We are dropping the pentagram.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
While the old Veridican Church logo had a pentagram in the center. The officers of Veridican Church, Inc., and myself have decided to return to the original Veridican cross and replace the pentagram. The pentagram represented the Star of Bethlehem, but it's just too difficult to keep explaining that when to most people it looks Satanic or Wiccan. Besides, The cover of the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ has the cross on it and we want to stay in uniform with that.

Here's what our church logo now looks like:

vcdclogopng200x200.png

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Now drop the ariel projection and the claim that we ARE CHRIST .
And pick up the bible and learn and grow .
We are NOT CHRIST , we are OF CHRIST .

We already did drop astral projection, but the bottom line is this: either you are Christ, or you perish. If you have a problem with that, take it up with Jesus. Cuz that's where I got it from. And we still practice astrology, and we still limit the canon to the Gospels, and we still canonize the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, and we still practice our spiritual gifts, and we are still monists. If you don't like it, it's because you're too ignorant to see the truth. That's the bottom line.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We already did drop astral projection, but the bottom line is this: either you are Christ, or you perish. If you have a problem with that, take it up with Jesus. Cuz that's where I got it from. And we still practice astrology, and we still limit the canon to the Gospels, and we still canonize the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, and we still practice our spiritual gifts, and we are still monists. If you don't like it, it's because you're too ignorant to see the truth. That's the bottom line.

Let's discuss your theology.

On what verses/ passages in the gospels do you base the teaching that we are Christ? Let's take a look at them together.

Reactions: Nancy and ScottA

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you remain in dire and grave danger . You limit the canon to only the four gospels . When in truth what the apostels wrote
actually agrees to and confirms the four gospels . You are picking and choosing .
And we are NOT CHRIST , we are simply OF CHRIST . Very deadly and very dangerous things you do teach .

Reactions: Nancy

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 15:1-11 for example

Alright, then let's unpack it.

1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit, he taketh it away: and every [branch] that beareth fruit, he cleanseth it, that it may bear more fruit.
3 Already ye are clean because of the word which I have spoken unto you.
4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; so neither can ye, except ye abide in me.
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same beareth much fruit: for apart from me ye can do nothing.
6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatsoever ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; and so shall ye be my disciples.
9 Even as the Father hath loved me, I also have loved you: abide ye in my love.

This passage speaks of Christ as the Vine and His disciples the branches. These are two distinct and separate entities in this passage, meaning the two remain distinct in spiritual reality as well. Yes or no?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 12:12-13 KJV
[12] For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. [13] For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Reactions: APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:26 is another example of 'Being Christ.' There is no other option. Just following Christ is not sufficient. It makes one still afar from being in and being Christ - on the vine that feeds us. We must be of his same mind, of the same spirit, thus being Christ. Not that we can be exactly him of course. A common expression: 'He's just being Dad today..'..as a son does sometimes act instead of his father...​

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit, he taketh it away: and every [branch] that beareth fruit, he cleanseth it, that it may bear more fruit.
4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; so neither can ye, except ye abide in me.
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same beareth much fruit: for apart from me ye can do nothing.
6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatsoever ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; and so shall ye be my disciples.

This passage speaks of Christ as the Vine and His disciples the branches. These are two distinct and separate entities in this passage, meaning the two remain distinct in spiritual reality as well. Yes or no?
See post #9 for clarification

Reactions: APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Either you understand these verses or not HIH. I cannot really help you. It has to come from within you, from the Spirit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edward Gordon

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 12:12-13 KJV
[12] For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. [13] For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

No good. Edward does not honor the epistles as the word of God.
Just following Christ is not sufficient. It makes one still afar from being in and being Christ

"Being in" and "being" Christ are two separate positions. One is Biblically sound, the other is not.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Edward is off the rails.. in his doctrine he separates himself from the body, even though I am not a fan of the RCC I still acknowledge them as part of that body.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Edward is off the rails.. in his doctrine he separates himself from the body, even though I am not a fan of the RCC I still acknowledge them as part of that body.

I would most certainly consider the apostles as part of His body, and if Edward does not consider the New Testament epistles they wrote to be the word of God then it must mean he thinks they were operating outside of it, at least in this, while he himself operates within it.

Reactions: Waiting on him

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
either you are Christ, or you perish
Did you die on the cross? Was your blood pure enough to cleanse the sins of the world?

What in this case makes it clear to you that you are Christ?

Matthew 24:5 says this:

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

That means you're not and you can't be.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Status
Not open for further replies.