What about people of other cultures, ancient Chinese, ancient Australians, Islamic, Hindu, etc?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What would happen to people who don't acknowledge Jesus?

No one will be condemned to hell by God because of something that they did not know. Luke 23:

34 Then Jesus said, 'Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they're doing.'
Deuteronomy 4:

19 Beware lest you raise your eyes to heaven, and when you see the sun and the moon and the stars, all the host of heaven, you be drawn away and bow down to them and serve them, things that the LORD your God has allotted to all the peoples under the whole heaven.
These people knew the sun, moon, and stars but not the LORD. God would not send them all to hell wholesale.

Can people who don't have the spiritual knowledge of Jesus be saved?

Yes, Matthew 5:

3“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
You will be judged based on what you have heard and seen, not on what you do not know, John 9:

41 Jesus said to them, “If you were blind, you would have no guilt; but now that you say, ‘We see,’ your guilt remains.
Satan fools some people, but everyone, every culture everywhere in space and time, knows the golden rule, Matthew 7:

12 in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.
Paul elaborated on the heart and conscience of Gentiles in Romans 2:

14 For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them 16 on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.
These individuals are judged based on their conscience, understanding of right and wrong, and works. Jesus will consider each person's circumstances and ability to understand. Revelation 2:

23b I am the One who searches minds and hearts, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.
The judgment on you depends on how much you know and see. This principle can be applied to the souls of babies, children, and people with mental health issues. You are only responsible for what your conscience can teach you, Matthew 19:

14 Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
Jeroboam was a bad king. His child was sick. He sent his wife to consult the prophet Ahijah, who said to her in 1 Kings 14:

12Arise therefore, go to your house. When your feet enter the city, the child shall die. 13 And all Israel shall mourn for him and bury him, for he only of Jeroboam shall come to the grave, because in him there is found something pleasing to the LORD, the God of Israel, in the house of Jeroboam.
The child was pleasing to the Lord, but he would die—not his bad father, Jeroboam. The child was taken out of the bad environment. He will inherit eternal life.

How should we behave toward non-Christians?

1 Timothy 2:

1 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. 3 This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
God will not send all Buddhists to hell wholesale, and not everyone who claims to know Jesus will end up in heaven either. Ultimately, God has the final say, Romans 9:

15 For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”
But then, why take chances? Believe in the Good News of Jesus. Call on the name of the Lord and you will be saved (Rom 10:13).

See also

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These people knew the sun, moon, and stars but not the LORD. God would not send them all to hell wholesale.
Romans 1:18-23 KJV
18) For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19) Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20) For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21) Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22) Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23) And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

God says that the sun, moon, and stars were enough to show them about God, but they didn't want to know Him. And for that, God will judge.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus will judge their works according to their own conscience, Revelation 2:
Romans 2:12-17 KJV
12) For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
13) (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
14) For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15) Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another)

16) In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.
17) Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God,

IF you've sinned under the Law, you will be judged by the Law. If you've sinned without Law, you will still perish, but without Law, and there is a day coming when that will happen, when Jesus will judge men, knowing what is in their hearts.

That your conscience isn't troubled by something doesn't mean your are in the right.

"Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another"

Here, Accusing in the active voice, and excusing in the reflective voice, that is, they are accusing others, and excusing themselves.

1 Corinthians 4:3-5 KJV
3) But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
4) For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
5) Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if you were raised to believe in more than one god and you don't know of the True God, not ever having been told,but you live as a good person with a loving heart??

God knows where you came from and your circumstance.

"And of Zion it will be said,
“This one and that one were born in her;
And the Most High Himself shall establish her.”
6 The Lord will record,
When He registers the peoples:
“This one was born there.
Selah" Ps 87:5-6

Reactions: TonyChanYT

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one will be condemned to hell by God because of something that they did not know.
I agree. Jesus said "forgive them, for they don't know what they're doing." The basis of forgiveness is repentance, but repentance is not possible where there is confusion about the moral issues.

God does not expect perfection for Salvation--only a positive response to His Son. But if people don't know that God's Son is available, they can't choose for or against Salvation.

God therefore judges men and women by the things they do know. And everybody has a conscience. So I think many will be in heaven who didn't live morally-pristine lives, simply because they were not rejecting Christ as their Savior. They were conflicted because of the darkness that is in the world. God will be merciful.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What if you were raised to believe in more than one god and you don't know of the True God, not ever having been told,but you live as a good person with a loving heart??
Good questions.

These individuals are judged based on their conscience, understanding of right and wrong, and works. Jesus will consider each person's circumstances and ability to understand. Revelation 2:

23b I am the One who searches minds and hearts, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Tony, do you think that some Bible-quoting and preaching Christians on this forum might not end up in heaven?

Another good question. You've been asking lots of excellent questions. From now on, I am not going to keep saying "good question" to you. If I reply to you, you can assume that you are asking good questions :)

As far as I am concerned, I assume everyone who calls himself a Christian here or anywhere is a spiritual brother or sister of mine, even if they are against my comments. I leave all the judgments to God.

Dr. Jonathan Österman

Jan 5, 2024
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As far as I am concerned, I assume everyone who calls himself a Christian here or anywhere is a spiritual brother or sister of mine, even if they are against my comments. I leave all the judgments to God.
If I remembered it correctly, our Lord Christ Jesus warned us against being judgemental toward any people, and also against fault-finding in any people, my dear brother Tony.

And Christ also urged us to love our enemies, and turning the other cheek to them too, if need be.

I am not complaining, but it would be nice if I saw more of that on this forum.

DavidTaylor

Sep 4, 2022
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TonychanYT said:
“What about people of other cultures, ancient Chinese, ancient Australians, Islamic, Hindu, etc?

What would happen to people who don't acknowledge Jesus?”

The OP question is an invalid question.

The gospel is simple to every human being, under the sun, from all ages, tribes, nations, and tongues.

Acts 17:26
“God hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us”

Matthew 7:7
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth

Remember Abram in Ur as your example. No scriptures existed during his lifetime. No churches. No prophets, preachers, or teachers of YHWH. 100% pagans of his family, neighbors, and fellow-villagers.
Yet by simple faith, with no advantage, he asked, he seekethed, and he felt and was found.

Last edited: