We’ll sleep in the house of good Methodists tonight if they’ll have us

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=12pt]Before nightfall of the second day Robert passed southward, through Salt Sulphur Springs, Peterstown, and Pearisburg; turning from the turnpike road, he finally gave rest to his horse along Walker’s Creek, near to a village in the county of Giles, known as the Irish Settlement. He led his horse from the road down to the creek. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Take a long drink, Charles Thomas Robert, you’ve earned it today,” he said to the animal, who recognized her wrong gendered name with a whinny. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]He took off his own shoes and dangled his feet in the- cool, May water, then got up and knelt so as to wash his face and hands. “We’ll sleep in the house of good Methodists tonight if they’ll have us,” he addressed his only companion again. - Virginian Methodist Circuit rider Robert Sheffey from Jess Carr's Saint of the Wilderness[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I believe our new owner is Methodist, if so, we are in good hands![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]
SheffeyCC2_zpsqv4srk9e.jpg
[/SIZE]

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My Great Grandpa was a Methodist circuit preacher, I could imagine what great fun it would have been travelling by horse, back in them days. :D

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
rockytopva said:
Hmmm i will give it a listen, i gotta convert it from youtube to mp3 though, I'm on limited net. 1st time hearing of Robert Sheffey, I looked him up on wiki though, and ya gotta love his effectiveness of prayer against stills and distilleries, haha.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Haha, i just listened to the 1st part of that, and wow he's on fire, he has a wonderful true sense of humor, says a lot of things the majority of the Church would disagree with, but it's the truth, it's amazing how controversial the truth has became, but you gotta like this type of controversy in the Church, you just gotta like it hahhahaha, putting the Holy Ghost 1st ahead of man-made human doctrine, now that's what i like. People getting bored in church is a result of religious structure and man-made doctrine, if it's spirit-filled then there are no bored people, they are either having a lot of fun, holding back or thinking jeez these Christians are wacko. :lol:

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The audio part is the RW Schambach sermon. The video part is the story of RS Sheffey. I have had two visions upon my bed...

1. Someone asking me to upload more videos
2. Seeing those videos do well

I currently have about 1,200 video views a day on that site...

https://www.youtube.com/rockytopva