What are your theological viewpoints?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a five point Calvinist, myself. And I was curious about the rest of you? :)

I adhere to much of the Calvinist position, but not all. I would probably be described as 'evangelical'. I am Dispensational, and premillennial.

Stranger

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What is a five point calvanist. I dont do theoligy very much I just stick with what Jesus said.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am a five point Calvinist, myself. And I was curious about the rest of you? :)

Hi there.
I just don't like the word theology much at all. It means " Religious Beliefs"
1) Our walk with the Lord is a relationship...not a religion ...but, I know what you mean by your question. :)
2) I am a mixture of many different beliefs I am sure. As a child I was Plymouth Brethren, then Methodist, then C of E for a while.
(I even became a Bell Ringer...that must have given me Brownie Points!! :D )
Then I came to know the Lord..in a small old Holiness Mission Hall. Then I moved on into the things of the Spirit in the Charismatic Church....but I am sure you get my point. :D
I believe God leads our life ..He led me into and out of them all..every single one added something to my faith and about God Himself.

I am too much of a mixture to put myself into any Christian belief box. :)
Deut 8.2 “And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.”
Mine has been a decade longer than 40 years. haha! And it's all been good...or good for me. :)
My constant prayer is.." Lord, keep my heart soft and teachable unto the very end." ✟
We are never too old to learn...unless we foolishly start to believe that we now have 'arrived' and know it all!:rolleyes:

Good bless ... :)

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there....I became a believer through Jesus. I have seen to many examples of ' the written letter killeth' to get too involved with all the various written accounts. I found out a couple of years ago that there had been 22 ( I think it was ) Gospels to begin with, then the council appointed by the then newly formed Roman Catholic church, decided what the rest of us were allowed to be aware of, doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in me. We are supposed to have a real relationship with Him, not just to read...
'Hear what the Spirit says to the church'.....'My sheep hears my voice'.....Many other examples.
Hope you enjoy the forum..........Blessings Pia

Reactions: Truth and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of here are not theologians who have completed a study in a formal Bible school. Perhaps it would be better if you explained what a Calvinist is, and what those five points are and why you support each of them. Probably it would be better to take them one point at the time to help our understanding.

By the way, welcome to the forum!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@amadeus I don't think she stayed around to see the rest of her thread..
She has not been back for two weeks. :(

Reactions: pia

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus I don't think she stayed around to see the rest of her thread..
She has not been back for two weeks. :(
This is a not uncommon event at forums such as this, is it? Well... hopefully you are wrong and she will be back with a good Spirit to teach us some good things.

Reactions: pia and Helen

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES!! Theology is exactly that!!! WHAT MEN THINK! I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO LIVING IN A PLACE OF THEOCRACY!

well that is what the church is suppose to emulate, the reality of fear and respect for God's sovereignty in their very being. good luck with that, eh.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
well that is what the church is suppose to emulate, the reality of fear and respect for God's sovereignty in their very being. good luck with that, eh.
hmm, i would say i live there now, and recognize it in a few of the crackers down at the pool hall, too. Good luck finding that in a church, maybe, but the Church does not care about that anyway imo