What did your kids/grandkids say in public that embarrassed you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Years ago my 1st grandchild was around 3 y.o. and i had stopped to get gas at the gas station. There was a man who had an amputated arm and was wearing a "hook" attachment on the stub. After hanging up the hose I got her out of the car to go inside and pay. She was looking at the man with one arm and loudly asked me...."grandma, is that man a pirate?".... ohhhhh ugh. After apologizing promptly to the man (with a face of many shades of red)...I corrected her immediately and to my relief the man just started laughing and began talking to her and explaining what happened to his arm. Thank goodness he had a sense of humor.
After reflecting about this I remembered we had just watched the movie "HOOK" with Robin Williams and this must have been where she got that impression.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Children sure can make you laugh / or wonder ?
I live in a family with 8 grand children..... lucky the 4 older ones are not that any more...... :)

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OK I'll bite. We have a precocious 2 year old grand-daughter (among the 12 we have) who when asked to hug everyone before her bedtime at a meeting...said to a guest from the Caribbean...not that one....while pointing to him.

Very embarrassing and yet somehow funny.

I don't think he was too offended. ;(

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK I'll bite. We have a precocious 2 year old grand-daughter (among the 12 we have) who when asked to hug everyone before her bedtime at a meeting...said to a guest from the Caribbean...not that one....while pointing to him.

LOL....already learning to set boundaries? Ha!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many years ago when our own 2 children were quite young, we were meeting someone at the San Francisco Airport. In those days there were always several Hari Krishna followers at the airport wearing their long bright orange robes soliciting offerings or new converts. My little daughter, still pre-school age with a fair command of English, piped up loudly while pointing excitedly at the orange robed disciples, "Mama, they're of the devil aren't they? They're going to hell aren't they?" My wife normally anything but meek was quite embarrassed as she picked up daughter and tried to keep her quiet. Guess where that little girl heard such things? LOL

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many years ago when our own 2 children were quite young, we were meeting someone at the San Francisco Airport. In those days there were always several Hari Krishna followers at the airport wearing their long bright orange robes soliciting offerings or new converts. My little daughter, still pre-school age with a fair command of English, piped up loudly while pointing excitedly at the orange robed disciples, "Mama, they're of the devil aren't they? They're going to hell aren't they?" My wife normally anything but meek was quite embarrassed as she picked up daughter and tried to keep her quiet. Guess where that little girl heard such things? LOL
Hillarious...and yes they probably were saying the same thing....guess where she learned that from....lol

Reactions: amadeus

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
many years ago i took my twin boys to see rocky 4 ; they were around 4 --- upon leaving the theature my son ask a man while being quite serious if he was russian ? ( lol; the man was black and just laughed and said no )
Lol, how impressionable a mind of a child is. How funny.

Josephhasarainbow14

Jul 11, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was once in a shelter when I was homeless. Most people had to sleep in their own room except this one family. The rules at the shelter was you couldn't hit your kids at all. They had 2 young boys. One looked to be about 4 or 5 while the other one younger. I couldn't not believe the mouth of the 4 or 5 year old kid. He called his father and mother both a bad name. I am wondering who taught this kid these words. I get the feeling it was the parents.
I was even surprised that the workers there didn't stop this kid either. When the bible says that children will rebel in the last days. God was not exaggerating.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was once in a shelter when I was homeless. Most people had to sleep in their own room except this one family. The rules at the shelter was you couldn't hit your kids at all. They had 2 young boys. One looked to be about 4 or 5 while the other one younger. I couldn't not believe the mouth of the 4 or 5 year old kid. He called his father and mother both a bad name. I am wondering who taught this kid these words. I get the feeling it was the parents.
I was even surprised that the workers there didn't stop this kid either. When the bible says that children will rebel in the last days. God was not exaggerating.

welcome-sign-smiley-emoticon.gif

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

You think that's embarrassing?

When my autistic granddaughter was about 4 years old, we'd go into a supermarket where there'd be many persons.

So this is what we'd hear.

Nonna, that lady is filippina.
Nonna, that lady is chinese.
Nonna, that lady is black,
etc
etc

(And she always got it right....)

I shoulda just made a sign that said:

I'M SORRY!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Years ago my 1st grandchild was around 3 y.o. and i had stopped to get gas at the gas station. There was a man who had an amputated arm and was wearing a "hook" attachment on the stub. After hanging up the hose I got her out of the car to go inside and pay. She was looking at the man with one arm and loudly asked me...."grandma, is that man a pirate?".... ohhhhh ugh. After apologizing promptly to the man (with a face of many shades of red)...I corrected her immediately and to my relief the man just started laughing and began talking to her and explaining what happened to his arm. Thank goodness he had a sense of humor.
After reflecting about this I remembered we had just watched the movie "HOOK" with Robin Williams and this must have been where she got that impression.
I thought her question was cute....I would have laughed along with the guy.