We Need a HEROIC President—to save our (once Christian) nation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
[SIZE=20pt]We Need a HEROIC President—to save our country [/SIZE]

[SIZE=20pt]Steven Karson of The Wanderer has spoken of a need for an “American Cincinnatus” a president who would exert executive power to an extraordinary (but legitimate) degree to save the Constitution… [including] simply refusing to enforce Supreme Court decisions that are un-Constitutional (Roe v Wade is the worst...).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=20pt]“Anyone who thinks Trump could be… like such a figure… is sadly mistaken. Everything about his character and his runaway ego says the opposite.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=20pt]If there is anything Trump does not exude it is a sense of self-limitation.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=20pt]How should Catholics assess their choice for the Fall? There is no question that Hillary is unacceptable… Is Trump similarly unacceptable…? It’s not clear. He now claims to be against abortion, but with exceptions. It’s not so clear that he would favor making it illegal… which… is what defines a person as “pro-life.” His statements… suggest... that it’s an issue he hasn’t thought much about… suggesting it has not been important to him… [/SIZE]

[SIZE=20pt][Can] we expect a man who has no record of opposing the homosexualist movement, has been married 3 times, and has boasted about his many adulteries, to fervently and effectively lead the… fight to defend true marriage and the cause of the family? Can we expect a man who says he has never sought forgiveness from God to vigorously defend religious liberty and provide… moral leadership at a time when secularism is devastating American life? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=20pt]…What about the argument that Catholics somehow may be acting immorally by voting for a 3rd candidate…? Catholics are obliged to be involved in public affairs, but [there is no obligation] to vote for whoever can most likely beat an especially objectionable candidate [Hillary]… [regardless of the chances the 3rd party has of winning][/SIZE]

[SIZE=20pt]Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn said that Russia’s renewal would have to happen from the bottom up [must come from the People]. It’s probably the same for the US… [a] grassroots effort is crucial.”[/SIZE]

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is absolutely nothing in this post that has anything to do with Jesus or his kingdom. I hope the moderators will see it fit to delete it as it is nothing more than political propoganda.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Sorry but you will not find the "heroic" president you are lamenting about....the last chance was JFK, and we all know what the establishment did to him....and Oh yes he was a Roman Catholic which proves there are lots of very good people out there of the Roman Catholic faith, despite the religious system they labour under.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FHII said:
There is absolutely nothing in this post that has anything to do with Jesus or his kingdom. I hope the moderators will see it fit to delete it as it is nothing more than political propoganda.
This is a current events and politics forum, not a worship forum, or a doctrinal forum and this is exactly the correct place to express political opinion and hopefully from a biblically informed point of view.

Reactions: Dan57

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
Sorry but you will not find the "heroic" president you are lamenting about....the last chance was JFK, and we all know what the establishment did to him....and Oh yes he was a Roman Catholic which proves there are lots of very good people out there of the Roman Catholic faith, despite the religious system they labour under.
I thought that JFK was a good president and still do, but I wouldn't call a philanderer a good person and John Kennedy's less than moral behavior is well documented.

Reactions: Dan57

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With regard to the OP. I've chosen to give some small financial support as well as my voice to Evan Mcmullin as candidate for President. The man has a late start because he was serving administratively in the Republican party and became disenchanted with the choice of candidate, but has already managed to get on the ballot in some key states and authorized as a write in candidate in others. I can't say that he's a hero, but he certainly chose to serve his country "behind the lines" in Bush's war on terror as a CIA operative in their anti-terrorism unit. No one working for the CIA does so for recognition. CIA operatives who die in service to their country get a star on a plaque of fallen "heroes" on the wall of the lobby of CIA headquarters in Mclean VA, but it doesn't even list their names. I've looked at Evan's political statements on his web site: https://www.evanmcmullin.com/issues
but I'd like to hear him debate the other candidates to see how he handles himself with the sharks and the pundits. However, I don't believe that the parties will allow it.
Right after posting this for the first time I responded to a banner ad at the top of the page which was a poll on who we supposedly support for president. After clicking on the banner I was given the option of choosing Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump, and Gary Johnson. If you don't support any of these three then you can't be counted in the poll. Who says that the electorate isn't being disenfranchised by the money brokers?

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Michael V Pardo said:
I thought that JFK was a good president and still do, but I wouldn't call a philanderer a good person and John Kennedy's less than moral behavior is well documented.
Well documented? You believe in gossip apparently...it is easy to defame a person after they are dead.....he was a war hero, and guided the demon possessed nation of the USA through the cold war for three years of his life, and he was a devout family man...
Why did they kill him? He was a humanitarian person who cared for people wherever they are on the planet, and was disengaging from the establishment wars in Viet Nam and the cold war with the USSR, and actually became friends of the leader Krushchev, who shared JFK views on family values and preserving the planet...JFK also printed constitutional money through the Treasury Department, instead of the interest bearing banksters money under the Federal Reserve, bankster system...He tried to do things right, the establishment wouldn't allow it, and had to silence him....No president since that has had the courage, brains, moral fibre or any of the attributes it takes to make the USA and indeed the world a better place for the human race.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The USA has never been a Christian country. It may have had Christians but it also had non-christians and most of the early founding fathers we're actually Masonic not Christian.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
The USA has never been a Christian country. It may have had Christians but it also had non-christians and most of the early founding fathers we're actually Masonic not Christian.
And Canada never has been and never will be a "christian" nation....thanks kettle!
This is despite the fact in their Charter of Rights and freedoms, the preamble is "Canada is a country that recognizes the Supremacy of God, and the rule of law". Unfortunately they they do not follow either!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
Well documented? You believe in gossip apparently...it is easy to defame a person after they are dead.....he was a war hero, and guided the demon possessed nation of the USA through the cold war for three years of his life, and he was a devout family man...
Why did they kill him? He was a humanitarian person who cared for people wherever they are on the planet, and was disengaging from the establishment wars in Viet Nam and the cold war with the USSR, and actually became friends of the leader Krushchev, who shared JFK views on family values and preserving the planet...JFK also printed constitutional money through the Treasury Department, instead of the interest bearing banksters money under the Federal Reserve, bankster system...He tried to do things right, the establishment wouldn't allow it, and had to silence him....No president since that has had the courage, brains, moral fibre or any of the attributes it takes to make the USA and indeed the world a better place for the human race.
Well we can't ask Marilyn Monroe to come forward and talk about her relationship with John or with Bobby Kennedy, though if you take the time to search a little you'll find at least some of the photos taken of them together. There's even some doubt as to whether she died accidentally, by suicide, or by murder. She wasn't the only one to participate in the Kennedy's "private parties," but such activities usually aren't spoken about by people who want to stay alive. The individuals that have come forth to openly speak about the darker side of the Kennedy administration are generally those who are prepared for the end of this life and see no harm that may come to their families through their testimony. Call it gossip, but those that have observed have every right to speak and in the case of Christians, have the moral obligation to speak, not to defame a "hero's character" but to bust a myth that isn't worthy of repeating.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
We don't agree on a whole lot, but thank you for some plain and simple truth.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
And Canada never has been and never will be a "christian" nation....thanks kettle!
This is despite the fact in their Charter of Rights and freedoms, the preamble is "Canada is a country that recognizes the Supremacy of God, and the rule of law". Unfortunately they they do not follow either!
The Free Masons recognize the supremacy of God though I'm not too sure about the rule of law, but this certainly doesn't make them a Christian organization. England was the seat of Free Masonry in Europe and its not such a big surprise that her colonies would go that way. Consider that every British army that ever stepped foot on foreign soil brought with it at least one mobile Masonic temple from which it offered brother ship to everyone who confessed a belief in god. You will notice that I didn't capitalize the word "god" in the last sentence because the Masonic god, the great Architect of the universe, is not the God of the Bible, never was, never will be. The Masons revere their version of the Bible, not because it leads them to Christ, but because its symbolism fits within the framework of Masonic symbolism, their favorite book being Ecclesiastes which gives us a carnal view of life "under the sun."

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Well we can't ask Marilyn Monroe to come forward and talk about her relationship with John or with Bobby Kennedy, though if you take the time to search a little you'll find at least some of the photos taken of them together. There's even some doubt as to whether she died accidentally, by suicide, or by murder. She wasn't the only one to participate in the Kennedy's "private parties," but such activities usually aren't spoken about by people who want to stay alive. The individuals that have come forth to openly speak about the darker side of the Kennedy administration are generally those who are prepared for the end of this life and see no harm that may come to their families through their testimony. Call it gossip, but those that have observed have every right to speak and in the case of Christians, have the moral obligation to speak, not to defame a "hero's character" but to bust a myth that isn't worthy of repeating.
You got to love the "christian" mentality...they seem so pious and yet love to repeat slander and gossip whenever and wherever they can...Apostle James warns them "watch your tongue"!

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
heretoeternity said:
You got to love the "christian" mentality...they seem so pious and yet love to repeat slander and gossip whenever and wherever they can...Apostle James warns them "watch your tongue"!
i don't

but Catholics aren't Christians according to you folks who know it all

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
Many followers of the pagan Roman church are sincere Christians..millions even....it is the organization that is not christian.
Good comment, but I would call them prisoners, not followers.