WE ARE NOT SAVED BY WORKS...WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People say that we are not saved by works.
That there is nothing that we do on our own that can save us.
People say this all the time...but is it true...or does the statement mean something that is misunderstood. Lets put in motion.

Billy is not a Christian. He is sitting on his couch watching a football game. Happy go luck and he is not thinking about Christianity and the only thing he is doing is eating chips and drinking tea.

So the question is, how does Billy get saved without works?...He is not thinking anything in particular and not doing anything. So how does it happen?

Reactions: April_Rose

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the question is, how does Billy get saved without works?...He is not thinking anything in particular and not doing anything. So how does it happen?

Acts of the Apostles 16:31
...Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Then the works follow upon increasing in the knowledge of God out of scripture:

Colossians 1:9-10 KJVS
[9] For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; [10] That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts of the Apostles 16:31
...Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Then the works follow upon increasing in the knowledge of God out of scripture:

Colossians 1:9-10 KJVS
[9] For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; [10] That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God
I know that this might be considered a work but...we need to start from the beginning...
How does Billy first consider Christianity?
If he is not thinking about it, how does that change?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By someone telling him the good news of salvation in Christ.

Then he can either believe or not believe.
Is this biblical . YES IT IS . FOR HOW shall they HEAR lest one be sent .
I SHUN TO HADES HELL AND THE FLAMES THAT BURN and are not PUT OUT , the doctrines and ideals that many are going under .
AND THAT IDEA is , that there is no need to prolosytize . Man i just butchered the spelling of that word .
THINK about how reprobate many folks are becoming , when they preach that even believing is now a WORKS MENTALITLY .
PONDER THAT ONE . cause i see many going under it . IF one says BELIEVE IN JESUS , they even attack that now
as though somehow that means we are not trusting in CHRIST . IF you like i can name some names in private .
FOR Those who have often on other sites attacked me most as being a works man , THEY GOING UNDER THIS VERY DELUSION .
EVEN AS WE SPEAK . THEY FALSE . THEY know certain truths about the gospel , but they know neither the TRUTH or THE GOSPEL
For often they attack those that would remind we must be hearers and doers , as though we are trying to earn salvation .
YET if reminding folks that we must continue in JESUS , that we must continue to the end in CHRIST,
That we must be hearers and doers , That who we serve is whose we are , IS LEGALISM , THEN EVERY SINGLE APOSTEL
and JESUS HIMSELF ON EARTH and FROM HEAVEN would all be legalistic . TALK about a delusion .
YET MANY ARE FLOODING INTO it as we speak . SOON they will go in the flow of the all inclusive lie .
AND SORROW ALONE feels my heart for them . BUT EXPOSE THEM WE MUST .

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that this might be considered a work but...we need to start from the beginning...
Same as it was for me . GOD ALONE PUTS IT INTO THEIR HEARTS .
AS HE DID INTO MINE .
I did not bring myself to faith in JESUS , nor did i change my heart direction . GOD DID .

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Grailhunter

I grew up with knowledge of Jesus. I heard some of the Bible stories growing up; I saw some Bible based movies. I even visited some churches in my youth. But I remember not wanting to be a regular church goer because I knew by instinct that I would have to let go of somethings I liked doing back then. It wasn’t that I did not believe the Bible stories, but I just didn’t want to be a church person. I never read scripture growing up. I suppose I heard some scripture in the churches and movies. I believed, but I didn’t want to commit to the church routine.

Then years later when my world crumbled around me I bought a Bible and started to read it. By the time I got to my second reading I was on the road to conversion. And I am thankful for his word because the churches and many of its members are corrupt. I soon realized this the more I read and learned the scriptures and remembered the churches I visited the past.

Anyway, sorry for rambling.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Grailhunter

I grew up with knowledge of Jesus. I heard some of the Bible stories growing up; I saw some Bible based movies. I even visited some churches in my youth. But I remember not wanting to be a regular church goer because I knew by instinct that I would have to let go of somethings I liked doing back then. It wasn’t that I did not believe the Bible stories, but I just didn’t want to be a church person. I never read scripture growing up. I suppose I heard some scripture in the churches and movies. I believed, but I didn’t want to commit to the church routine.

Then years later when my world crumbled around me I bought a Bible and started to read it. By the time I got to my second reading I was on the road to conversion. And I am thankful for his word because the churches and many of its members are corrupt. I soon realized this the more I read and learned the scriptures and remembered the churches I visited the past.

Anyway, sorry for rambling.
Sounds just like i once was . I guarantee i can tell you what it was you did not want to let go of .
Cause it was the same for me . AND EVEN JESUS says why folks wont come to Him .
I knew what i was hearing in a sense was true , but i just did not want to give up what i loved , my life in this world , MY SIN .
AND that alone is why even JESUS says folks wont COME TO HIM . THEY LOVE DARKNESS , SIN rather than truth .
THEY dont want to come lest their sins be reproved . I was not ready to give up my sinful lifestyle .
OH but praise GOD for grace . Years upon years later , HE would give me a whole new heart and new desires .
The reason we did not come to Christ , was we loved our sin , we wanted to live THIS LIFE for US .
Facts are facts and the truth is the truth . AND THOUGH i am ashamed of those wicked things NOW ,
I remind us of truth . PRAISE GOD for HIS MERCY is all i can say . And now i do warn
others within even the churches , FOR many are as i once was , in love with THIS LIFE , this WORLD , ITS AFFECTIONS .
And i warn them YOU better heed the SPIRIT and COTINUE IN CHRIST TO THE END . FOR WE are made partakers of CHRIST
IF WE HOLD our confidence in HIM , FIRM TO THE END . THAT WE MUST BE HEARERS AND DOERS
and not to deceive ourselves as I ONCE DID DECIEVE MY SELF . THE warnings must not be omitted , THEY INSTEAD MUST BE INCREASED .
FOR IF we have the SPIRIT , WE WOULD SOUND LIKE and AGREE WITH CHRIST and the apostels . AND THEY ALL WARNED
that we must continue to the END , that we must be hearers and DOERS of the word .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OH its a work all right . BUT ITS THE WORK and WORKING OF GOD that brings us to saving faith . For a conversion
is BY GOD . BUT IF THE CONVERSION IS FROM GOD , Its real . and we then become His workman ship , created unto GOOD WORKS
and fleeing evil works . And we sure would , BY THAT SAME SPIRIT warn folks , YOU BETTER CONTINUE TO THE END IN CHRIST
or prepare to be told , DEPART FROM ME .
I lived such a dead false faith once . PRAISE GOD for the true faith. WHICH led me to the TRUE JESUS
and gave me a new heart . PUTTING ME RIGHT INTO the BIBLE to learn and grow by HIS SPIRIT .
SO many sound nothing like Christ did or the apostels did . That scares me big time for them .
Cause i know they are as lost as i once was . FOR I TOO could say i believed in JESUS , but my works , my fruit
proved me a LIAR . PEROID . IF it offends folks that i speak truth , i sorrow for them . BUT I WILL PRAISE MY GOD
and FATHER OF MY LORD AND SAVOIR JESUS CHRIST . All i can do , is by the SPIRIT , warn and remind folks
to learn the true biblical JESUS to learn what the apostels wrote . WHICH MEANS ONE THING . OPEN BIBLES and start reading .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OH but praise GOD for grace . Years upon years later , HE would give me a whole new heart and new desires

I am so thankful to the LORD that he gave me time to come to him in truth.

2 Peter 3:15
...the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you

I was a benefactor of this scripture. It witnesses to me every single time I read it. God is so wonderful and patient. And now I have to allow for others to come. At times when I complain in my heart as to why all this evil continues, I remember to be patient and guard from bitterness because I don’t want to be the one described here:

Romans 2:4
Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Reactions: amigo de christo

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By someone telling him the good news of salvation in Christ.

Then he can either believe or not believe.
So he either get the information...
By way of someone telling, or seeing on TV, or radio...
So at this point some tells him or sees it or hear it.
So either way someone is doing something...is this do.... a work by someone?

Then he thinks about it and chooses to look into it or he believes right there...is this do...a work?

So what is next?

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am so thankful to the LORD that he gave me time to come to him in truth.

2 Peter 3:15
...the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you

I was a benefactor of this scripture. It witnesses to me every single time I read it. God is so wonderful and patient. And now I have to allow for others to come. At times when I complain in my heart as to why all this evil continues, I remember to be patient and guard from bitterness because I don’t want to be the one described here:

Romans 2:4
Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
Our sense of urgency must increase , but so long as our hearts desire is for the good of them , because we desire none to perish .
I mean look how serious and grave them apostels were . AND YET we know their desire was only good for the people .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So is this a do...a work by someone.
Yes . BY GOD . LET THE KING BE PRAISED .
But soo too we would who are saved by HIM be telling others , BE DOERS of the word and not hearers only , deceiving your own selves .
Arise and let the glorious LORD be praised . A hearer only has decieved themselves , As i once did .
Most folks would agree that the SPIRIT works through all the members , YET when one by the same SPIRIT bids them TO DO
or NOT TO DO , they call it legalism . VERY SCARY TIMES we live in . WOuld you not agree . VERY troubling and very scary times
FOR MANY . not for me . I have my peace and i desire only the same for others . TO KNOW and LOVE , TO LEARN and OBEY
the one true JESUS and not the jesus of mens creation . FOR that jesus , take note that j is not capitalized , IS another jesus .
AND that one saves none . it saves none . OH but the JESUS of THE BOOK , yes as in THE BIBLE . NOW THAT JESUS saves .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So he either get the information...
By way of someone telling, or seeding on TV, or radio...
So at this point some tells him or sees it or hear it.
So either way someone is doing something...is this do.... a work by someone?

Then he thinks about it and chooses to look into it or he believes right there...is this do...a work?

So what is next?
OH its a work all right . The working of the SPIRIT by men who do know HIM . Telling and reminding others TO DO .
But again most folks see this as legalism . Scary times we are living in . Many are deceived .
I often get attacked for telling folks to do or not to do . For many men have well trained many to see
anyone who would warn or remind to do or not to do as being legalistic . WHEN IN TRUTH , its simply
by the same SPIRIT that had paul and others warn to do or not to do . HIGHLY deceptive and troublesome days we are living in today .

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OH its a work all right . The working of the SPIRIT by men who do know HIM . Telling and reminding others TO DO .
But again most folks see this as legalism . Scary times we are living in . Many are deceived .
I often get attacked for telling folks to do or not to do . For many men have well trained many to see
anyone who would warn or remind to do or not to do as being legalistic . WHEN IN TRUTH , its simply
by the same SPIRIT that had paul and others warn to do or not to do . HIGHLY deceptive and troublesome days we are living in today .

So we got a work by others.
So is his decision to believe a do...a work he has to do to be saved?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have zero idea what you are trying to say . Word it again so i can answer it . You are loved my friend . I just dont know
what you are trying to say .

Billy makes a decision to believe...belief in Christ is a requirement for salvation. So is this a do....a work....something he did that started the process of being saved.

Keep in mind as we go a long that, it is said that works do not save you.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Billy makes a decision to believe...belief in Christ is a requirement for salvation. So is this a do....a work....something he did that started the process of being saved.

Keep in mind as we go a long that, it is said that works do not save you.
NO man can come unto me , LEST the FATHER draw HIM . I did not lead myself to JESUS , GOD DREW ME TO HIM .