What are you listening to right now?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Earlier I was listening to my New to me but old White Christmas Record with Bing Crosby and the Andrew Sisters. I received it in the mail today but it wasn't suppose to come until next Tuesday

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl Maybe 'The Sound of Silence'...

(as per Simon and Garfunkel... :) )
Yes that's one I like. 'Hello darkness my old friend . . .' Not seen that film for yonks. I'll watch it again if it comes on TV.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl I don't think I've actually seen the film; but S & G are tuneful...
You haven't seen 'The Graduate'? You are so missing out, apart from anything else the music is wonderful - as is Dustin Hoffman. There is one of his films on late tonight which I will record, 'All the President's Men' also with Robert Redford.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You haven't seen 'The Graduate'? You are so missing out, apart from anything else the music is wonderful - as is Dustin Hoffman. There is one of his films on late tonight which I will record, 'All the President's Men' also with Robert Redford.
@Pearl I enjoyed 'All the President's Men' as a sort of historical documentary, although one doesn't get the whole picture. (I found the language very bad in places.)

Did you know that Bob Woodward was already negotiating film rights even before Nixon resigned?

Makes one wonder about the sheer commercial/media aspects of politics and the offices of state in the US.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl I enjoyed 'All the President's Men' as a sort of historical documentary, although one doesn't get the whole picture. (I found the language very bad in places.)

Did you know that Bob Woodward was already negotiating film rights even before Nixon resigned?

Makes one wonder about the sheer commercial/media aspects of politics and the offices of state in the US.

It was a very good film. There have been others to which exposed the US government: 'The Post' another good film and the one in which the Boston Globe exposed the extent of child abuse and the cover up by the Catholic church: 'Spotlight'.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It was a very good film. There have been others to which exposed the US government: 'The Post' another good film and the one in which the Boston Globe exposed the extent of child abuse and the cover up by the Catholic church: 'Spotlight'.
@Pearl A similar one is Three Days of the Condor, also with Robert Redford. It's more fictional, although with overtones of reality. I do think the character of Joubert (Max Von Sydow) is chillingly effective.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl A similar one is Three Days of the Condor, also with Robert Redford. It's more fictional, although with overtones of reality. I do think the character of Joubert (Max Von Sydow) is chillingly effective.

He's good. I liked him as Jesus but he was a bit fierce.