We must repent of sin.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul makes it clear that his purpose is to get the believers in Corinth to repent of sins that they have committed in 2 Corinthians 12:20-21...

2Co 12:20, For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults:
2Co 12:21, And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.

Clearly, his goal is for the Corinthian believers to repent of "uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness" and he hopes that they will do that before he arrives among them in his third visit to them.

It should be clear that "uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness" are sins...

I find it interesting that Paul mentions that those who had not repented of these sins would engage with Paul in
debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, swellings, whisperings, and tumults.

This is what I see among those who have not repented of their sins and who want to engage in debates about how repentance isn't really necessary....while in those debates they most often resort to ad hominem attacks on the person who is bringing to them the truth of holy scripture....saying that we are preaching a FALSE and PERVERTED gospel when in all reality our gospel is
true and wholesome, while their gospel of "grace as a license for immorality" is truly a gospel that is FALSE and PERVERTED.

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul makes it clear that his purpose is to get the believers in Corinth to repent of sins that they have committed in 2 Corinthians 12:20-21...

2Co 12:20, For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults:
2Co 12:21, And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.

Clearly, his goal is for the Corinthian believers to repent of "uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness" and he hopes that they will do that before he arrives among them in his third visit to them.

It should be clear that "uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness" are sins...

I find it interesting that Paul mentions that those who had not repented of these sins would engage with Paul in
debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, swellings, whisperings, and tumults.

This is what I see among those who have not repented of their sins and who want to engage in debates about how repentance isn't really necessary....while in those debates they most often resort to ad hominem attacks on the person who is bringing to them the truth of holy scripture....saying that we are preaching a FALSE and PERVERTED gospel when in all reality our gospel is
true and wholesome, while their gospel of "grace as a license for immorality" is truly a gospel that is FALSE and PERVERTED.

Tell me !! Tell me NOW!! Who “IS”this dastardly individual ? You get the Tar— I’ll get the Feathers!!
I bet it’s one if those Dudes who promotes such Blasphemies as “ Nothing But The Blood”, and “ Resting in the Gospel Of Grace” .....
Don't hesitate ! Call this Reprobate out, and do it now !! Grrrr.....

Reactions: HisLife and marks

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me !! Tell me NOW!! Who “IS”this dastardly individual ? You get the Tar— I’ll get the Feathers!!
I bet it’s one if those Dudes who promotes such Blasphemies as “ Nothing But The Blood”, and “ Resting in the Gospel Of Grace” .....
Don't hesitate ! Call this Reprobate out, and do it now !! Grrrr.....
Throw a rock into a pack of dogs; and the dog that barks the loudest is the one that got hit.

Reactions: Wynona

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And of course it is "Nothing but the blood"...

The blood of Jesus does not only justify us (as per Romans 5:9)...it also sanctifies us (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7).

I don't think that it can really be applied and not perform all of its functions.

For example, it cannot sanctify and cleanse a man and also not justify him.

Likewise, it cannot justify a man and also not sanctify him and cleanse him from all sin.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
cleanse him from all sin.

Hmmmmm......Seeing how the Practicing Of sin is vanquished from the life of the Believer , I guess God’s entire plan of Chastisement is something he just does out of cruelty ...Punishing a man for something that he no longer is guilty of ? That’s Cruelty ......that does not sound like the God that I know...
“ Cleansed from all sin?”........hmmmmm.....James said “ We all Stumble”.Must have been a misprint....
“ Cleansed from all Sin?”.......Paul told certain Believers too go easy on other Believers that had been “ OVERTAKEN in SIN”, because they were no better than the other guy —- in fact, THEY might be NEXT to be caught up in Sin....
Sure sounds to me like even a Blood Bought, Born Again , New Creation in Christ can foolishly give in to temptations at times and sin quite similar to an Unregenerated man......but that’s just me....
Believers indeed are “ Cleansed” from Sin....They are not “ Excluded” from it.....that's why God has ways of dealing with it—- He takes you to his “ Woodshed”, as the great Bible Teacher J.Vernon McGee used to put it....McGee had it right.....I guess you know better.....ain’t nobody gonna Teach “ You” Nuthin’.....right ?

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“ Cleansed from all Sin?”.......Paul told certain Believers too go easy on other Believers that had been “ OVERTAKEN in SIN”, because they were no better than the other guy —- in fact, THEY might be NEXT to be caught up in Sin....
There is a world of confusion over this idea that once we are reborn we will never have sin problems again. Being born from God doesn't change our flesh, and we remain in conflict with our flesh as long as it remains unchanged.

Some people read these passages, Whosoever is born of God sins not, and they apply that to the flesh. But the flesh is born of Adam, the spirit is born of God.

So people try to figure out how it is that they are supposed to be not sinning AT ALL EVER (do these people actually realize what that would really mean? Not a moment of less then absolute love for God and man . . . no, I don't think they do) and how to understand their lives when they trust in Jesus yet still commit sins.

It's a hopeless dichotomy unless we can come to understand the reality of what Jesus did. He separated us from our flesh but left us in it. He gave us a new spirit, but left us in conflict.

When we realize we are in the process of God Himself fixing us, we can rest and trust. When we believe that God did His part and Now the rest is up to us . . . this produces a legalistic life of fear and failure.

Either God's Spirit is santifying us, in His way, in His time, in His power, to His glory, or we are trying to do it ourselves. For what, our glory?

Come to Me, all who are weary, and heavily laden, and I will give you rest! That's what He said, rest!

Much love!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmmmm......Seeing how the Practicing Of sin is vanquished from the life of the Believer , I guess God’s entire plan of Chastisement is something he just does out of cruelty .

See Hebrews 12:11. the purpose of chastisement is to bring a person to bearing the peaceable fruit of righteousness. Once that happens, there is no more need for chastisement.

“ Cleansed from all sin?”........hmmmmm.....James said “ We all Stumble”.

See Jude 1:24, 2 Peter 1:10, 1 John 2:10.

"cleansed from all sin" (1 John 1:7) must have been a misprint...

“ Cleansed from all sin?”........hmmmmm.....James said “ We all Stumble” Must have been a misprint....
“ Cleansed from all Sin?”.......Paul told certain Believers too go easy on other Believers that had been “ OVERTAKEN in SIN”, because they were no better than the other guy —- in fact, THEY might be NEXT to be caught up in Sin...

Sounds like you are trying to rationalize and to justify your lifestyle of sinning.

Being born from God doesn't change our flesh, and we remain in conflict with our flesh as long as it remains unchanged.

Consider.

Rom 8:23, And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Gal 4:5, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
Gal 4:6, And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
Gal 4:7, Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

1Th 5:23, And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Th 5:24, Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Rom 8:10, And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Rom 8:11, But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Rom 8:12, Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
Rom 8:13, For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wynona

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like you are trying to rationalize and to justify your lifestyle of sinning.

It might just “sound” that way to a Common man that lacks Spiritual insight and a man who is not really “ dumb” but just a guy whose intelligence is limited....
You “ Assume” that I live like the Devil.....I hope you are familiar with what happens to those that “ ASSume”......
Just because I am smart enough and honest enough to admit it, and possess the insight to “ SEE” that I am a Sinner does NOT mean that I condone it . Any time I give in to my old Adamic nature out of weakness or stupidity , it comes back to bite me in the You-know-what.....
Back when I was in the Fourth Grade, I had a sweet teacher that always told us students , “You can’t do wrong and get by”..... that was true then and it is true now.....I have said that ever since I received my New Heart That “ Sinning is just about as pleasurable to me as sticking my hand in a fire”.....
I hate sin, but as long as am in this Flesh body , it’s gonna happen...if not in deed at least in thought and then there are those pesky “ Sins Of Omission” that nobody ever wants to talk about....why not just admit the Common Sense knowledge that we will be sinners until we get our New Bodies “ over there”......until that day comes , we are covered by the Amazing Grace of God....When we realize the Holiness and Majesty Of our God when we see him face- to- face, we are going to see how truly Wretched we all truly were in comparison to Him and how much we needed that Grace just as vitally on the day that we died as the day that we got Saved.....DESPITE how “holy” we may have thought we had become over a lifetime of Sanctification.....
Many an Old Testament character got to “ meet” God.The typical reaction to those encounters were “ Woe is me.I am undone.” But for the Blood Of Jesus, That would be the correct reaction now.God is everything....man is a worm.....it’s only the Blood Of Jesus and the Grace of God that gets us anywhere—- especially Heaven ......we should never forget that....Some posters out there really need to “ get over themselves”...... your personal “holiness” is a joke......if you have been blessed enough to have Faith , any “holiness” that you have that will count for anything has been “ Imputed” to you , just like your “ Righteousness”......get some true humility ....and some Common Sense....you were born a Sinner and are going to die a Sinner.....thank God for His Mercy and thank God for His Grace — it’s ALL you really got going for you .....and even “ THAT “ was a Gift.....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The love of the Lord, which is the bond of perfectness (Colossians 3:14), has been shed abroad in the heart of the born again believer (Romans 5:5).

Thus, the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in those who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit (Romans 8:4).

It is faithful to say that this righteousness is not our own...

However, that it is practical in our lives, ought to be evident in such verses as 1 John 3:7, Romans 5:19, and Matthew 5:6.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See Hebrews 12:11. the purpose of chastisement is to bring a person to bearing the peaceable fruit of righteousness. Once that happens, there is no more need for chastisement.

See Jude 1:24, 2 Peter 1:10, 1 John 2:10.

Consider.

Rom 8:23, And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Gal 4:5, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
Gal 4:6, And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
Gal 4:7, Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

1Th 5:23, And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Th 5:24, Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Rom 8:10, And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Rom 8:11, But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Rom 8:12, Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
Rom 8:13, For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Does this mean then that you are expecting the corruption to be removed from your flesh prior to rapture/resurrection? Or that this has already happened for you?

Much love!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I actually liked where you were going with the OP until I read your last paragraph. You have made a judgment only God can make upon who has or has not repented of their sins on this board.

hope this helps !!!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does this mean then that you are expecting the corruption to be removed from your flesh prior to rapture/resurrection? Or that this has already happened for you?

Much love!

If I said that it had already happened to me, it would be the evidence that it has not yet happened in me.

But because I do not consider myself to have apprehended, that makes me a candidate for "perfection" (Philippians 3:15 and context).

But clearly, the adoption is the redemption of the body; and clearly, it is something that the Lord can do in you in this life...for clearly, Paul said that the Galatians were (already) adopted sons; and by definition this means that they had the redemption of the body.

I actually liked where you were going with the OP until I read your last paragraph. You have made a judgment only God can make upon who has or has not repented of their sins on this board.

hope this helps !!!

It is a judgment that I can make (1 Corinthians 6:1-2).

It is also a judgment that has been made by the holy scriptures in question.

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
gospel of "grace as a license for immorality" is truly a gospel that is FALSE and PERVERTED.

I don't preach this.....I know nobody on here that does ....it’s just your old Fall Back Line that has no Truth to it.....you prefer to concoct a diversionary lie rather than confront the Biblical Truths that I reveal to you.....you are either blind to the Truth Of The Gospel or just too “ Stiff - Necked” to admit that you have encountered somebody in here that is wiser than you , and has been blessed by God with a better understanding of all things Biblical.....
Personally,I am NOTHING....But over the last 40 years or so I have been blessed by God to be exposed to and taught by the Best Biblical Teachers on the planet.....God- Sent , blessed Teachers that God gives to His True Children to Untwist and expose False and Perverted ,so- called “ Gospels” that preach Works instead of Grace....
Your Crapola is all Bad News....what I got is all Good News...it’s NOT about what you do for God , when it comes to Salvation......It’s what God has done for Sinful Lost Men.....understanding the difference means Heaven or Hell ......maybe even YOU will understand some day.....if and when that day should arrive , you outta take a hike in the meantime....We can only guess how many attempted Walks Of Faith have been ship- wrecked by your False Gospel That unlearned Newbies can fall prey to.....
When you have never studied the Bible enough to “ Rightly Divide” and to prove yourself to become a “Good Student” Of The Word, as God orders, one is likely to be floundering about and willing to grasp hold of Anything that sounds Religious...they are very susceptible to “ ear ticklers” that show you how to be “ Co-Saviors” with Jesus via various means, mainly “Lucky Repentance”......JBF can fill you in on the details of that......

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you have never studied the Bible enough to “ Rightly Divide” and to prove yourself to become a “Good Student” Of The Word,

Now you are driving me to boast in a form of self-defense, as was the case with Paul in 2 Corinthians 11...

I will say that my Bible reading for at least ten years now has been that I have read through all of the epistles once per week (that would be 520 times in the past ten years), the gospels, Acts and Revelation about once per month (120 times in the past ten years), all of Psalms twice per month (240 times in ten years), all of Proverbs twice per month (240 times in ten years); and the rest of the Bible at a generally slower rate.

And I have also been reading my Bible for over 40 years, if you count the years that I read it before I was redeemed...I have been redeemed since the end of 1989.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't preach this.....I know nobody on here that does ....it’s just your old Fall Back Line that has no Truth to it.....you prefer to concoct a diversionary lie rather than confront the Biblical Truths that I reveal to you..
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this...

I know that I don't like to be told that I preach a gospel of works, as that is truly a diversionary lie that is spread by the likes of you about the gospel that I preach...

So, until you make the mistake of showing forth the reality by what you say that you believe in a gospel that teaches that grace is a license for immorality, I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

While, to those who desire to sin, when you say that "you can do whatever you want and still be forgiven," it translates into grace as a license for sin.

You need, I think, to make it more clear in your teaching, by saying that, if what you want to do is sin, that this means that you are not saved; and that therefore the concept of "I can do whatever I want and still be forgiven" applies only to the redeemed who only desire to do righteousness and not sin, with all of their hearts.

Otherwise, you are teaching that even if I desire to sin, I can do whatever I want and still be forgiven...

Which translates into grace as a license for immorality.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally,I am NOTHING....But over the last 40 years or so I have been blessed by God to be exposed to and taught by the Best Biblical Teachers on the planet.....God- Sent , blessed Teachers that God gives to His True Children to Untwist and expose False and Perverted ,so- called “ Gospels” that preach Works instead of Grace...

You have heaped to yourself teachers to tell you what your itching ears want to hear (2 Timothy 4:3).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...understanding the difference means Heaven or Hell ......maybe even YOU will understand some day.....if and when that day should arrive , you outta take a hike in the meantime....We can only guess how many attempted Walks Of Faith have been ship- wrecked by your False Gospel That unlearned Newbies can fall prey to..
Nobody's walk of faith has been "shipwrecked" by what I preach, ever...

People who attempt a walk of faith will be brought to the end of themselves by what I preach...

For what I am preaching is conducive towards a person realizing that he cannot do it in his own strength.

The fact that he will attempt to walk the walk of faith in his own strength is "given" in the fact that this is the default of the flesh...

When a person is shown that he must be practically righteous even as Jesus is righteous in order to prove that he is born again (1 John 3:7), it will be conducive to that person understanding that he needs the righteousness of faith and that this is the only thing that is going to cut it.

I preach the whole counsel of God which includes the law as a schoolmaster to lead men to Christ.

Therefore, as I go forth weeping, bearing precious seed, you can be certain that I am going to come again rejoicing, bringing my sheaves with me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Charlie24

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are either blind to the Truth Of The Gospel or just too “ Stiff - Necked” to admit that you have encountered somebody in here that is wiser than you ,

Pro 26:12, Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.

I consider that as concerning what we do in our personal lives, you may in fact be wiser than me; while it is also true that the Lord has given me the spiritual gift of "word of wisdom" (which has been prophesied over me with the laying of the hands of the presbytery)...

So that I can often speak things that are wiser than what might be spoken by others.

But I consider that in my personal life I am not wise at all.

For I consider the following to be a reality.

Ecc 2:15, Then said I in my heart, As it happeneth to the fool, so it happeneth even to me; and why was I then more wise? Then I said in my heart, that this also is vanity.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But clearly, the adoption is the redemption of the body; and clearly, it is something that the Lord can do in you in this life...for clearly, Paul said that the Galatians were (already) adopted sons; and by definition this means that they had the redemption of the body.
Are you thinking of this part?

Galatians 4:4-7 KJV
4) But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5) To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6) And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
7) Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

I think of this as a parallel passage:

Romans 8:14-17 KJV
14) For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15) For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16) The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17) And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Romans 8:22-23 KJV
22) For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23) And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

So that we are adopted spiritually, with the body to follow at our resurrection/rapture.

Much love!

Last edited: