We Welcome KarenCharin0 to Christianity Board!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to Christianity Board, KarenCharin0!Christianity Board (we commonly go by CB) is where Christians of all denominations come together and chat, share in fellowship, and become better disciples of Christ. We welcome anyone and everyone no matter their background! We're very honored to have you with us!First, introduce yourself so that we can get to know you a little better! Tell us some things about you whether it be beliefs, hobbies, or any other interesting fact.We'll leave you alone, for now, but if you have any questions at all, do not hesitate to contact any of our wonderful staff members!

KarenCharin0

Sep 29, 2006
Hi SwampFox,Thank you for such a warm welcome to the comunity. I haven't had a chance to look around much yet I just got here following a link from another forum that someone recomended there. I'm 51 years old , Widowed 8 years. Live on a 6 acre "mini farm" but I'm not farming any of it anymore, and the farmer next door is helping me to keep it mowed down. I enjoy Bible study and spend a lot of time surfing around the net to different forums. I've been on the net since Aug.2001, I just started taking some on line free classes to learn more about computers. I love pets always had a dog for a pet until just 5 months ago. Hope to get to fellowship with a lot of new friends here.Karen

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Hi KarenGlad to have you join us here at CB. My name Kriss I am the mother of three grown daughters,and three dogs I also have been widowed in my life so know the pain that can bring.However I am remarried.I think its great you are taking on line classes you are never to old to learn new things I taught my 70 year old parents to use computers.Any way if you have any questions or need anything please feel free to contact me.just click on my name and on the right hand side you see address to be able to either send me a private message or email me.See you around the boardGod Blesskriss

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well Karen, I'd have to say it's clear that you already know a lot more than the average age group that you're in - forums can be difficult. I've known computers since I was fairly young (on the leading edge of that generation that basically grew up with them as far as PCs) and I found forums to be a difficult task to master since they can be so confusing. We're glad that you're with us and I hope those classes are going well. They can probably teach you far more than I know, but if you have any questions or need any help I am around.

KarenCharin0

Sep 29, 2006
Hi kriss and SwampFox,kriss So sorry to hear that you are a widow too. I'm very happy for you that you have gone on with your life and got remarried ! Congratulations !I feel very fortunate for the 24 years that I had with my husband ( plus 5 years we dated before we got married while he was in the Navy ) I tried dating one time since Keith has been gone, and wasn't comfortable , spent the whole time talking about my husband. I hadn't realized until he was gone how dependent on him I was so I've struggled to find a new life on my own. Getting a computer was one of the ways I'm learning to be independent. I'm very grateful to our Father for all the help He has sent my way. And so comforted knowing that he is with our Father and that I will see him again one day. (((((Hug))))) We never had any children but we had 4 toy poodles, the daddy, Quintin, mommy Missy, and they had 2 daughters Midnight and Peanut ( princess). Peanut was the last one to go just this last spring, she was 15 and had been diabetic and blind and such an inspiration and joy to me. No matter how bad things got for her she kept a happy , loving attitude. :angel8: SwampFox,If I know more then average for my age group about computers, it's only by bumbling around alot until I've caught on a little. LOL... and by our Father's grace, one of the first things I stumbled upon was a Bible search engine called the Sword what a blessing ! Since then I've found so many Bible study helps that I'm just amazed at what keeps showing up on line, although it can be overwhelming as well as a blessing. I'm not very organized and my husband was the technical person so this is all so complicated to me. I did make it through the first class that was on how to build you first web site, I did manage to publish a home page with some Bible study tools on it. The two classes I'm taking now is how to build a page ( talk about doing things backward ) and how to maintain my computer. I've managed to kill 2 computers in five years so hopefully I'll learn how to not kill this one. I still have not quite caught on to how to make a second page work but I can add to my home page, and two nights ago I added a free bot named Hal. I'm hoping to teach him about what Bible study tools are so that he can explain them to people who come to my page and maybe answer a few Bible questions. I found a need for more explanations of Bible tools when one girl thought the "search the Bible" box was a google search and didn't understand the results. I'm slow, but confident I'll eventually get it all figured out. I love how fellow Christians are always so willing to take time to help. So nice to meet you both and looking forward to getting to know you better. You have a very nice site here, I'm learning to apreciate all the hard work that goes into a site now that I'm learning about them. Father blessYSICKaren