What Americans discover when they leave and goto a much better country

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Americans are losing their minds over work/life balance in Australia​

Story by Sophie Finn For Daily Mail Australia • Yesterday 12:42 pm
546649 Comments

1678134477948.png
American expats have been sharing their shock at learning about the 'excellent' quality of life in Australia.

Two American expats said that everything from working conditions to wages and work/life balance are 'so much better' Down Under - and they will never move home.

'In the US all I ever dreamed of was better wages, cheaper healthcare, a work/life balance, and a culture that's overall pretty united. Australia is everything the US isn't,' one man said.

Brooke Laven (pictured), who moved to Sydney this year, noted a marked difference in the working conditions' Australians experience in comparison to in the US
Brooke Laven (pictured), who moved to Sydney this year, noted a marked difference in the working conditions' Australians experience in comparison to in the US© Provided by Daily Mail
Brooke explained that in the US the average annual paid time off in the private industry is around 11 days, with many people getting less than five days
Brooke explained that in the US the average annual paid time off in the private industry is around 11 days, with many people getting less than five days© Provided by Daily Mail
She also explained that the US is one of the only westernized countries that don't guarantee parental leave, whereas Australia offers employees around 12 weeks unpaid leave
She also explained that the US is one of the only westernized countries that don't guarantee parental leave, whereas Australia offers employees around 12 weeks unpaid leave© Provided by Daily Mail
Brooke Laven, who moved to Sydney this year, noted a marked difference in the working conditions' Australians experience in comparison to in the US.

She received her first contract after being offered a job and was shocked at the generous paid time off and parental leave allowances.

'I knew American working rights were bad, but I didn't realise how bad until I just got my Australian full time contract,' she said.

She explained that in the US the average annual paid time off in the private industry is around 11 days, with many people getting fewer than five days.
Only two per cent of the workforce get over 24 days off in their first year, which is what Brooke was offered in her new contract.
'I get four weeks of annual leave, plus 10 days, so I did the math, and I could take 43 days off straight,' she said.

She also explained that the US is one of the only westernised countries that don't guarantee parental leave, whereas Australia offers several months of paid leave, as well as unpaid leave.

View on Watch
More videos

I'm just going to stay in Australia,' she joked.

Another American expat has also been praising Australia for the 'better wages, cheaper healthcare and work/life balance'.

Chris moved to Brisbane last year and admits he still cannot get over how different it is to the US.

'The healthcare system here is amazing, the wages here are amazing, the work life balance is incredible. Australia just comes up with holidays and reasons to take time off,' he said.

Things Americans prefer in Australia rather than America:​

* Paid leave
* Parental leave
* Wage
* Work/life balance
* Freedom

'My absolute favourite talking point when I tell Americans that I moved to Australia is freedom. Because I grew up my whole life around what you would consider the average American and everybody says the same thing "I have guns, so I have more freedom".

He said you could put a list of countries with the most freedom in front of an American and show them America is not even in the top 10, but 'they still get stuck on this gun thing'.

'Australia has guns, it's just very well regulated,' he explained.

He also believes Australia don't evaluate freedom based on gun ownership, but rather features like rule of law, freedom of movement and freedom of religion.

'Australians genuinely target the areas of life that actually matter. If they feel something is slipping backwards, they don't let that sh*t happen,' he added.
He was particularly impressed with Australians willingness to take holidays around four weeks long.

'Australians wouldn't bat an eye if they hear this because long holidays is like a thing here, it's just part of the norm, its how it should be,' he explained.
'I spent my first six months here just annoyed because this place is basically a utopia compared to where I come from.'

Aussies were very pleased with the compliments.

'It's really refreshing to hear an American say this. It's a bit tiring to constantly hear "USA! USA! the land of the free!" glad you're enjoying it!' one man said.
'I don’t think Americans have any idea how bad they have it! Welcome to Oz,' another wrote.
Others showed pride in the power of unions, which they contribute to many of the freedoms.

Reactions: Debp and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Americans are losing their minds over work/life balance in Australia​

Story by Sophie Finn For Daily Mail Australia • Yesterday 12:42 pm
546649 Comments

View attachment 30073
American expats have been sharing their shock at learning about the 'excellent' quality of life in Australia.

Two American expats said that everything from working conditions to wages and work/life balance are 'so much better' Down Under - and they will never move home.

'In the US all I ever dreamed of was better wages, cheaper healthcare, a work/life balance, and a culture that's overall pretty united. Australia is everything the US isn't,' one man said.

Brooke Laven (pictured), who moved to Sydney this year, noted a marked difference in the working conditions' Australians experience in comparison to in the US' Australians experience in comparison to in the US
Brooke Laven (pictured), who moved to Sydney this year, noted a marked difference in the working conditions' Australians experience in comparison to in the US© Provided by Daily Mail
Brooke explained that in the US the average annual paid time off in the private industry is around 11 days, with many people getting less than five days
Brooke explained that in the US the average annual paid time off in the private industry is around 11 days, with many people getting less than five days© Provided by Daily Mail
She also explained that the US is one of the only westernized countries that don't guarantee parental leave, whereas Australia offers employees around 12 weeks unpaid leave't guarantee parental leave, whereas Australia offers employees around 12 weeks unpaid leave
She also explained that the US is one of the only westernized countries that don't guarantee parental leave, whereas Australia offers employees around 12 weeks unpaid leave© Provided by Daily Mail
Brooke Laven, who moved to Sydney this year, noted a marked difference in the working conditions' Australians experience in comparison to in the US.

She received her first contract after being offered a job and was shocked at the generous paid time off and parental leave allowances.

'I knew American working rights were bad, but I didn't realise how bad until I just got my Australian full time contract,' she said.

She explained that in the US the average annual paid time off in the private industry is around 11 days, with many people getting fewer than five days.
Only two per cent of the workforce get over 24 days off in their first year, which is what Brooke was offered in her new contract.
'I get four weeks of annual leave, plus 10 days, so I did the math, and I could take 43 days off straight,' she said.

She also explained that the US is one of the only westernised countries that don't guarantee parental leave, whereas Australia offers several months of paid leave, as well as unpaid leave.

View on Watch
More videos

I'm just going to stay in Australia,' she joked.

Another American expat has also been praising Australia for the 'better wages, cheaper healthcare and work/life balance'.

Chris moved to Brisbane last year and admits he still cannot get over how different it is to the US.

'The healthcare system here is amazing, the wages here are amazing, the work life balance is incredible. Australia just comes up with holidays and reasons to take time off,' he said.

Things Americans prefer in Australia rather than America:​

* Paid leave
* Parental leave
* Wage
* Work/life balance
* Freedom

'My absolute favourite talking point when I tell Americans that I moved to Australia is freedom. Because I grew up my whole life around what you would consider the average American and everybody says the same thing "I have guns, so I have more freedom".

He said you could put a list of countries with the most freedom in front of an American and show them America is not even in the top 10, but 'they still get stuck on this gun thing'.

'Australia has guns, it's just very well regulated,' he explained.

He also believes Australia don't evaluate freedom based on gun ownership, but rather features like rule of law, freedom of movement and freedom of religion.

'Australians genuinely target the areas of life that actually matter. If they feel something is slipping backwards, they don't let that sh*t happen,' he added.
He was particularly impressed with Australians willingness to take holidays around four weeks long.

'Australians wouldn't bat an eye if they hear this because long holidays is like a thing here, it's just part of the norm, its how it should be,' he explained.
'I spent my first six months here just annoyed because this place is basically a utopia compared to where I come from.'

Aussies were very pleased with the compliments.

'It's really refreshing to hear an American say this. It's a bit tiring to constantly hear "USA! USA! the land of the free!" glad you're enjoying it!' one man said.
'I don’t think Americans have any idea how bad they have it! Welcome to Oz,' another wrote.
Others showed pride in the power of unions, which they contribute to many of the freedoms.
I'm moving to Australia!!! Lol. If I were 20 years younger and had the money, the move COULD have been made as I did want to move there once. But, all of my family are here so, it still remains a dream. :) The dumbing down of America has really done a good job of feeding lie after lie to "we the people" <--- should be more like "we the fools". Never could understand the folks who believe all the garbage on the tv....specially cable "news".
God bless you brother and, pet a roo for me...but be careful, hahaha

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Imagine that, lazy Americans moving to Australia so they can work and make less .....Good for them ....Hint "Don't take your guns!"

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Imagine that, lazy Americans moving to Australia so they can work and make less .....Good for them ....Hint "Don't take your guns!"

Gun are not needed like in America because there are less fears to deal with and guns are not the solution for those fears.

The only time I need a gun during my lifetime was to put down my dog after it had taken a bait from a "friendly" neighbour who had a great dislike for dogs and cats. I was a teenager at that time and was able to borrow the gun at that time from another neighbour down the road from where I lived at that time.

• Sad
Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gun are not needed like in America because there are less fears to deal with and guns are not the solution for those fears.

The only time I need a gun during my lifetime was to put down my dog after it had taken a bait from a "friendly" neighbour who had a great dislike for dogs and cats. I was a teenager at that time and was able to borrow the gun at that time from another neighbour down the road from where I lived at that time.
THAT had to be heart rending! I am so sorry you had to do that.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Australia better than the U. S.? Those are folks who aren't paying attention.

It reminds me of foolish apostate women Christians who turn to Islam. Oh, it's so much better than Christianity.

That's because they read the Qur'an in its English translation. Which is not Islam. The Qur'an can only communicate Islam in its original Arabic.
Nor are they women , "Muslims" living in a Sharia ruled Islamic country.
If they were they'd quickly change their minds.

Reactions: Space_Karen

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Australia back in the years before the 1990's was a good place and we had guns as well that were never a problem, but guns are a problem nowadays regardless of the great restrictions on owning a gun.
The News nowadays is full of people that have been shot or stabbed or beaten to death etc by wild drug up brat kids.
But it's the people who are the problem, such as on drugs and a culture of weak simple minded people that created all the problems.
They have worked hard so as to created a degenerate generation.
The Governments created the weak minded people with the help of the media in feeding such nonsense and then creating a police State.

I would shoot every Roo that I came across given the chance and I would sue anyone for helping such vermin that kill and maim people on our roads.
They are nothing but a giant Rat and a total pest. Like the Fox and wild cats and wild dogs should be shot on sight directly.

But we have idiots who dump their cats or kittens out into the bush. That is not good ! just as such people are ignorant of the Roo's.
As they breed like rats and become like a plague.

But city people do not care for reality, of what others have to put up with. if they do not have to put up with such, they just don't have any regards.

I have come across many people from other Nations that have openly stated their opinions on Australia and they have lived here for years and not everything is so great ? as they have a lot to say that is not good about Australians in general.
I am always open to insults from such people and I don't shut them down, as they have a right to express their own opinions regardless. but some Aussies do not like such talk at all for they feel insulted by such ? and there are many lefty's here that do not like the yanks at all and it's a huge mental block for some of the ranting and raving nut cases, who are barking up the wrong tree. but it's been created by the Left wing propaganda over the years as they, the Union's working class were brainwashed so as to idolise Communist Russia.

One can not base #1 on that alone as there are so many other factors that must be investigated beforehand, my mums brother was thinking of coming from Denmark to Australia seriously about 10 years ago but worked it out not to do so, stating the reasons why not, he has lived here before and came to visit.

Australia is a heavy Taxed Country and the cost of living is more than the USA.

I remember working for some wealthy Ukraine people about 10 years ago and they had come from living in the USA for some years and then came to Australia and they were complaining that you can't just snap your fingers and get someone to come do something for you at the drop of a hat.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
THAT had to be heart rending! I am so sorry you had to do that.

It was just a part of life for someone who lived in the country. You saw life and death unfold before your eyes as you walked around your neighbourhood on the edge of a city. You had to dig holes for your pets when they died, in the chook yard, and cover the hole with some sheet roofing to enable the worms to do their thing in the cycle of life.

• Sad
Reactions: Nancy

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was introduced to my last staff of seven. The last person said "My name is Tammy with a "y", My accent is Australian, not British." My reply....

" Well Tammy with a "Y" that means there is someone here Tammi with an "I" Is she someone I need to know?" President's Secretary ......"All my reps in Canada were from Great Britain .....Considering that my daughter's favorite movie is Crocdile Dundee and my favorite TV series Crocodile Hunter .....I don't confuse Australian and British accents ....

She was one of my workers. She was proud when she presided over the birth of a new lamb. I went to the farm to see the new lamb...

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What Americans discover when they leave and goto a much better country​

OP^

Union companies sure do negotiate contracts with employees for more paid leave and paid for being on the job and doing less work.
And the result is inferior products with a higher price tag to the consumer, less you forget quality control is vested in the same employees paid to not work.
It is the height of Freedom when an employee can hold an employer hostage to the employees demands….lol and the consumer can purchase inferior products with invisible money (credit) they do not have.
It’s a conditioning prelude to an agenda of a government controlled credit system with zero freedom.

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything positive being said about australia now.

Are virtually identical to positive things said about canada over the last 15 years.

(Due to its oil boom parts of canada enjoyed higher wages and lower monthly expenses in contrast to the USA.)

How do we feel about canada atm?

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Everything positive being said about australia now.

Are virtually identical to positive things said about canada over the last 15 years.

(Due to its oil boom parts of canada enjoyed higher wages and lower monthly expenses in contrast to the USA.)

How do we feel about canada atm?
I totally hate their Leader ! He is a Satanist ! and he is sure is a nasty piece of work against the true working people of France. Not to mention he has degraded the French people outright that he hates them. He is working to undermine everything that was French.