We're FIGHTING because...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We’re fighting because Christ has divided those He must bring to the Father into two groups (Israel and “another fold”, meaning the gentiles), but preached the good news of the kingdom of God in one gospel narrative that according to the apostle Paul, must be “rightly divided”…and many apparently did not hear them.

Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword." Matthew 10:34

It is not as if Jesus did not mention it, or that Paul took it upon himself to veer off the path of the gospel against Jesus. Not at all. Jesus not only mentioned it, he warned of the consequences of not doing what Paul later expounded upon. We need to remember that Jesus did say “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.” Which makes Paul’s expounding upon this completely in accord with Jesus’ promise to send another Helper to lead Paul and us “into all truth.” Which again means many here, and indeed, many in all of Christendom have either been blind to it, or have totally and intentionally disregarded it.

Now there is some disagreement of what the translation and meaning of “rightly dividing” the word of truth (the gospel) should be. Some refer to the original language and translate it as “cut straightly”, or “rightly handle”…which of course might give one a different perspective on just what we were directed to do during these times of the gentile [nations], the church age. Certainly, one would want to “rightly handle” the gospel—but Jesus really left no room to change these passages to mean something gentle. See for yourself. Here is what Jesus said:

Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season? 46 Blessed is that servant whom his master, when he comes, will find so doing. 47 Assuredly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all his goods. 48 But if that evil servant says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying his coming,’ 49 and begins to beat his fellow servants, and to eat and drink with the drunkards, 50 the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him and at an hour that he is not aware of, 51 and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” Matthew 24:45-51​

The passage above is addressing those servants that are either “rightly handling” the gospel, or not. But the word Jesus uses is not “handle” it’s “cut.” So, if you want to soften the language and remove the harshness that Jesus has clearly stated—you may be one of those who have been blind to the whole directive, and doing a disservice (no, that’s too nice), you are likely in the “evil servant” crowd. In other words, you should go back and read it all again and be on your face before God.

But these things are all now under the care and management of the Holy Spirit, that other Helper sent by Jesus. It is in that Spirit that I will now say that this blindness was foretold, and was the purpose of “tongues.” Which was an object lesson that explains that without interpretation, the words authored by the Holy Spirit, sound crazy. By which teaching, we should now be well prepared and even expect exactly what we have now seen come to fruition—those speaking the truth by the Holy Spirit, and those who think it’s crazy, and even against God.

And here we are. Fighting.

Of course, some will say that this very prescription arranged by Jesus and managed by the Holy Spirit, will open up the possibility of complete chaos. But such a lack of trust in God’s ability to manage His own affairs, is merely the fruit of unbelief by those of little faith. And of course, God is not shortsighted and left us without a means of determining what is true and what is false. Not at all. He has told us to test every spirit, and that all things need to agree with the scriptures-- which does not mean everything needs to agree with ones own understanding, but rather, that the truth can be confirmed by the truth. God is Truth.

It is also important to remember that Jesus Himself did this very thing-- "rightly dividing the word of truth." For which He explained, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” Matthew 15:24 Thus, we of the church age are rather under the care of "another Helper." In His words: "another fold", "another Helper."

As for those evil servants, Jesus does not say they lose salvation, but rather that He would “cut him in two.” Which in translation by the Holy Spirit, simply means what they will receive will be by their own measure. In other words, for not rightly dividing, not rightly “cutting” the gospel properly as each passage pertains to each of the two “folds” that Jesus said He “must bring”, they are cut out of entering into that spiritual state of being “alive and remaining” spoke of by Paul, and will see death before receiving the fullness of their salvation, which is the fate of “hypocrites” promised by Christ.

All of which, to our shame, “grieves the Holy Spirit.”

Therefore, putting away lying, “Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor,” for we are members of one another. 26 “Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, 27 nor give place to the devil. 28 Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need. 29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. 32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.” Ephesians 4:25-32​

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We’re fighting because Christ has divided those He must bring to the Father into two groups (Israel and “another fold”, meaning the gentiles), but preached the good news of the kingdom of God in one gospel narrative that according to the apostle Paul, must be “rightly divided”…and many apparently did not hear them.

Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword." Matthew 10:34

It is not as if Jesus did not mention it, or that Paul took it upon himself to veer off the path of the gospel against Jesus. Not at all. Jesus not only mentioned it, he warned of the consequences of not doing what Paul later expounded upon. We need to remember that Jesus did say “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.” Which makes Paul’s expounding upon this completely in accord with Jesus’ promise to send another Helper to lead Paul and us “into all truth.” Which again means many here, and indeed, many in all of Christendom have either been blind to it, or have totally and intentionally disregarded it.

Now there is some disagreement of what the translation and meaning of “rightly dividing” the word of truth (the gospel) should be. Some refer to the original language and translate it as “cut straightly”, or “rightly handle”…which of course might give one a different perspective on just what we were directed to do during these times of the gentile [nations], the church age. Certainly, one would want to “rightly handle” the gospel—but Jesus really left no room to change these passages to mean something gentle. See for yourself. Here is what Jesus said:

Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season? 46 Blessed is that servant whom his master, when he comes, will find so doing. 47 Assuredly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all his goods. 48 But if that evil servant says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying his coming,’ 49 and begins to beat his fellow servants, and to eat and drink with the drunkards, 50 the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him and at an hour that he is not aware of, 51 and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” Matthew 24:45-51​

The passage above is addressing those servants that are either “rightly handling” the gospel, or not. But the word Jesus uses is not “handle” it’s “cut.” So, if you want to soften the language and remove the harshness that Jesus has clearly stated—you may be one of those who have been blind to the whole directive, and doing a disservice (no, that’s too nice), you are likely in the “evil servant” crowd. In other words, you should go back and read it all again and be on your face before God.

But these things are all now under the care and management of the Holy Spirit, that other Helper sent by Jesus. It is in that Spirit that I will now say that this blindness was foretold, and was the purpose of “tongues.” Which was an object lesson that explains that without interpretation, the words authored by the Holy Spirit, sound crazy. By which teaching, we should now be well prepared and even expect exactly what we have now seen come to fruition—those speaking the truth by the Holy Spirit, and those who think it’s crazy, and even against God.

And here we are. Fighting.

Of course, some will say that this very prescription arranged by Jesus and managed by the Holy Spirit, will open up the possibility of complete chaos. But such a lack of trust in God’s ability to manage His own affairs, is merely the fruit of unbelief by those of little faith. And of course, God is not shortsighted and left us without a means of determining what is true and what is false. Not at all. He has told us to test every spirit, and that all things need to agree with the scriptures-- which does not mean everything needs to agree with ones own understanding, but rather, that the truth can be confirmed by the truth. God is Truth.

It is also important to remember that Jesus Himself did this very thing-- "rightly dividing the word of truth." For which He explained, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” Matthew 15:24 Thus, we of the church age are rather under the care of "another Helper." In His words: "another fold", "another Helper."

As for those evil servants, Jesus does not say they lose salvation, but rather that He would “cut him in two.” Which in translation by the Holy Spirit, simply means what they will receive will be by their own measure. In other words, for not rightly dividing, not rightly “cutting” the gospel properly as each passage pertains to each of the two “folds” that Jesus said He “must bring”, they are cut out of entering into that spiritual state of being “alive and remaining” spoke of by Paul, and will see death before receiving the fullness of their salvation, which is the fate of “hypocrites” promised by Christ.

All of which, to our shame, “grieves the Holy Spirit.”

Therefore, putting away lying, “Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor,” for we are members of one another. 26 “Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, 27 nor give place to the devil. 28 Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need. 29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. 32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.” Ephesians 4:25-32​

True Scott, there are two groups of sheep Jn 10:16, but there are also 2 God's. One is either with Jehovah or satan, no middle ground sir.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We’re fighting because

have you ever considered “if it be possible” in Romans 12:18-21 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. [19] Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. [20] Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. [21] Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

“If it be possible” …with men it is impossible but with God all things are possible? What is “as much that lieth within you” could it be “where unto we have already attained, let us walk..”? Philippians 3:15-21 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. [16] Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing. [17] Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. [18] (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: [19] Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.) [20] For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: [21] Who shall change our vile body(of backbiting, gossiping, murder, fightings, debates, hatred and envy), that it may be (if possible)fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

he is able to subdue all things unto himself
“If possible”
With men it is impossible but with God all things are possible.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True Scott, there are two groups of sheep Jn 10:16, but there are also 2 God's. One is either with Jehovah or satan, no middle ground sir.
You misunderstand.

I have only been referring to those two folds that Jesus said He must bring. Just as He said, "Israel" and "another fold." Neither of who's God is Satan.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
have you ever considered “if it be possible” in Romans 12:18-21 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. [19] Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. [20] Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. [21] Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

“If it be possible” …with men it is impossible but with God all things are possible? What is “as much that lieth within you” could it be “where unto we have already attained, let us walk..”? Philippians 3:15-21 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. [16] Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing. [17] Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. [18] (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: [19] Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.) [20] For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: [21] Who shall change our vile body(of backbiting, gossiping, murder, fightings, debates, hatred and envy), that it may be (if possible)fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

he is able to subdue all things unto himself
“If possible”
With men it is impossible but with God all things are possible.
Yes, and to elaborate...

Even Paul told of his struggle to do what he willed to do, but did not. And this, I would and do suggest, no tell, is because those born [again] of the spirit of God have in fact...been "divided" for which Paul advise, no tells, us that we should rightly divide also the word of truth, which is the gospel.

So, then, we live (as it were) that strange and new divide that Christ cut with the sword of the Spirit between that old man and the new man that Paul also taught of. But Jesus did not refer only to us "who are alive and remain" (who are born also of the Spirit), but His gospel is to both Israel, most who died before salvation came, and also to those whom of that "other fold" of the gentile nations whom He "must also bring."

Thus, the gospel of Jesus, being to both, must be rightly divided, that we might fully understand how it is that He has made them One in Him, differently, the one being dead, and the other alive in the Spirit.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is also important to remember that Jesus Himself did this very thing-- "rightly dividing the word of truth." For which He explained, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.Matthew 15:24 Thus, we of the church age are rather under the care of "another Helper." In His words: "another fold", "another Helper."
"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a worker who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth." 2 Ti. 2:15 "Accurately handling" or "rightly dividing" just means separating truth from lies.

Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season? 46 Blessed is that servant whom his master, when he comes, will find so doing. 47 Assuredly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all his goods. 48 But if that evil servant says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying his coming,’ 49 and begins to beat his fellow servants, and to eat and drink with the drunkards, 50 the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him and at an hour that he is not aware of, 51 and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” Matthew 24:45-51
The passage above is addressing those servants that are either “rightly handling” the gospel, or not. But the word Jesus uses is not “handle” it’s “cut.”
I would disagree. It has nothing to do with believers. At the top of the verse it describes the faithful servants with the ones who are evil servants (not Christians at all). Those He will judge and cut to pieces!

There is only ONE GOSPEL preached to all. The other fold is the gentles whom have been preached too. Some receive it and many have not.

Jesus came to bring a "sword" which will cut.
"For the WORD of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Reactions: marks

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a worker who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth." 2 Ti. 2:15 "Accurately handling" or "rightly dividing" just means separating truth from lies.
That is a nice way to put it, but Jesus was way more stern, saying He would "cut them in two and give them their portion with the hypocrites."
I would disagree. It has nothing to do with believers. At the top of the verse it describes the faithful servants with the ones who are evil servants (not Christians or believers at all). Those He will judge and cut to pieces!
From that one passage, that would certainly be the likely take. However, by the same spirit, that sent to him and us by another Helper, the Holy Spirit, Paul speaking to the same topic and advising Timothy about those who would honor or dishonor God, refers to them as being of one "great house." Which, yes, could mean that those "dishonoring" servants are not even Christians... But then back to Jesus' comments, He refers to both as being under one master.

Thus, Jesus and Paul being of the same spirit, it is not that the differ in their words, but rather that they agree, and to think it differently is error.
There is only ONE GOSPEL preached to all. The other fold is the gentles whom have been preached too. Some receive it and many have not.

Jesus came to bring a "sword" which will cut.
"For the WORD of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
The problem is, that most combine what God, and Jesus, and Paul have divided. Which is not to say, that we are divided in Christ, but rather that each of the two have been brought together into One new man in Christ differently. And if we do not rightly divide that difference, we are mixing "righteousness with lawlessness" 2 Cor 6:14, the dead (in Christ) with the living (in Christ). Which things ought to be taught also, but only after "rightly dividing" them, just as God has done. Anything less, is not "all truth" as being lead by the Holy Spirit and His being sent by Jesus.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... that each of the two have been brought together into One new man in Christ differently. And if we do not rightly divide that difference, we are mixing "righteousness with lawlessness"

God has made a pure new creature, without sin, without lawlessness. This is a spiritual part of us that cannot be corrupted. We still possess the flesh (where sin dwells), but at death, our spirit separates from our flesh. So count our flesh as dead already ... but not yet. We count our resurrection spiritually but not yet fully redeemed. If we die today, our spirit is presented to the Father white as snow.

Your OP is conflating scripture. You are misinterpreting and joining two concepts together when they are not separate issues. The rightly divided or hamdlinfnof scripture in 2 Tim. 2:15 is a message to Christians. The "cut to pieces" in Matt. 24 is about Judgment Day, againstbtue unbelievers.
You should scrap the whole post!

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You misunderstand.

I have only been referring to those two folds that Jesus said He must bring. Just as He said, "Israel" and "another fold." Neither of who's God is Satan.

I fully agree Scott, and I understand why you might have thought I meant those two groups either belonged to God or satan, but I said two groups of sheep, sheep are the righteous who belong to Jehovah, so that might lead to the question, what are those two groups. You correctly state Israel, which is the group Jesus was talking about, who are the other sheep not of that fold Scott?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has made a pure new creature, without sin, without lawlessness. This is a spiritual part of us that cannot be corrupted. We still possess the flesh (where sin dwells), but at death, our spirit separates from our flesh. So count our flesh as dead already ... but not yet. We count our resurrection spiritually but not yet fully redeemed. If we die today, our spirit is presented to the Father white as snow.
That is close, but I would and have drawn upon Paul's clarification of being "alive and remaining" (remaining in the world in the flesh, but walking in the spirit), is not yet gathered up to the Father, but that to live in this way is best defined as Paul defined it, saying, "for me to live is Christ." As such, we yet have a date with the Father face to face, but are no longer are of the world, but in the world and from above.

Your OP is conflating scripture. You are misinterpreting and joining two concepts together when they are not separate issues. The rightly divided or hamdlinfnof scripture in 2 Tim. 2:15 is a message to Christians. The "cut to pieces" in Matt. 24 is about Judgment Day, againstbtue unbelievers.
You should scrap the whole post!
Connecting the spiritual dots is not a misinterpretation of scripture, it is a mata-narrative by One spirit which is true of all scripture. To the contrary, those things that pertain to the first Adam, the flesh, and the unfolding narrative of Israel, should be rightly divided from that of the last Adam (Jesus), who was the Last of those who served God in death. This is the nature of Jesus' regarding His bringing a sword, and Paul's reference to the gospel needing to be cut properly...which rightly defined, is between the dead in Christ, of whom He is the Last, and the living in Christ, of whom He is the First. If one does not rightly divide the gospels in this way, the way we have been instructed by Paul, then we suffer the consequences of being "cut in two" by Jesus for not hearing His voice brought from Him to us by the Helper, which is the Holy Spirit. Which lack of hearing causes one to mix those things that pertain to the two different folds that Christ must bring, which He himself separated.

In other words, if "the first who are last, and the last who are first" (as Christ said) are all mix together-- that is not the gospel of Jesus Christ, but the false doctrine of blind and deaf men and their teachings.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fully agree Scott, and I understand why you might have thought I meant those two groups either belonged to God or satan, but I said two groups of sheep, sheep are the righteous who belong to Jehovah, so that might lead to the question, what are those two groups. You correctly state Israel, which is the group Jesus was talking about, who are the other sheep not of that fold Scott?
Those born [again] of the spirit.

For which Paul explained:​

"And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, 28 so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation." Hebrews 9:27-28​

Which is the second coming.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is close, but I would and have drawn upon Paul's clarification of being "alive and remaining" (remaining in the world in the flesh, but walking in the spirit), is not yet gathered up to the Father, but that to live in this way is best defined as Paul defined it, saying, "for me to live is Christ." As such, we yet have a date with the Father face to face, but are no longer are of the world, but in the world and from above.

Connecting the spiritual dots is not a misinterpretation of scripture, it is a mata-narrative by One spirit which is true of all scripture. To the contrary, those things that pertain to the first Adam, the flesh, and the unfolding narrative of Israel, should be rightly divided from that of the last Adam (Jesus), who was the Last of those who served God in death. This is the nature of Jesus' regarding His bringing a sword, and Paul's reference to the gospel needing to be cut properly...which rightly defined, is between the dead in Christ, of whom He is the Last, and the living in Christ, of whom He is the First. If one does not rightly divide the gospels in this way, the way we have been instructed by Paul, then we suffer the consequences of being "cut in two" by Jesus for not hearing His voice brought from Him to us by the Helper, which is the Holy Spirit. Which lack of hearing causes one to mix those things that pertain to the two different folds that Christ must bring, which He himself separated.

In other words, if "the first who are last, and the last who are first" (as Christ said) are all mix together-- that is not the gospel of Jesus Christ, but the false doctrine of blind and deaf men and their teachings.
You should stop, you are just digging a deeper hole, trying to explain your way out of it. We are not to divide the gospel, we are just to discern good from evil, truth from lies. Those who reject the gospel will be judged.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should stop, you are just digging a deeper hole, trying to explain your way out of it. We are not to divide the gospel, we are just to discern good from evil, truth from lies. Those who reject the gospel will be judged.
You have told me, and by your saying so, you have also told Paul and Jesus who's Spirit I have not betrayed. For you I will stop. But for those who have an ear, let them hear.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those born [again] of the spirit.

For which Paul explained:​

"And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, 28 so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation." Hebrews 9:27-28​

Which is the second coming.

We believe the two groups are the anointed and the other sheep. The anointed Christians are selected from among mankind to rule as Kings and Priests in the Kingdom of God, and reside in heaven with Jesus Rev 5:9,10; 14:3. The other sheep, being Christ's disciples as well, which is the vast majority of Christians are the citizens of that Kingdom, and will reside right here on the earth where humans were designed to live Ps 37:29

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We believe the two groups are the anointed and the other sheep. The anointed Christians are selected from among mankind to rule as Kings and Priests in the Kingdom of God, and reside in heaven with Jesus Rev 5:9,10; 14:3. The other sheep, being Christ's disciples as well, which is the vast majority of Christians are the citizens of that Kingdom, and will reside right here on the earth where humans were designed to live Ps 37:29
Unfortunately, that belief is full of errors, the teachings of men.
  • The scriptures define the two groups that Christ must bring, as "the dead in Christ", and "the living in Christ." Which is confirmed by the teaching and clarification regarding "the first Adam" and God's chosen among his descendants ("the dead"), and "the Last Adam" whom is Christ "a life-giving spirit" of the born [again] of the spirit of God (which did not come until Jesus went to the Father and sent the Holy Spirit, confirmed by Peter on the day of Pentecost) "the first born of many sons" and His descendants in the Spirit, which Paul referred to as "we who are alive [in the spirit] and remain" ("the living").
  • The "Kings and Priests" are those whom Peter referred to as the "Royal Priesthood", which are those who "have passed from death to life" in the world, which is to say and to confirm "we who are alive and remain." These are "the living in Christ" who reign just as He [now] reigns, and why Paul was able to say in confirmation of these truths, "for me to live is Christ." Which truths are established "by the mouth of two or three witnesses."
  • Humans, that is those in the flesh, and this present Earth are "passing away" and are destroyed "with fervent heat and with fire." To the contrary, the New Heavens and New Earth are "not of this world."

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately, that belief is full of errors, the teachings of men.
  • The scriptures define the two groups that Christ must bring, as "the dead in Christ", and "the living in Christ." Which is confirmed by the teaching and clarification regarding "the first Adam" and God's chosen among his descendants ("the dead"), and "the Last Adam" whom is Christ "a life-giving spirit" of the born [again] of the spirit of God (which did not come until Jesus went to the Father and sent the Holy Spirit, confirmed by Peter on the day of Pentecost) "the first born of many sons" and His descendants in the Spirit, which Paul referred to as "we who are alive [in the spirit] and remain" ("the living").
  • The "Kings and Priests" are those whom Peter referred to as the "Royal Priesthood", which are those who "have passed from death to life" in the world, which is to say and to confirm "we who are alive and remain." These are "the living in Christ" who reign just as He [now] reigns, and why Paul was able to say in confirmation of these truths, "for me to live is Christ." Which truths are established "by the mouth of two or three witnesses."
  • Humans, that is those in the flesh, and this present Earth are "passing away" and are destroyed "with fervent heat and with fire." To the contrary, the New Heavens and New Earth are "not of this world."

Thanks for your input Scott.

Reactions: ScottA

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would disagree. It has nothing to do with believers. At the top of the verse it describes the faithful servants with the ones who are evil servants (not Christians at all). Those He will judge and cut to pieces!
Yes, Jesus told of an evil servant with evil intent.

Much love!