What are your talents/hobbies?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
I like hearing about peoples passions and talents so what are you good at or maybe just really enjoy doing?

Got pics? Youtube links? SHARE>>>

Jae

May 14, 2011
Hi Robbie,
I'm passionate about music and enjoy a little photography - just point and shoot mostly then home to load up my photos and see if I got any good shots. I like sharing them so once I've figured out how you add pics here you can be sure there'll be some coming your way. :)

Ok ... found it already. Here's one from the forest where I went for a walk yesterday ... what better place to find peace ... and in peace to hear God.

P1010250.jpg

Reactions: grandma dolittle

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Most def Jae... we have a decent nature center a we bit from our house... I love going there and remembering how much better earth is than world... nice shot... looks like a great place to be = )

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most def Jae... we have a decent nature center a we bit from our house... I love going there and remembering how much better earth is than world... nice shot... looks like a great place to be = )

I unfortunately do not live near a large body of water or I would take up surfing. As our neck of Virginia is very scenic and mountainous my neighbors, co-workers, and friends have taken up with motorcycles. My neighbor owns three and I own two, a 2009 Buell Lightning and a 2005 Harley Electra-Glide Standard. My neighbor is a BMW guy (cars, motorcycles, and all) and recently went to Alaska and swam in the Arctic Ocean. Here is his adventure he uploaded on the web...

http://www.travelpod...ell/1/tpod.html

Wow! Am I green with envy!

I do enjoy taking my bike out and hiking / camping. Here is a video I made of nearby cascades...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ci3LLhCewc

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
That place looks amazing Rocky... so beautiful... God Rules!!! Is there any fish? Looks like a cool place to do a lil fishing and maybe find a rock to jump off if the water isn't to cold.

Jae

May 14, 2011
Wow Rocky - great video. I am totally fascinated by water - can watch it for hours. It's another of my life's little dreams to move to somewhere on the coast or by a river one day.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
That's me right there Jae... when I'm away from water I freak out... and if the water doesn't have waves I can only last like a week... haha

pilgrimjo

May 10, 2011
I like hearing about peoples passions and talents so what are you good at or maybe just really enjoy doing?

Got pics? Youtube links? SHARE>>>

I have never been a surfer or even much of a swimmer; but I do think it would be great to do. I was very active in sports and outdoor activities well into my 50's and 60's. X-Country skiing and mountain biking plus running in races in Alaska for many years. Now, in my 70's I remain active out doors but slowed down somewhat..still take nature and daily (exercise) walks and do some hiking. Presently enjoy birdwatching. We were snowbirds for years spending about 4-5 months in CA and later AZ..lots of trails there and a mecca for bird watchers. Continue birding here in the NW..but best of this was also in Alaska starting in the early 80's..not an expect, just enjoy.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Nice PilgrimJo... I've heard Alaska is amazing... would love to check it one day... and a daily dose of nature and exercise is so important... I agree...

pilgrimjo

May 10, 2011
Nice PilgrimJo... I've heard Alaska is amazing... would love to check it one day... and a daily dose of nature and exercise is so important... I agree...

Robbie, yes, Alaska is amazing! We lived there 34 years. Yes, go North and see..best time is early fall or late summer..July-mid September. What part of Alaska are you most interested in seeing? It's huge!
Jo. :)

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
I am into dirt bikes and have a Husaberg and i go places that most others are to scared to go, one of my buddy has been mistaken for a Yowie.
And i am into cars.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
I'm an insaciably curious person. I'm also not risk adverse. I don't know if these could be considered hobbies or just things I do. I think of something I want to know and I go and do it.

So, I guess my hobby is learning everything there is to learn about everything. I much prefer experiencing life as opposed to reading about it.

I love playing guitar and making music. I like to draw. (music and art is on the back burner for now.) At this moment I'm pretty dedicated to Judo and JiuJitsu. I'm into motorcycles, built one chopper, have another in the works.

I rode a skateboard for most of my life, I have plans to get back into it soon.

Here's a pic of my scoot before I finished the wiring.

081.jpg

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
I play the bass and like going to the range to shoot targets. :)

I've been thinking of picking up the bass lately. There's not enough bass players out there. Maybe rightfully so, not many bands allow the talent and range of bass players to shine through these days. Shooting is fun!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Loving hearing about everyone's talents and hobbies and likes... please keep sharing about good stuff in your lives... it's such a breath of fresh air for me compared to when I look on here and just see people arguing... I appreciate you guys sharing something personal about yourselves with me...

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cool bike WK! I have a 550 - just started riding.

I like hiking with my dogs, gardening, theology, mysticism, fly-fishing, and creating stained glass windows.