We All Need A Sunrise Moment

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
“We All Need A Sunrise Moment”
By Zach Wood
John 14:27 NIV
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Last Monday morning, as I was driving my oldest daughter to school, there was a beautiful sunrise that took my breath away. As I drive her to school each morning, I always wonder if we will see a great sunrise or not. Some mornings are really neat, but this one was really spectacular. What was especially cool about this sunrise was that both my daughter and I needed it to brighten up our morning..

Did the sunrise take all of our worries and concerns away? No. Did the sunrise make everything perfect that day for her or for me? No. What it did do was create a moment of peace in the midst of a somewhat chaotic morning. For a few moments I felt an overwhelming sense of awe coming over me. It was like all frustrations and concerns left me for a few moments so that I could just enjoy seeing part of God’s wonderful design. I was just in awe of God and His beauty!

Sometimes, we just need a sunrise moment. With all the chaotic moments in our lives so often, we need something to take our focus away from the chaos so that we can focus on God’s beauty to be reminded that He is always with us. The world easily throws us into chaos, but God wants to remind us each day of His beauty and that He is in control.

Do you need a sunrise today? Do you need a sunrise moment in your marriage? Do you need a sunrise moment in the relationship you have with your teenager? Do you need a sunrise as you face your difficult job? Do you need a sunrise as you face losing your job unexpectedly? Do you need a sunrise moment as you deal with a friend or family member who has a life-threatening disease?

We all need sunrise moments to feel a sigh wash over us and just feel at peace from God’s promises that He is with us. How is He trying to remind you that He is in control? He gives each of us sunrise moments to soak in and enjoy seeing His beauty. The last thing God wants is for our hearts to be troubled. It is so easy to get overwhelmed quickly with life. He so much wants to give us sunrise moments so that we can be overwhelmed by Him and not the world.

Look for these sunrise moments through your day. Take them in and enjoy them. Let God’s peace surge through you and refresh you.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
By Zach Wood
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Last Monday morning, as I was driving my oldest daughter to school, there was a beautiful sunrise that took my breath away. As I drive her to school each morning, I always wonder if we will see a great sunrise or not. Some mornings are really neat, but this one was really spectacular. What was especially cool about this sunrise was that both my daughter and I needed it to brighten up our morning..

Did the sunrise take all of our worries and concerns away? No. Did the sunrise make everything perfect that day for her or for me? No. What it did do was create a moment of peace in the midst of a somewhat chaotic morning. For a few moments I felt an overwhelming sense of awe coming over me. It was like all frustrations and concerns left me for a few moments so that I could just enjoy seeing part of God’s wonderful design. I was just in awe of God and His beauty!

Sometimes, we just need a sunrise moment. With all the chaotic moments in our lives so often, we need something to take our focus away from the chaos so that we can focus on God’s beauty to be reminded that He is always with us. The world easily throws us into chaos, but God wants to remind us each day of His beauty and that He is in control.

Do you need a sunrise today? Do you need a sunrise moment in your marriage? Do you need a sunrise moment in the relationship you have with your teenager? Do you need a sunrise as you face your difficult job? Do you need a sunrise as you face losing your job unexpectedly? Do you need a sunrise moment as you deal with a friend or family member who has a life-threatening disease?

We all need sunrise moments to feel a sigh wash over us and just feel at peace from God’s promises that He is with us. How is He trying to remind you that He is in control? He gives each of us sunrise moments to soak in and enjoy seeing His beauty. The last thing God wants is for our hearts to be troubled. It is so easy to get overwhelmed quickly with life. He so much wants to give us sunrise moments so that we can be overwhelmed by Him and not the world.

Look for these sunrise moments through your day. Take them in and enjoy them. Let God’s peace surge through you and refresh you.
Some of us are heading into our sunset moment...there we really are "Golden Oldies".

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
336d1ce4e8c5513572e8d8d5bf9dcdd2.jpg

prashanthd

Aug 16, 2013
Hyderabad, India
Faith
Christian
Country
India
By Zach Wood

Enjoyed reading this post. It was heart-warming and encouraging. Please keep them coming!:)

I have a similar moment that reminds me to read the Bible everyday.

I've been growing plants for four years. They last only a few months and I have to replace them always. I probably forget to water them quite often. Two plants survived over two years. Now that I like them so much, I don't want to let them go. So I remember to water them everyday. When I look at them I think that all I do is water them and it is God who makes them grow. So I read the Bible whenever I give them water. God makes them grow and God makes me grow as well.

God bless you.

All glory to God.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Enjoyed reading this post. It was heart-warming and encouraging. Please keep them coming!:)

I have a similar moment that reminds me to read the Bible everyday.

I've been growing plants for four years. They last only a few months and I have to replace them always. I probably forget to water them quite often. Two plants survived over two years. Now that I like them so much, I don't want to let them go. So I remember to water them everyday. When I look at them I think that all I do is water them and it is God who makes them grow. So I read the Bible whenever I give them water. God makes them grow and God makes me grow as well.

God bless you.

All glory to God.
Interesting analogy there; we do need to bring Scripture to mind prayerfully.

Reactions: Heart2Soul