WERE YOU CHOSE...?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
DID YOU HAVE THE LUCKY NUMBER?

Some in here say...God chose us...we didn't choose Him...

Then why?

And the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, so that all nations will hear it; and then the end will come.

What's the point?.....of making deciples....why not just stop it now?
Do ya mean a man or woman has to hear the good news before God chooses them?

Was I chose.....or did I choose.....? Sure seems like I chose....Sure feels that way...Why would God let a person go through pure hell on this earth...and then choose Him?

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
RANDOR said:
DID YOU HAVE THE LUCKY NUMBER?

Some in here say...God chose us...we didn't choose Him...

Then why?

And the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, so that all nations will hear it; and then the end will come.

What's the point?.....of making deciples....why not just stop it now?
Because my friend, our God uses means to accomplish his will.

1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
1Co 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
1Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
1Co 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

We see that it pleases God to save those who believe through the means of preaching. This answers your question above directly. So how does one come to believe. Scripture answers that in many places, but here's an example:

Act 13:47 For so the Lord has commanded us, saying, "'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.'"
Act 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord, and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed.

Was I chose.....or did I choose.....? Sure seems like I chose....Sure feels that way...
It's both. God chose you and as a result, you chose God.

Joh 6:64 But there are some of you who do not believe." (For Jesus knew from the beginning who those were who did not believe, and who it was who would betray him.)
Joh 6:65 And he said, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father."

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Thanks Nomad.................great answer....just doesn't seem fair if God chooses....you would think He has chose all....but not all have chosen Him.
Thanks again.

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
RANDOR said:
just doesn't seem fair if God chooses....
Yes, it's a difficult concept to accept. I would rather be a universalist, but Scripture won't allow that.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Nomad said:
Yes, it's a difficult concept to accept. I would rather be a universalist, but Scripture won't allow that.
Ya know what Nomad............I appreciate you......at least you're not jumping down my throat as I'm accustomed to here :)
But hey........keep on keepin on I say.

I know God does not want any to perish...as i don't......for everyday I'm telling someone about God...and i don't mean in here.
So....I'm just not goin to worry about all the other stuff.......and get all bogged down in it........I will just keep bringing the lost to Christ....
and glorifying with them and God.......in their new lives in Christ.

It sure is cool to watch them fall....and say......oh-my.....oh-my.......HE IS ALIVE!!!!!...THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the harder the sinner............The harder they fall..........YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :)

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
RANDOR said:
Ya know what Nomad............I appreciate you......at least you're not jumping down my throat as I'm accustomed to here :)
But hey........keep on keepin on I say.

I know God does not want any to perish...as i don't......for everyday I'm telling someone about God...and i don't mean in here.
So....I'm just not goin to worry about all the other stuff.......and get all bogged down in it........I will just keep bringing the lost to Christ....
and glorifying with them and God.......in their new lives in Christ.

It sure is cool to watch them fall....and say......oh-my.....oh-my.......HE IS ALIVE!!!!!...THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the harder the sinner............The harder they fall..........YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :)
I appreciate you too Randor and I love your attitude. Keep on being a fisher of men. That's what our Lord wants.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Nomad said:
Because my friend, our God uses means to accomplish his will.

1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
1Co 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
1Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
1Co 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

We see that it pleases God to save those who believe through the means of preaching. This answers your question above directly. So how does one come to believe. Scripture answers that in many places, but here's an example:

Act 13:47 For so the Lord has commanded us, saying, "'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.'"
Act 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord, and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed.

It's both. God chose you and as a result, you chose God.

Joh 6:64 But there are some of you who do not believe." (For Jesus knew from the beginning who those were who did not believe, and who it was who would betray him.)
Joh 6:65 And he said, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father."
Thank you for caring again!

This thread has so much love, I didn't want to take away from it, however you know me. Brother Nomad, not so much "both" as you posit a difference in the call extended to men if I've understood your posts correctly on other threads and this one? He chose us, eg, one call universal to all men, correct?

Old Jack

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
shturt678 said:
Thank you for caring again!

This thread has so much love, I didn't want to take away from it, however you know me. Brother Nomad, not so much "both" as you posit a difference in the call extended to men if I've understood your posts correctly on other threads and this one? He chose us, eg, one call universal to all men, correct?

Old Jack
That's okay Jack. I know it's rare, but I believe that there can be disagreement and love at the same time. The Reformed position is that there is a universal call as well as an effectual call. Biblical proof for this would be for example:

Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen."

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Nomad said:
That's okay Jack. I know it's rare, but I believe that there can be disagreement and love at the same time. The Reformed position is that there is a universal call as well as an effectual call. Biblical proof for this would be for example:

Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen."
You are a scholar, excellent response - no sarcasm!

We can agree to disagree...can't get over your response...well put forward my brother.

RANDOR and I are putting in for a paygrade increase..put in a good word for us.

Good job!

Old Jack

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
RANDOR said:
JACK WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow! I'm awake now!

With our paygrade increase, I think Nomad, you, others possibly kick around what a "disciple" is in light of Matt.28:19, or even how we are chosen disciples....point: I'd better be one of our Lord's "disciples" when I croak, then immediately WAKE UP.

Old awake now, Jack