that mistake one time.
Yeah, diarrhea would have been better. I'm also connecting with my neurologist because I'm noticing it again and I'm not sure that I don't have a headache.

But yeah when I was a child in the boyscouts someone brought us steak. And mine had really bad bacteria in it. I ate it and later that night I threw up severely. I was throwing up for 3 days it was so bad. I am very careful with meats now. But it was a memory that I will never forget.

Reactions: marks

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've been taking milk with medications I have to take and just rinsing the glass with water. I noticed some milk accumulate on the bottom of the glass a couple times. Anyways, I had a couple of feelings like I had food poisoning and almost threw up. Then the other day I did really bad. So just watch out for rinsing glasses that have had milk in them. It doesn't get all the milk out and can form bacteria in a matter of 2 hours I read. I don't know if that would happen with coffee also, but just an FYI.

Get a new milk vendor. Here in Canada, I use Sealtest distributed in plastic bags. It stays fresh for at least a full month after purchase.

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dont drink raw eggs . I did it for years with no problems . But i guess that last batch i drank , oopsy .
Notice i said the last batch of raw eggs i drank . ONE TIME , though rare , was enough for me .
Sure its rare to get it from raw eggs , i drank them for years with no problem . BUT SEEING i dont ever want that again
that was the last time . That was nineteen ninety seven .

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Get a new milk vendor. Here in Canada, I use Sealtest distributed in plastic bags. It says fresh for at least a full month after purchase.
I had to look that one up! My milk doesn’t last nearly that long. Apparently, you buy UHT pasteurized milk. As far as I know, we don’t have that option in the US and ours is HTST pasteurized. Doesn’t last as long. :(

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had to look that one up! My milk doesn’t last nearly that long. Apparently, you buy UHT pasteurized milk. As far as I know, we don’t have that option in the US and ours is HTST pasteurized. Doesn’t last as long. :(
Yeah mine is good for about 2-3 weeks after purchase. But I don't think it's old milk as the expiration dates are good. I'm very careful about that.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah mine is good for about 2-3 weeks after purchase. But I don't think it's old milk as the expiration dates are good. I'm very careful about that.
I always reach for one far, far back. The doors are see through so I never did understand why people open the door for a long period of time to deliberate. I always want to whack their knuckles with a ruler when they do that, lol!

• Haha

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sounds like you have a weak stomach. You are just making or have 'expired' milk and have made natural raw yoghurt the hard way. It shouldn't hurt you.

Try an experiment. Get some milk in a see-through container/or glass container and let the sun work on it for a few days or so. You will be making yoghurt like they still do and did a lot in the 'old' countries of Russia, Poland and Ukraine and more. They say that those drinking it as a part of their diet tend to live longer. My Dad used to do it...

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had sominla once . ONCE . it aint user friendly either .
Found this restaurant in Oklahoma:

1318031388_c7442d01c1_z.jpg

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like you have a weak stomach. You are just making or have 'expired' milk and have made natural raw yoghurt the hard way. It shouldn't hurt you.

Try an experiment. Get some milk in a see-through container/or glass container and let the sun work on it for a few days or so. You will be making yoghurt like they still do and did a lot in the 'old' countries of Russia, Poland and Ukraine and more. They say that those drinking it as a part of their diet tend to live longer. My Dad used to do it...
I was curious about that so I looked it up:

"A small sip of spoiled milk is unlikely to cause symptoms beyond a bad taste. Drinking larger amounts of spoiled milk can cause stomach distress resulting in abdominal cramping, vomiting and diarrhea (like a food-borne illness). In most cases, symptoms caused by drinking spoiled milk resolve within 12-24 hours." Spoiled Milk - Missouri Poison Center

So you're right I don't think it was the small amount of milk on the bottom of a rinsed glass. It was probably head pressure from headaches.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Found this restaurant in Oklahoma:

1318031388_c7442d01c1_z.jpg
You could always try cooking an egg on the pavement in the hot sun. Serve that with some unpasteurized milk warmed in the sun and your ready for your second wind at Sam and Ellas.

"Salmonella infection is usually caused by eating raw or undercooked meat, poultry, and eggs or egg products or by drinking unpasteurized milk."

Last edited: