we are all God children !!!!!!!!!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a sperm and an egg count just as material!!!!!!!!!!

to be a child of one must be of, Jesus said the Lord God of Israel is a Spirit, therefore not flesh. one is a child of man in man's image and likeness until one is born of God's Spirit, then one is a child of God.

sure man was made in God's image when man was made, but that didn't remain so after they ate of the tree in the garden. and the sons of Adam were in Adam's image.

Gen 5:1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
Gen 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
Gen 5:3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to be a child of one must be of, Jesus said the Lord God of Israel is a Spirit, therefore not flesh. one is a child of man in man's image and likeness until one is born of God's Spirit, then one is a child of God.

sure man was made in God's image when man was made, but that didn't remain so after they ate of the tree in the garden. and the sons of Adam were in Adam's image.

Gen 5:1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
Gen 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
Gen 5:3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:
If we are truly made in the image and likeness of God, then according to Jesus (or the translators) all men would all be just spirits. No flesh and bone for men who are made in the image and likeness of a God that is just a spirit. But since all men are made of spirit and flesh, something is wrong. Can you explain that to me. Thank you.

Last edited:

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we are truly made in the image and likeness of God, then according to Jesus (or the translators) all men would all be just spirits. No flesh and bone for men who are made in the image and likeness of a God that is just spirit. But since all men are made of spirit and flesh, something is wrong. Can you explain that to me. Thank you.

animals are flesh and not in the image of God who made them, where is your confusion?

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
animals are flesh and not in the image of God who made them, where is your confusion?
The scripture does not say that God made animals in his image and in his likeness, or did I miss something?

Either man has to be just a spirit, or God has to be in the likeness of man, with a body of flesh and spirit.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God created man in the flesh so he would have a tabernacle to inhabit.
The purpose of man is to have a relationship.
And the joining of two becoming one.
All people are created for this purpose.
Some tabernacles need some new paint though.

Hugs

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"we are all God children !!!!!!!!!!!"

1 John 3:10 (NKJV)
10 In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Until they are converted.

Did God create the devil?
If God created man and man have children, are they still God's children?
If God created the devil and the devil has children are they still God's children?

Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

I'm sure God took a lot of things into consideration.
Even how the whole story would end.

Trust God.
Hugs

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we are truly made in the image and likeness of God, then according to Jesus (or the translators) all men would all be just spirits. No flesh and bone for men who are made in the image and likeness of a God that is just a spirit. But since all men are made of spirit and flesh, something is wrong. Can you explain that to me. Thank you.
We were made in His image and likeness but that is past tense. Our first parents disobeyed God and lost their covering and thereby the covering of their offspring... which includes you and me. They were naked and tried to cover themselves, but it was inadequate. God gave them a covering but it was temporary... it was skin, it was flesh, it clothed them.

"Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them." Gen 3:21

But this covering was again only temporary until God's sent His Son so that a better incorruptible covering would be provided:

The inadequacy of that covering of skins covering is made clearer here with regard to a high priest, Joshua, one of the descendants of Aaron:

"Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.
And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.
And I said, Let them set a fair mitre upon his head. So they set a fair mitre upon his head, and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the LORD stood by." Zech 3:3-5

John the Baptist was sent as the forerunner of Jesus and baptized people in water showing them that they were to be covered completely, but it was still only a type or shadow of the real thing that was to come because of Jesus:

"For John truly baptized [covered] with water; but ye shall be baptized [covered] with the Holy Ghost not many days hence." Acts 1:5

The Holy Ghost is our real covering, which if not quenched will cover us against all of our adversaries. Consider Peter's words:

"And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins." I Peter 4:8

Real charity [Love] only comes to whosoever will by and through the Holy Ghost.

Let us not quench the Spirit of God in us... casting aside our covering in favor of the corrupted and corruptible covering of the flesh!

Reactions: Azim and Ziggy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God created man in the flesh so he would have a tabernacle to inhabit.
The purpose of man is to have a relationship.
And the joining of two becoming one.
All people are created for this purpose.
Some tabernacles need some new paint though.

Hugs
More than new paint needed here. The covering of skin was still corruptible and men have corrupted it and continue to corrupt it.

"For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?" I Cor 15:15:53-55

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see it like...
When Kingdom comes... it envelopes the whole world and not the world only but all of creation.
For there was no need of the sun or the moon for the glory of God did lighten it.
I have to find the verse..
Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

I know some people see this is a certian sqaure miles.. but I see it as endless.. it covers everything.
And even death and hell are swallowed up by the glory of the Lord.

All of creation groaneth unto the redemption..
Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Not just the earth. but all of it.
Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Being clothed upon..
Heaven cometh not with observation..
We're not going to be able to point in the sky and see like a planet coming at us from afar.
It's just going to appear and descend and everything will be covered in His glory.

And everything will be changed back to the begining before the fall.
All sin erased from memory.

That's how I SEE it.
Hugs

Reactions: amadeus

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you consider Paul, who was Saul.
Was not Saul a child of the devil until He was converted into a son of God,
through faith and given a new name?

And yet he was still waiting for the redemption, because he still had work to do.

Phl 1:23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:
Phl 1:24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.

Having a desire to depart...
Meaning he had a choice?
There's only two ways out of here that I know of.
Either you take your own life, or you are not, like enoch because God took him.
I don't think the first is what Paul was talking about.

Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.
Is he talking about his skin or his kinsman?

No man hath hateth his own flesh...
Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
Eph 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
Eph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

So Paul is talking about the members, the church, the people are his flesh.
And Saul I would say was a vessel fitted for wrath, because God put him through hell no doubt,
whippings and beatings, drownings and prison..

Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

We have the ability to see the work of God through the very life of Paul.

God took a child of the devil and turned him into a child of God.
And if God can do it for Paul, who was the least of the apostles, the worst of the worst.
Then Paul's life is the proof and the evidence that we see God working through.

And we see that it was because of Paul's faith that God was able to turn him. Convert him.
But he had to suffer a lot of things because of what he had done as Saul.

And we have this hope. That what God can do for Paul, he can do for us all.
And many may not have faith now. But somewhere in the future I believe
everyone will have their turn on the road to Damascus.

Thinking..
Hugs

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture does not say that God made animals in his image and in his likeness, or did I miss something?

Either man has to be just a spirit, or God has to be in the likeness of man, with a body of flesh and spirit.
you stated that flesh counts, I'm showing you that flesh has nothing to do with the image and likeness of the Lord God of Israel. maybe your god, but not the God of Abraham.

its also apparent that you may not know what the image and likeness of a spirit is.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ziggy
If you consider Paul, who was Saul.
Was not Saul a child of the devil until He was converted into a son of God,
through faith and given a new name?

No, just like the prodigal son, he was never a child of the devil, but his Fathers son. Thats why its written of hm Lk 15:24

24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the definition of a child of the devil?

Jhn 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

So comparing apples with apples:

Act 7:58 And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.

Act 8:1 And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.

Act 8:3 As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison.

Act 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,
Act 9:2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

Rev 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

No, just like the prodigal son, he was never a child of the devil, but his Fathers son. Thats why its written of hm Lk 15:24

24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

Exactly.

HUGS

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you stated that flesh counts, I'm showing you that flesh has nothing to do with the image and likeness of the Lord God of Israel. maybe your god, but not the God of Abraham.

its also apparent that you may not know what the image and likeness of a spirit is.

I suppose it looks something like the one it inhabits

hn 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Every one that is, that is.
Sounds like we're kind of flighty :)

HUGS

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We were made in His image and likeness but that is past tense. Our first parents disobeyed God and lost their covering and thereby the covering of their offspring... which includes you and me. They were naked and tried to cover themselves, but it was inadequate. God gave them a covering but it was temporary... it was skin, it was flesh, it clothed them.

"Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them." Gen 3:21

But this covering was again only temporary until God's sent His Son so that a better incorruptible covering would be provided:

The inadequacy of that covering of skins covering is made clearer here with regard to a high priest, Joshua, one of the descendants of Aaron:

"Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.
And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.
And I said, Let them set a fair mitre upon his head. So they set a fair mitre upon his head, and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the LORD stood by." Zech 3:3-5

John the Baptist was sent as the forerunner of Jesus and baptized people in water showing them that they were to be covered completely, but it was still only a type or shadow of the real thing that was to come because of Jesus:

"For John truly baptized [covered] with water; but ye shall be baptized [covered] with the Holy Ghost not many days hence." Acts 1:5

The Holy Ghost is our real covering, which if not quenched will cover us against all of our adversaries. Consider Peter's words:

"And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins." I Peter 4:8

Real charity [Love] only comes to whosoever will by and through the Holy Ghost.

Let us not quench the Spirit of God in us... casting aside our covering in favor of the corrupted and corruptible covering of the flesh!
Adam was created in the "image" and "likeness" of God. Do you know what "likeness" means? That is the key to this whole creation process.

Adam, while he was in the garden was not just a spirit. He had an immortal body of flesh and bone. It is because Adam was not just a spirit in the garden, that I conclude that God is not just a spirit, for Adam was created in his image and in his "likeness". IOW Adam was "like" God in his immortal form. He lost his immortality temporarily when he fell. But would receive it again in the resurrection. God, on the otherhand has maintained his form (immortal body of flesh and bone) since he created Adam.

I am not sure why his covering is important to what we are talking about. Can you explain?

Reactions: amadeus and Ziggy

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The scripture is telling us (Genesis 1:26) that God created Adam in his "image and in his "likeness". IOW Adam has the same form as God and God has the same form as Adam. They both have immortal bodies of flesh and bone and spirit. Otherwise Adam would just be a spirit, if the God of Abraham was just a spirit, which he is obviously not, since he created Adam with an immortal body of flesh and bone and spirit just like Him.

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If flesh doesn't count, why did God create Adam with flesh. Why does God obviously have immortal flesh?