What change would we see if the Church and Pastors Believed the Rapture was Near??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What change would we see if the Church and Pastors Believed the Rapture was Near?? Would we still see plans for these huge new buildings wanting to become multi-million dollar huge"mega churches" as their main goal? OR would the goal be to sound a warning to the people that time is up and Jesus will burst through the clouds at the sound of the trump of God any day now. Are you ready to meet Jesus in the clouds OR will you be left behind??

The LORD came to me, saying, 17"Son of man, I have appointed you a watchman to the house of Israel; whenever you hear a word from My mouth, warn them from Me. 18"When I say to the wicked, 'You will surely die,' and you do not warn him or speak out to warn the wicked from his wicked way that he may live, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. Ezekiel 3:16-18

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sad to say but the words heaven, hell, rapture are seldom heard in many "churches" so many "churches" today are little more than social clubs where ==you are OK AND I am ok so lets all be happy!!

Reactions: Job

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i volunteer to be left, but ty.

Don't most pastors and churches parrot this rapture thing right now?

Many do, but the operative word of the OP is "believe". When I went to college, I "parroted" the words of some of my professors in taking tests to get past the course. But that doesn't mean I believed them.

Likewise, many will "parrot" certain buzz words and the latest fad du jour to keep those checks and dollars coming in. Doesn't mean they believe what they are saying.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Be far better if tehy taught

Act_17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

And told the people that "church" cannot save anyone, and that teh only way to heaven is through Jesus, and even that "revelation" comes from God alone, and if they should seeks after it, than go to Christ and find it.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find it amusing when people say things like "most pastors" or "most churches", as if any of us know what most pastors and most churches believe.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yesterday upon the stair
I met a man who wasn’t there
He wasn’t there again today
I wish, I wish he’d go away!

Reactions: amadeus

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sad to say but the words heaven, hell, rapture are seldom heard in many "churches" so many "churches" today are little more than social clubs where ==you are OK AND I am ok so lets all be happy!!
Not to condone the rapture teaching. But I agree, for decades now I have not been to a church that did much more than speak the same old christianese out of one side of the mouth, and spirit hindering criticism out of the other side, while preaching the word without knowledge in the same way the world reads it. Which is not to say that they do not love one another as the Lord loved, and do not try. But as the Lord said, they "take away the key of knowledge."

God is amazing. We have the power of God, and the mind of Christ, at our disposal - but little vision. We should have greater expectations, making it known to the church that the world walks in death as one passing away, and that we who are the church do not live at all, but that it is Christ who lives in us. Paul said that we walk in newness of life, but it's not enough. If we can receive it, we ride-along with Christ. Behold, "You will see greater things than these!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
That's troubling. Why? don't you want to go to heaven one day? Would you rather be married to the world?

All I know is when I see Jesus I'm sticking with him. I remember seeing some really foolish advice from a Catholic, that if end up dead don't call on Jesus because he will judge you and send you to hell unless you go through purgatory first. I repeat, foolish!

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What change would we see if the Church and Pastors Believed the Rapture was Near?? Would we still see plans for these huge new buildings wanting to become multi-million dollar huge"mega churches" as their main goal? OR would the goal be to sound a warning to the people that time is up and Jesus will burst through the clouds at the sound of the trump of God any day now. Are you ready to meet Jesus in the clouds OR will you be left behind??

The LORD came to me, saying, 17"Son of man, I have appointed you a watchman to the house of Israel; whenever you hear a word from My mouth, warn them from Me. 18"When I say to the wicked, 'You will surely die,' and you do not warn him or speak out to warn the wicked from his wicked way that he may live, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. Ezekiel 3:16-18
They preach it's near but never preparing for that calamity.

I find there's too much talking in Christianity, and not enough of Gods power going out from believers.
Although love is supposed to ooze from our hearts, there is a great need in the world for Gods power to go out from us.

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
That's troubling. Why? don't you want to go to heaven one day? Would you rather be married to the world?
I came that you might have life, more abundantly
I am always with you, even to the end of the age
the kingdom of heaven is within you

so, no interest in the death-cult thing

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, or more likely "if."
i think most pastors already believe that anyway, don't they?

Well the OP was discussing the rapture, or removal of the righteous. No, I am not convinced that most pastors believe that. Just like on forums, there are many pastors that hold to many various doctrines concerning end times scenarios. Just like the people sitting in the seats. I am not even convinced that all pastors have a saving faith in the Lord.