What do u do in this situation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

You see a spider on the wall. Do u

• Catch it and drain it down the sink

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You see a spider on the wall. (its meant to be a spider, not a fly in the poll)
Do u

A - Smack it with something and dispose of remains
B - Grab the insect killer
C - Catch it and drain it down the sink
D - Catch it and release it outside
E - Others

Last edited:
Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do u

I leave them alone for 2 reasons.
1. they eat bugs like roaches and flys
2. my cats like to play with them.

You need an E catagory.. lol
Hugs

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ok i'll fess up... Id always go for the poison first.

But we hade a visit from our cousins on Sunday in what was such an emotional gathering...
We haven't been able to visit each other for about 6 months now... U can try and say "oh but phone"... Na that doesn't not compare to being together, a kiss, a hug, eat together... Man it was too overdue...

Their son (my cousin) walked off the 12th level of a carpark...
We were talking about how loving he was, i never saw him act from anger... And his mum said
"Daniel wouldn't even hurt a fly. I jump when i see a bug and i can't rest until its dead. But Daniels stops me, gets the spider off the wall, and while im still screaming, he calmly takes it outside and comes back laughing at me... "
I broke down in tears, left the room for a bit...

Im never intentionally killing any creature, no matter what...
How many human souls are there... To God we must be something like ants... But His grace is just so great...

They are creatures. Living organisms. They are miraculous and super complicated. Only God has the knowledge and understanding to create such wonders. We are supposed to look after all our creatures. Part of the very first deal with Adam and Eve.

So no more fly spray... No zappers... No towels or shoes.
No more death to any creature great or small or beautiful or ugly

R

Rita

I think it’s a grey area Cristo, so if a lion was approaching you to attack and you or someone had a gun, would you say ‘ no ‘. If you watch nature it is cruel , so don’t you think it’s equally been affected by the fall. I am not convinced that every single bug or insect that exists now was even there back in creation. Just as sin developed, so did weeds and a whole bunch of other things would have come into play.
We kill insects when we walk along the ground, in grass ect. Bacteria is being killed when we use cleaning sprays around the house.
However the balance would be not to deliberately choose to kill something that is not doing you any actual harm, but that also depends on how your fears affect you. I am not afraid of spiders, but must ad it I do not always just let them go , sadly some go up the hoover. Many of my friends are frightened of them and cannot actually get rid of them themselves, and equally unable to settle until they know it has gone.
So the question is, did God create everything that is part of our society and nature, or is some of it rooted in sin and a product of evolution since the fall. ( by that I mean the natural evolution that exists within nature )

I hate to say it, but where does this ethos stand with the protection of other human beings from a virus !
Do we do our utmost to protect, or just disregard it all and take the risk ! ( sorry had to ask xx )
Rita

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do u

E - Others
If it's a spider my answer would be either D or E (leave it alone).

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do u

E - Others

Changed it to spider for you.

Reactions: Debp

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What if it was a wasp? We sometimes get them inside and I do my best to catch it and let it out. But when My husband tried to do exactly that to one the other day he inadvertently cut in half with the glass as his fingers don't work very well. Poor wasp.

Reactions: Debp

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What if it was a wasp? We sometimes get them inside and I do my best to catch it and let it out. But when My husband tried to do exactly that to one the other day he inadvertently cut in half with the glass as his fingers don't work very well. Poor wasp.

We have those electric racquet zappers, like Tennis racquets, my mum is a pro at zapping flying insects.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have those electric racquet zappers, like Tennis racquets, my mum is a pro at zapping flying insects.

Did your mom ever deal with any snakes? I hear you down under folks have alot of them...and alot are poisonous.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Did your mom ever deal with any snakes? I hear you down under folks have alot of them...and alot are poisonous.

Nope haha, I don't think she would handle snakes as well haha. Good thing they usually hide from us. God has protected us from snakes so far. And we have plenty of Kookaburras around here too, they eat snakes.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok i'll fess up... Id always go for the poison first.

But we hade a visit from our cousins on Sunday in what was such an emotional gathering...
We haven't been able to visit each other for about 6 months now... U can try and say "oh but phone"... Na that doesn't not compare to being together, a kiss, a hug, eat together... Man it was too overdue...

Their son (my cousin) walked off the 12th level of a carpark...
We were talking about how loving he was, i never saw him act from anger... And his mum said
"Daniel wouldn't even hurt a fly. I jump when i see a bug and i can't rest until its dead. But Daniels stops me, gets the spider off the wall, and while im still screaming, he calmly takes it outside and comes back laughing at me... "
I broke down in tears, left the room for a bit...

Im never intentionally killing any creature, no matter what...
How many human souls are there... To God we must be something like ants... But His grace is just so great...

They are creatures. Living organisms. They are miraculous and super complicated. Only God has the knowledge and understanding to create such wonders. We are supposed to look after all our creatures. Part of the very first deal with Adam and Eve.

So no more fly spray... No zappers... No towels or shoes.
No more death to any creature great or small or beautiful or ugly

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin, Daniel. Now I see the reason for your topic.

Reactions: HisLife

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope haha, I don't think she would handle snakes as well haha. Good thing they usually hide from us. God has protected us from snakes so far. And we have plenty of Kookaburras around here too, they eat snakes.

I had a wierd experience about a month ago. Had been on the patio late at night watering some plants. I came back up and was watching TV. As I was talking to my mom, I suddenly saw this huge, really long beetle! It was on the top of her plush rocker, near her head. I froze.... couldn't speak. So I started to rise and point.... that's when the huge thing took off flying!

Now that made it even worse! By that time I was squealing! I tried to see where it had flown to.... didn't see it. Flicked the light switch on in the dining area....then started to hear loud beating of wings! It had landed inside of a paper shopping bag and was trying to get out. I got the creepy shivers and couldn't deal with it. My mom had to take the bag and I told her to dump it in the hallway of our building. She did, and the beetle flew out.

When I water the plants I take a bag with me. I think the bug must have hitched a ride inside.