What Are We Waiting For?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
YouTube Channel Video Devo

“What Are We Waiting For?”
Matthew 9:37-38 NLT
He said to his disciples, “The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields.”

The past couple of weeks, a song stood out to me on the radio. For King & Country “What Are We Waiting For” got my attention and I watched the video on YouTube and listened to the lyrics fully. Wow, I was totally blown away and it was so inspiring! If you get a chance, please go watch the lyric video and just take in the song and what it means. It’s so powerful!

The 2 lines that stood out to me the most were:
Why are we wasting all the time like someone’s making more?
What if we could be the light that no one could ignore?

After listening to this song, and especially these 2 lines in the chorus, it makes me think of all the different times in our lives when we consider things to be urgent. Things at home call for urgency. Things at work come up and become urgent. People reach out to contact us for an urgent matter we need to figure out. The list could go on and on. There seems to be a sense of urgency about so much in our lives each and every day in some way.

There’s nothing at all wrong with having a sense of urgency to take care of things with work, family and friends, but I cannot help but wonder why we don’t have the same sense of urgency when it comes to spreading God’s Word to people Who don’t know Him and need to hear His Word? Why does it seem so often like everything else is urgent, but our mission to share God’s love with others doesn’t seem as urgent?

We seem to waste a lot of time on things in life that we often think are more important. We waste time on a lot if we really think about it. I have been thinking about this song a lot and the call that God has given to us to make the most of the time we have each and every day. We need to be much more urgent in our walk with God as He has called us to share His love with others.

We definitely need to be the light that no one can ignore. We often tend to put off a lot of things we need to do, including reaching out to people who need to know His love. We also fail to be urgent in reaching out to people to make amends with them if we’ve wronged them or tell them they’ve hurt us. We leave so many different things unattended and God wants those things dealt with and not left alone. What are we waiting for?

We need to live life with more of an urgency in sharing God’s love. His mission is clear for us to love others. What are we waiting for?

• Love
Reactions: Nancy