We've been spammed!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice! I find I do not need all that much of an operating system..
Linux is every bit as powerful as other operating systems, but in some cases one needs to find equivalent software. I'm also fond of Chromebooks - I'm using one right now to post. ChromeOS a web based Operating system (based on the Linux kernel) that is truly lightweight. You can get a decent Chromebook for $300 and usually is supported for 4-6 years. Updates are always important maybe not so much for malware, but rather so that the OS can work with newer software without being so buggy. If something is not updated, it may start to crash after a while. If you want lightweight, then Chromebook is the way to go as that's good for anything on the web, videos and entertainment, same gaming, and also office work - doc files, spread sheets and the like. Sounds like you would like that. Then, I would get your family or neighborhood geek to install Linux over your Microsoft and then you have 2 good computers.

Reactions: Nancy

SERVANTedu

May 31, 2022
Midwest-ish
teenchallengetx.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: liafailrock

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Linux is every bit as powerful as other operating systems, but in some cases one needs to find equivalent software. I'm also fond of Chromebooks - I'm using one right now to post. ChromeOS a web based Operating system (based on the Linux kernel) that is truly lightweight. You can get a decent Chromebook for $300 and usually is supported for 4-6 years. Updates are always important maybe not so much for malware, but rather so that the OS can work with newer software without being so buggy. If something is not updated, it may start to crash after a while. If you want lightweight, then Chromebook is the way to go as that's good for anything on the web, videos and entertainment, same gaming, and also office work - doc files, spread sheets and the like. Sounds like you would like that. Then, I would get your family or neighborhood geek to install Linux over your Microsoft and then you have 2 good computers.
Thank you..

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol. It turned into a tongues thread…no clue what was being said. Don’t even know why I read it all. Too lazy to click out of thread I guess. Haha

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Nancy and Mr E