"We fight not against flesh and blood" is strictly New Testament!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point being... Why are so many during this day and age not on board with these spiritual times?

Ephesians 6:12
"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places."

Jesus was the Last of the former day, the life and times of the house of Israel, and these are now the times of the gentiles, the time of God pouring out His spirit upon all flesh. He left us with the sword of His word, told us it was spirit. Paul told us to take it up, and that we fight not against flesh and blood. This is suppose to be the order of the day.

What then is the problem? Why do so many want the end to be the glory of the flesh, rather than the spirit of God?

Can you not let "the beggarly elements" go? Is "the old man" still in charge of your life?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The point being... Why are so many during this day and age not on board with these spiritual times?

Ephesians 6:12
"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places."

Jesus was the Last of the former day, the life and times of the house of Israel, and these are now the times of the gentiles, the time of God pouring out His spirit upon all flesh. He left us with the sword of His word, told us it was spirit. Paul told us to take it up, and that we fight not against flesh and blood. This is suppose to be the order of the day.

What then is the problem? Why do so many want the end to be the glory of the flesh, rather than the spirit of God?

Can you not let "the beggarly elements" go? Is "the old man" still in charge of your life?

That's right. The church is supposed to be a spiritual powerhouse that displaces the evil principalities in heavenly places.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"We fight not against flesh and blood" is strictly New Testament!
Is that since Guru ScottA made that ruling? So to show that you are clearly mistaken let's look at some OT Scriptures.

2 KINGS 6
8 Then the king of Syria warred against Israel, and took counsel with his servants, saying, In such and such a place shall be my camp.
9 And the man of God sent unto the king of Israel, saying, Beware that thou pass not such a place; for thither the Syrians are come down.
10 And the king of Israel sent to the place which the man of God told him and warned him of, and saved himself there, not once nor twice.
11 Therefore the heart of the king of Syria was sore troubled for this thing; and he called his servants, and said unto them, Will ye not shew me which of us is for the king of Israel?
12 And one of his servants said, None, my lord, O king: but Elisha, the prophet that is in Israel, telleth the king of Israel the words that thou speakest in thy bedchamber.
13 And he said, Go and spy where he is, that I may send and fetch him. And it was told him, saying, Behold, he is in Dothan.
14 Therefore sent he thither horses, and chariots, and a great host: and they came by night, and compassed the city about.
15 And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?
16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.

17 And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that since Guru ScottA made that ruling? So to show that you are clearly mistaken let's look at some OT Scriptures.

2 KINGS 6
8 Then the king of Syria warred against Israel, and took counsel with his servants, saying, In such and such a place shall be my camp.
9 And the man of God sent unto the king of Israel, saying, Beware that thou pass not such a place; for thither the Syrians are come down.
10 And the king of Israel sent to the place which the man of God told him and warned him of, and saved himself there, not once nor twice.
11 Therefore the heart of the king of Syria was sore troubled for this thing; and he called his servants, and said unto them, Will ye not shew me which of us is for the king of Israel?
12 And one of his servants said, None, my lord, O king: but Elisha, the prophet that is in Israel, telleth the king of Israel the words that thou speakest in thy bedchamber.
13 And he said, Go and spy where he is, that I may send and fetch him. And it was told him, saying, Behold, he is in Dothan.
14 Therefore sent he thither horses, and chariots, and a great host: and they came by night, and compassed the city about.
15 And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?
16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.

17 And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.
Your comment has the stench of rivalry or disdain. Nonetheless, the fact that these things were always so, was not my point - but thanks for raising the bar.

My point - and then hopefully, there will be time for yours - was "However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual." "And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit." Which times should be apparent, but are not. "For more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married woman,” says the Lord."

Now then, yes, since even the former times of the children of Adam where the Lord God manifest all things in the flesh, were also manifest in the likeness of the spirit even then...how then is it that now having entered into those times born of the spirit, that so many prefer to linger in the flesh? How is it that "the old man" who died, yet lives, while the spirit and "the new man" sleep?

Jesus told his disciples three times to remain awake, to "Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation." But they could not, and here now are their children.

Last edited:
B

Butterfly

Scott I think I agree with what you are saying, but not sure - I believe that the spiritual battle has always been there ( I like the first chapter of job ) but it was only when he Holy Spirit came that we were in a position of being able to be aware of it more, and be actively involved in that battle
Is that basically what you are saying, this would make a difference between the old and the new testament and the age that started post ascension x
If you are not saying that, then it obviously will mean I don't agree !! Lol
Rita