We Must Stay Positive

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
“We Must Stay Positive”
Philippians 4:8 NLT
And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.

I’m finding myself lately becoming more and more challenged to focus on things that keep me positive about life. Some days, things are going okay. But then other days, it seems like every time I turn around there’s a challenge and some of those challenges are very difficult to deal with. When life gets frustrating, it’s so very easy to let myself focus on everything that isn’t going well. When I do this, it then becomes very easy to not focus on all that God has given to me through various blessings.

The challenges in life will never stop. We will always face things that tempt us to only focus on the negative. I have been thinking about this passage a lot lately. The Apostle Paul knew what he was talking about when giving this encouragement to fix our thoughts always on things that are excellent and worthy of praise. The enemy prowls around waiting to pull us down and turn our thoughts toward negative things.

So many of us have dealt with and continue to deal with so many challenges that come our way. Some of these challenges continue to really test our faith and allegiance to God as we decide to trust in Him or go our own way.

I was just talking to my oldest daughter earlier today about how we are all dealing with various challenges and discouragement. It’s so easy for us to focus on all the negative things happening. But then I encouraged her and shared how I was trying so hard every day to focus on all the things that are positive and are going well. I’m trying to focus on the blessings God is giving and trying so hard not to think about the challenges and frustrations that are present.

We must all do our best to make the best out of everything we deal with in life. It is not easy sometimes and requires a change of attitude often. So much can pull us down, but we must remain strong and fixed on Christ. We have to be intentional about fixing our thoughts on positive things. We must always strive to keep our attitude on praising God, no matter what we are dealing with.

I want to encourage all of us to stay positive and strive every day to keep our attitude in check and to remember God is with us no matter what we experience. His blessings are always present and He continues to take care of us and lead us. We must stay positive and trust.

Blessings to you all as you strive to fix your thoughts on all that is excellent and worthy of praise!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I can do this, in Messiah. Looking neither to the left nor the right, I look straight ahead. I do not look down. The pain does not mean that I'm dying. I will be here every day that He wants me here. I already did die and He brought me back. I have nothing to be concerned about. I must use my tools. Thanks, brother.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I notice first on the list in Phil 4:8 is 'whatsoever things are true'. Actually I don't even see the word 'positive' in the list.

Philippians 4:8 (KJV) Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and the temptations and persecutions.

positive positivity is worldly self righteous philosophy of, if you're positive in attitude then your a good person.

if you want to believe that then you deserve to be conned. anybody wanting your money and or trust will present themselves with a positive attitude.

honesty and integrity are values a follower in Christ should consider.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So many of us have dealt with and continue to deal with so many challenges that come our way. Some of these challenges continue to really test our faith and allegiance to God as we decide to trust in Him or go our own way.

And all of these things are working for our good.

If we truly had a handle on what was really happening with us, we would be doing just what God said, glorying (rejoiceful boasting) in tribulation, knowing that it is giving us endurance to go through whatever is coming, and it is giving us life experience that demonstrates God's love and promise. And it is giving hope - as we see all God has brought us through, we grow more and more certain He will bring us all the way home.

When the next contrary thing happens, remember, it's here to help!

Much love!

Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
And all of these things are working for our good.

If we truly had a handle on what was really happening with us, we would be doing just what God said, glorying (rejoiceful boasting) in tribulation, knowing that it is giving us endurance to go through whatever is coming, and it is giving us life experience that demonstrates God's love and promise. And it is giving hope - as we see all God has brought us through, we grow more and more certain He will bring us all the way home.

When the next contrary thing happens, remember, it's here to help!

Much love!
@marks I am reminded of Romans 8.28: "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“We Must Stay Positive”
And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.

I’m finding myself lately becoming more and more challenged to focus on things that keep me positive about life. Some days, things are going okay. But then other days, it seems like every time I turn around there’s a challenge and some of those challenges are very difficult to deal with. When life gets frustrating, it’s so very easy to let myself focus on everything that isn’t going well. When I do this, it then becomes very easy to not focus on all that God has given to me through various blessings.

The challenges in life will never stop. We will always face things that tempt us to only focus on the negative. I have been thinking about this passage a lot lately. The Apostle Paul knew what he was talking about when giving this encouragement to fix our thoughts always on things that are excellent and worthy of praise. The enemy prowls around waiting to pull us down and turn our thoughts toward negative things.

I was just talking to my oldest daughter earlier today about how we are all dealing with various challenges and discouragement. It’s so easy for us to focus on all the negative things happening. But then I encouraged her and shared how I was trying so hard every day to focus on all the things that are positive and are going well. I’m trying to focus on the blessings God is giving and trying so hard not to think about the challenges and frustrations that are present.

We must all do our best to make the best out of everything we deal with in life. It is not easy sometimes and requires a change of attitude often. So much can pull us down, but we must remain strong and fixed on Christ. We have to be intentional about fixing our thoughts on positive things. We must always strive to keep our attitude on praising God, no matter what we are dealing with.

I want to encourage all of us to stay positive and strive every day to keep our attitude in check and to remember God is with us no matter what we experience. His blessings are always present and He continues to take care of us and lead us. We must stay positive and trust.

Blessings to you all as you strive to fix your thoughts on all that is excellent and worthy of praise!

Our joy is based on how close we stay to Jesus! Happiness can come and go, but if we are inf ellowship with god we can be filled with Joy even if very unhappy, or sad or down or anything. God is weaning us from trusting our emotions and trusting in what His Word says we already are and will be!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
positive positivity is worldly self righteous philosophy of, if you're positive in attitude then your a good person.

if you want to believe that then you deserve to be conned. anybody wanting your money and or trust will present themselves with a positive attitude.

I'm ok, you're ok. No really, you should be addressing the OP, I'm in agreement with what you said.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No we are the ones ( as followers of Jesus that is) who should truly have that positive mental attitude! We are okay, because of Him! It matters not what happens around us for if we trust in Him, we will experience Psalm 23 and be able to rest in the boat though a force 5 gale stirs all around us!

We are more than conquerors and should learn to live in the victory and positivity Jesus gained for us.

Reactions: Nancy

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No we are the ones ( as followers of Jesus that is) who should truly have that positive mental attitude! We are okay, because of Him! It matters not what happens around us for if we trust in Him, we will experience Psalm 23 and be able to rest in the boat though a force 5 gale stirs all around us!

We are more than conquerors and should learn to live in the victory and positivity Jesus gained for us.

see what you post here is deranged who said you are supposed to conqueror? conquerors take what others have. and psalm 23 was wirten by a man who understood that he was just keeping the seat (throne) warm for the owner, and was to defend Israel with and in the power of the Lord his God.

that positive positivity is nothing more than a disingenuous façade to get from others, as you attest to do, to take what they have like a conqueror.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Our joy is based on how close we stay to Jesus! Happiness can come and go, but if we are inf ellowship with god we can be filled with Joy even if very unhappy, or sad or down or anything. God is weaning us from trusting our emotions and trusting in what His Word says we already are and will be!
@Ronald Nolette The Epistle of Joy - Philippians - is such a tonic to read, over and over! :)

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
see what you post here is deranged who said you are supposed to conqueror? conquerors take what others have. and psalm 23 was wirten by a man who understood that he was just keeping the seat (throne) warm for the owner, and was to defend Israel with and in the power of the Lord his God.

that positive positivity is nothing more than a disingenuous façade to get from others, as you attest to do, to take what they have like a conqueror.

So you do not believe what God inspired in Romans?

Romans 8:37
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

You also do nto believe the Lord wil lnot lead you to still waters and green pasutres. YOu believe you have to fear evil in the valley of the shadow of death?

Okay if that is what you want, but as for me and my house we believe this:

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

You r last line shows you should never be a mind reader! You are absolutely lousy at it! :cool:

My positive positivity is due to the one who has made me His own and granted me eternal life and promised to never leave me nor forsake me! Sorry you wish to be miserable. You don't have to be.

Psalm51

Jun 23, 2021
the USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“We Must Stay Positive”

You said, "Some of these challenges continue to really test our faith and allegiance to God as we decide to trust in Him or go our own way."

This is at the heart of the matter my friend.

For this reason the "challenges and frustrations that are present" are blessings.

How blessed we should indeed consider ourselves! For being led to the Gospel and being allowed to prove ourselves to the LORD. My goodness, we know and profess the Messiah! All that happens to us on earth is indeed vanity, as the Preacher liked to say! I would say let us try to not conceptualize "positivity" as it relates to the flesh, but rather look at it from a Biblical perspective. That we may love Him, no matter what comes...

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am positive that He who began a good work in us will be faithful to complete it. He is faithful!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
- I can do all things in Christ, who gives me strength.
- The Lord is my strength and my song; He gives me the victory.
- I am confident of this, that He who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
upload_2021-8-12_22-55-42.png
- 2 Corinthians 4:17
I sing praise to God; He inhabits my praise; in His presence is fullness of joy; the joy of the Lord is my strength!
I put on the full armor of God; with the truth belt tight about my waist; the righteous breastplate fit firmly into place; my feet fitted with the gospel shoes of peace; I quench the evil one's fiery darts with the faith shield; with the salvation helmet on my head; I take up the Spirit's sword which is God's word; and the glory of the Lord is my rear guard!
I pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, I keep alert and always keep on praying for all the saints!
I am much more than an overcomer! Of this, I am positive!

Reactions: Wynona