What do you call it??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When a person believes everything the Bible says, but finds that he/she cannot abide by it. An example…. Say a person is a thief. Addicted to stealing candy bars. They know its wrong, because the Bible says it is, but they love doing it. And they feel no contrition for doing it. They arent an atheist, yet they arent saved either. What would you call them?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A sinner. Just like the rest of us. And to every one who doesn't like that, well what's your candy bar fetish?

Reactions: Gospel Believer

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
They know its wrong, because the Bible says it is, but they love doing it. And they feel no contrition for doing it.
Unfruitful.

• Mat 13:22 Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful.
Fleshly.
  • Gal 5:19-23 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, (20) idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, (21) envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. (22) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, (23) gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Carnal.
  • Rom 8:5-8 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. (6) For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. (7) Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. (8) So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Last edited:

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When a person believes everything the Bible says, but finds that he/she cannot abide by it. An example…. Say a person is a thief. Addicted to stealing candy bars. They know its wrong, because the Bible says it is, but they love doing it. And they feel no contrition for doing it. They arent an atheist, yet they arent saved either. What would you call them?

After eating all of those purloined candy bars , I would probably call them “ Fat”.....

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

At the doorway of salvation and eternal life. Just don't hover there too long aye!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Paul in Romans at the beginning and the end speaks of 'obedience to the faith' and 'the obedience of faith'; one can have knowledge of the truth, yet be in disobedience.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If they believe what the Bible says but they can’t stop stealing candy bars, are they really in a worse place than someone who believes what the Bible says and yet can’t stop their inward murderous resentments and angers? Both men need to cry out to God and begin to trust Him that He can fix them. If both of them believe God can heal them, then both of them must ask Him to heal them and trust Him to heal them as He has said He will if they trust Him.

Sinners have to trust God and ask of God and wait on God.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The bible should not only be approached as a book of rules on how to live, but as part of a supernatural phenomena that actually can transform one's inner person. The end of the process is that what the book says is what you are inside.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible should not only be approached as a book of rules on how to live, but as part of a supernatural phenomena that actually can transform one's inner person. The end of the process is that what the book says is what you are inside.

Amen! It took me many years to learn that the Bible’s is not just an “Instruction Manual”—- a gift to humanity from God in regard to how one can lived a blessed life that pleases God.....

It is one thing to be “Obedient” to God By doing your best to keep His Rules....you will be Blessed for it in this World AND the Next....However, “Obedience” won’t save you.....Only Faith will do that ....

FAITH is Believing the *PROMISES* of God ...this is different from obeying the rules .....
And Nobody is poor- mouthing THAT..... .But one must “also” see the Bible as a Book Of Promises....If one can muster up the FAITH or TRUST to Believe that God will “ make good” on His Promises all you have to do is Believe what He said about the Promises in regard to Eternal Life in order to get Saved .....here is just ONE great Promise....”Anybody that ASKS to be Saved, WILL BE Saved”......Trust God to keep His Word about this and you are “good to go”—— yeah, it’s that simple.....God Bless....

Reactions: Debp and Truman

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FAITH is Believing the *PROMISES* of God ...this is different from obeying the rules .....
And Nobody is poor- mouthing THAT..... .But one must “also” see the Bible as a Book Of Promises....If one can muster up the FAITH or TRUST to Believe that God will “ make good” on His Promises all you have to do is Believe what He said about the Promises in regard to Eternal Life in order to get Saved .....here is just ONE great Promise....”Anybody that ASKS to be Saved, WILL BE Saved”......Trust God to keep His Word about this and you are “good to go”—— yeah, it’s that simple.....God Bless....

yea, i gotta disagree. You say that ANYBODY who asks to be saved, will be saved. If that were true, there’d be no false convert. I wouldnt be a false convert if that were true.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you following me brother?

Hope this is not too much out of line....I dont know where to turn....I can’t get my name and password to work correctly....I have to sign in every time I leave here and return later...how do I u get my “ stay logged in “ thingy to work like it should?! Thanking you in advance, “BloodBought1953”.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yea, i gotta disagree. You say that ANYBODY who asks to be saved, will be saved. If that were true, there’d be no false convert. I wouldnt be a false convert if that were true.

A “ false convert” never Believed that Promise and “ asked to be Saved” with Sincerity....The Secret Of Believing and Acting on that Promise is seeing the *NEED* for that Promise in order to get Saved ......” Nobody comes to God, lest the Spirit draw him”.....The Spirit “draws” with the Conviction Of Sin—- showing you that you are a Lost , Hell- Bound and Hell- Deserving Sinner That MUST have a Savior to make it to Heaven.....With THAT revelation by the Holy Spirit, The Rest should take care of itself....

Reactions: Debp and Addy

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A “ false convert” never Believed that Promise and “ asked to be Saved” with Sincerity....The Secret Of Believing and Acting on that Promise is seeing the *NEED* for that Promise in order to get Saved ......” Nobody comes to God, lest the Spirit draw him”.....The Spirit “draws” with the Conviction Of Sin—- showing you that you are a Lost , Hell- Bound and Hell- Deserving Sinner That MUST have a Savior to make it to Heaven.....With THAT revelation by the Holy Spirit, The Rest should take care of itself....

i know that im hell bound and deserve hell. But i feel no conviction of my sin. I believe what the Bible says, i really do. But im just too cynical i suppose to have any hope about anything. When something bad happens to me, i tell myself not to pray because i deserve every bad thing that happens to me. And yet, everyday when i sin, i know im sinning yet i still go through with it. To be honest, i really do believe i just want salvation so that i dont goto hell. Like its a get outta hell for free card.