What are the first words of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As professing Christians we are directed by Christ to live by every word of God so how many can point out the very first words of God?

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And this will forward the kingdom how? Why do we waste our lives talking about things that will amount to nothing.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first Words recorded in scripture, or before the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters?

was the Almighty Present in His creation before the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters, and if all is created through His Word one might consider that God said something for the fulfillment of the first verse in the bible. in which case God wouldn't have been in His creation before it was made and didn't make Himself Present therein until the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

and don't sweat the foul commentary to seek out the things of the Lord or God is also to seek out His Knowledge and Understanding of Him. of which when received and shared edifies the true believer in Christ. revelation that is of God always edifies the faithful and affirms the faith.

one of Jobs accusers Zophar the Naamathite said

Job 11:7 Canst thou by searching find out God? canst thou find out the Almighty unto perfection?

hence not having the desire to know God this is what he thinks, but searching out is tenement to the successful belief in Christ Jesus.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't believe that HE 'needs words...it's us who need words. :)
I don't believe that He needed to 'speak words' when He said "Let there be...."
I don't believe He needed words to communicate the thought "Let us make man in our image and likeness."
So...if we are talking here about God "speaking" and us 'hearing' His communication, then I would have to say it was His communication to Adam. Gen 2. 16 "And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: 17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." ( not sure it was words though..I think Adam hear this in his heart as he knew God Voice! )
We know that Jesus was "The Word made flesh"...the living Word of God.
As Hebrew 1 , says...in the past He spoke through the prophets , but in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son.

Personally ( as an aside) I believe the Christian's ability to tune in, listen, and hear from Father God, is one of the most important things in our daily lives!! Not "tune in to the bible"..although nine times out of ten He does speaks to us via the scriptures 'coming alive' to us personally. But knowing how to get quiet and "hear His Voice".
So really the important thing would be..not what were His first words..but what is His proceeding-word, to us now today. ;)

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And this will forward the kingdom how? Why do we waste our lives talking about things that will amount to nothing.

So it is your opinion that living by every word of the mouth of God will amount to nothing?
How does one know if he is living by every word of the mouth of God if you can't even define for anyone what his words are? Further I would point out that no one is twisting your arm to answer anything. If you have no interest in the subject of the thread then simply don't answer it.... seems like a simple thing to me.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe that HE 'needs words...it's us who need words. :)
I don't believe that He needed to 'speak words' when He said "Let there be...."
I don't believe He needed words to communicate the thought "Let us make man in our image and likeness."

Well you don't need to believe anything, no one here is asserting that you need to believe in anything. I'm asking a very simple question "what are God's first words. If you don't know then don't answer the thread, if you do know then it is quite a simple thing to state it and forego the arguments for why you think it may not be necessary to state the answer.

So...if we are talking here about God "speaking" and us 'hearing' His communication

There is no hidden meaning, there is no possibility that any of mankind were present for God's first words. Apparently you don't know the answer to this thread so just let it go and work with a thread that you have information to answer.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I did say in my post that I believed that God's first words were " saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: 17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."
That's what I believe and there I stick. You speak as if only you have the correct answer!
Indeed it could be argued that His first words were "Let there be light"...but then again if as the Bible says .."The Lamb was slain from before the beginning..." there sounds like a "conversation there" even earlier.
I have a feeling that everyone who post here in "your thread" will be wrong...and only you right.
But...maybe that is only in your own eyes. I will leave you to 'your thread', and as you suggest..I will go and 'play' in some other thread!! ( well maybe, or maybe not...we'll see!!) :rolleyes:

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first Words recorded in scripture, or before the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters?

My question is simple what were God's first words? You can choose whatever you believe is correct and then we could discuss the validity of your choice.

was the Almighty Present in His creation before the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters, and if all is created through His Word one might consider that God said something for the fulfillment of the first verse in the bible. in which case God wouldn't have been in His creation before it was made and didn't make Himself Present therein until the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

According to Christ nothing was made before the word so, Could God be present in his creation "before the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters"? Is not God present everywhere at all times? What was the spirit of God doing upon the face of the waters? All of these are great subject matter to discuss but ATM those are not the threads subject. A simple question "what were the first words of God" is all that is being asked.

I will indeed not be affected by any foul commentary nor will I be affected by anyone's failure to be able to answer the question. So far I have 4 people who have failed to be able to answer this simple little question since I have joined this Christian forum. Who would have guessed that I can't get such a question answered here?

I would bet any amount of worth that if I were to ask Christ or any of the angels that they could immediately answer it.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well if we are all so stupid and and uneducated about the scriptures..,,why don't you just give us your wisdom, enlightenment, and amaze us? I can't see any other answer other than- " And God said..Let there be Light..."

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did say in my post that I believed that God's first words were " saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: 17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." That's what I believe and there I stick.

yay an attempted answer. Good for you ma'm. So in your Christian belief you are sure that God did not say any words prior to Genesis 2:16. hmmm interesting.

You speak as if only you have the correct answer! Indeed it could be argued that His first words were "Let there be light"...but then again if as the Bible says .."The Lamb was slain from before the beginning..." there sounds like a "conversation there" even earlier.
I have a feeling that everyone who post here in "your thread" will be wrong...and only you right. But...maybe that is only in your own eyes. I will leave you to 'your thread', and as you suggest..I will go and 'play' in some other thread!! ( well maybe, or maybe not...we'll see!!) :rolleyes:

This should not be a question that only I would have the answer to. God's word is written with the intent that all may learn about him so, why does such a simple question invoke the whole cloak and dagger assumption? Why can't we assume that every Christian who actually answers the question on a Christian forum would have the same answer as I do?

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
" And God said..Let there be Light..."

And since then...it has been taking place...more and more light, as we grow in grace and maturity.
( BTW, re earlier post of yours...I am female, not a 'sir'.....;) )

Reactions: KBCid

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if we are all so stupid and and uneducated about the scriptures..,,why don't you just give us your wisdom, enlightenment, and amaze us? I can't see any other answer other than- " And God said..Let there be Light..."

There was no implication about the gifts that God has given you. We are all equal in our intended form since we all come from the Father.
and you Ma'm would be absolutely right !!!!!!!!! according to the understanding I was given the first words of God were "And God said Let there be Light". Now how big of a deal was that to confirm what I believed was true?

You see no cloak and dagger, no radical bouncing off 20 bumpers twisting of interpretive understanding, a simple question with a very simple answer.
Now seeing that you were effortlessly able to answer that simple question I have the follow up question to present which is also equally simple.

If God's first words were "let there be light" and it is written in John 1:3 that "All things were made by him (the word); and without him (the word)was not any thing made that was made." Then how is it that so many Christian sects believe that Genesis 1:1 was God's first act of creation?

See, just simple questions to see how people rationalize their interpretations of scripture.
Note: just curious, does this question amaze your intellect? I am not amazing but there are some that say I have an amazing way of getting people to think about subjects of importance.

Last edited:

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
" And God said..Let there be Light..." And since then...it has been taking place...more and more light, as we grow in grace and maturity.
( BTW, re earlier post of yours...I am female, not a 'sir'.....;) )

My humble apologies.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So it is your opinion that living by every word of the mouth of God will amount to nothing?
How does one know if he is living by every word of the mouth of God if you can't even define for anyone what his words are? Further I would point out that no one is twisting your arm to answer anything. If you have no interest in the subject of the thread then simply don't answer it.... seems like a simple thing to me.
I do have an interest. So the question remains.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is not God present everywhere at all times?

so you are telling me the Creator of Heaven and Earth dwells in darkness, correct? darkness as apposed to Light as in the Light of Christ does exist. and God dwells in the Light.

that said it seems you really don't care what the truth is on your simple question. also maybe you should realize no one is required to meet your expectations here.
if you knew you would understand that God's Word goes out from Him and returns fulfilled, hence though His Word is spoken in His Presence His Presence isn't necessarily required in the fulfillment thereof. especially in the fulfillment of inanimate objects like matter, or space. to make creation to accommodate the presence of life may require His Presence considering His is the Power that gives and sustains Life.

but again you've expressed you don't really care to know the answer to you question.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do have an interest. So the question remains.

And the answer is that I have nothing to discuss with anyone who feels that the word of God ends at the new testament. If you have no ambition to follow Christ's words that we should live by every word of God and study it then you really have no interest in the subjects discussed here

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you are telling me the Creator of Heaven and Earth dwells in darkness, correct? darkness as apposed to Light as in the Light of Christ does exist. and God dwells in the Light.

As I stated many questions are nice to consider and discuss but this is not the subject of this thread. If you wish to have a discussion about that question start a thread and see how it plays out.

that said it seems you really don't care.....

So you really have no input on the subject of the thread.... you are simply talking to be heard. Is there no other thread or person you can be inconsiderate towards?